Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 84

Thread: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

  1. #1

    Default maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    according to @Barb_IndySports Vogel told her 3 things, 1. Lou is gone 2. Tyler is staying and 3. Barbosa is staying. Maybe Barbosa will be here after all

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AugustinGrangerHill For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    No Fesenko?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. #3
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    I hope not.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  6. #4

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Fesenko?
    nope he is gone

  7. #5
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,504

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    I think Stephenson can miss the hoop with as much effectiveness as Barbosa did.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    I'd be happy to see Barbosa back. Yes, he played poorly in the playoffs, but in the regular season, he was good for us. Plus with Green, Lance, and OJ as our backup wings, we could use some experience.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    I loved Barbosa during the regular season. He has such a great attitude and he's a good teammate. He really struggled shooting the ball during the Miami series but DWade is a really bad matchup for him. He still hit some timely shots... that shot right before halftime of Game 4 to put the Pacers up by 8 for example.

    He's always been one of my favorite players. I won't hold a rare shooting slump against him.


    EDIT: I keep seeing people mention OJ but he's not under contract yet and I don't think he's a lock to make the team.

  12. #8
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    EDIT: I keep seeing people mention OJ but he's not under contract yet and I don't think he's a lock to make the team.
    Kevin Pritchard ‏@nbakev
    @lingolou78 @pacers @pace_o11 He is signed, sealed and delivered!

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I loved Barbosa during the regular season. He has such a great attitude and he's a good teammate. He really struggled shooting the ball during the Miami series but DWade is a really bad matchup for him. He still hit some timely shots... that shot right before halftime of Game 4 to put the Pacers up by 8 for example.

    He's always been one of my favorite players. I won't hold a rare shooting slump against him.


    EDIT: I keep seeing people mention OJ but he's not under contract yet and I don't think he's a lock to make the team.
    He is a lock to make the team if they resign him.......

  15. #10
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a lock to make the team if they resign him.......
    You misunderstood. I was talking about Orlando Johnson.


    Thanks, ejwallace. When did KP tweet that? I'm at work and can't check Twitter right now.

  16. #11
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks, ejwallace. When did KP tweet that? I'm at work and can't check Twitter right now.
    9 hours ago....Apparently signed this AM as OJ retweeted it just after....

  17. #12
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    not a back re-signing...as long as the price is right. I hope we didnt over pay him.

    I think we have a pretty decent second unit.

    Augustin
    Barbosa
    Green
    Hansbrough
    Mahinmi

    We definitely have some scoring options.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  18. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You misunderstood. I was talking about Orlando Johnson.


    Thanks, ejwallace. When did KP tweet that? I'm at work and can't check Twitter right now.
    I did. Thank you for making that clear.....

  19. #14

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    What happened to "giving Lance Stephenson a chance to prove himself this season"?

    Is that done now?

  20. #15
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    I'd rather Lance play more but he probably will rotate with Barbosa on the backup 2 depending on the matchup.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Ugh, why why bother bringing him back? What does he bring that other players can't?

  22. #17
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,876

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Fesenko?
    I think that we have 2 spots left.

    Our starting 5 + DJ + Ian + Tyler + Gerald + Lance + Miles + Orlando + Pendy = 13

    With Barbosa and Fes we would be exactly 15.

  23. #18

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that we have 2 spots left.

    Our starting 5 + DJ + Ian + Tyler + Gerald + Lance + Miles + Orlando + Pendy = 13

    With Barbosa and Fes we would be exactly 15.
    The pacers may start the season with 13 or 14 players.

  24. #19
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    HA! Oh Barb.....

  25. #20
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,876

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The pacers may start the season with 13 or 14 players.
    It's definitely a possibility. I'm just saying that we have the spots if we want them

  26. #21
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,462

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugh, why why bother bringing him back? What does he bring that other players can't?
    Depth at the 2? I mean it's either him or sign a new player that doesn't know the system. I don't mind him coming back as long as his minutes are limited and he doesn't hurt Lance's growth.

  27. #22
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    I think Barbosa took a lot of heat last season from Pacer fans. I've seen him play a lot in Toronto and he's actually not that bad.

    I think the Pacers think he's a better defender than he really is. Last year, I would admit, Barbosa played like cr@p. He's a really good scorer and someone who can stretch the defence
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  28. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:


  29. #23
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Barbosa took a lot of heat last season from Pacer fans. I've seen him play a lot in Toronto and he's actually not that bad.

    I think the Pacers think he's a better defender than he really is. Last year, I would admit, Barbosa played like cr@p. He's a really good scorer and someone who can stretch the defence
    A lot of fans have very short memories. Barbosa was a great addition and helped propel us into he playoffs. I think adding him to an already deep wing rotation allows you to play him when he's hot and sit him when he's not.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:


  31. #24
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,951
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    For a reasonable price I welcome him back.

    I don't think Vogel expects him back though, wiht his insistence that Lance is starting the year off as our backup shooting guard, barbosa wuold almost certainly be ahead of himin the rotation if he returns.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  33. #25

    Default Re: maybe Barbosa is staying after all

    Lance MAY has an upside greater than Barbosa and we need to find out if he does. If so he needs PT. If we find he doesn't it's time to stop the talk about his potential and send him on his way. I want to see if Lance is a difference maker. What's the point in having Barbosa keep Lance on the bench?

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Does Barbosa re-sign with us?
    By BringJackBack in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 02:39 PM
  2. Thank you Barbosa
    By RichardHawes in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 02:12 AM
  3. Expectations for Barbosa
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:59 PM
  4. thoughts on Barbosa
    By wooolus in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •