Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: It is possible that Leandro Barbosa will not come back

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default It is possible that Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    I was just on Gerald Green's twitter and his new twitter picture is of him with a Pacers #28 jersey on, obviously Barbosa could still come back with a different number but i doubt he comes back after his playoff performance, if you want to see the picture his name on twitter is @GeraldGreen_
    tell me if you think Barbosa comes back
    Last edited by Peck; 07-17-2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Title was misleading

  2. #2
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    The title is very misleading. This has nothing from his camp, so I wouldn't call it that. However, Green wearing 28 isn't a big deal, Barbosa can have his 10 now that Jeff doesn't have it.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The title is very misleading. This has nothing from his camp, so I wouldn't call it that. However, Green wearing 28 isn't a big deal, Barbosa can have his 10 now that Jeff doesn't have it.
    sorry about that, i changed the title

  5. #4

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    take that back i have no idea how to change the title

  6. #5
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    take that back i have no idea how to change the title
    Just figured I would say it was misleading before some Barbosa lover flips out at no link or whatever lol. I don't think you can, I think an admin has to.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #6
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Somehow I knew you'd be the first to reply :P

    I assume Green is in Indy then? I know Mahinmi is supposed to be here soon.

  8. #7
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somehow I knew you'd be the first to reply :P
    Man I just got back on too lol
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. #8
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Guess you can get a new avatar now

  10. #9
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess you can get a new avatar now
    Nahhh, I made that DJA one... my next one is going to be my submission for the new logo
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  11. #10
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    pretty sure its a fake account.

  12. #11
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    My bad I posted another possible fake........
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. #12

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pretty sure its a fake account.
    It is not a fake account if he was having a twitter conversation with David West, Paul George, and Ian Mahinmi

  14. #13
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Pretty sure we figured it was not a fake account.

  15. #14
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,389
    Mood

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    I would welcome him back at the veteran minimum.

  16. #15
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    @GeraldGreen_ is followed by Hicks so I probably believe this one.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #16

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @GeraldGreen_ is followed by Hicks so I probably believe this one.
    He has also received tweets from David West, Paul George, and Ian Mahinmi
    Last edited by AugustinGrangerHill; 07-16-2012 at 11:26 PM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to AugustinGrangerHill For This Useful Post:


  19. #17
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was also received tweets from David West, Paul George, and Ian Mahinmi
    There you go~ I think it is official Green has #28.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  20. #18
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    That is not accurate.

    Ian will be wearing #28 (story/photo up first). They just Photoshopped the same jersey on Gerald, Ian, and DJ as the "Top Story".







    EDIT: See Pacers.com

  21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  22. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,647

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is not accurate.

    Ian will be wearing #28 (story/photo up first). They just Photoshopped the same jersey on Gerald, Ian, and DJ as the "Top Story".







    EDIT: See Pacers.com
    Ah. Another clever ploy by the front office meant to confuse the opposition. This will probably disrupt the defensive plans of our opponents, giving us a decided advantage.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  24. #20
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Nice call.

  25. #21
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Screw it. I'll see at the press conference lol
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  26. #22
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,347

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Assuming that the FO is deadset on getting another Wing Player.....I am pretty sure that if we wait it out...that whatever contract price that the Pacers offer Barbosa....they could net a better FA at a lower than expected Market Price. Even if it's a similar 1-year deal than what Mayo got....I'd rather rent a better Player at a comparable but lower than expected Market price than just go with Barbosa "just because". I'm guessing that the new CBA is dictating the stinginess of Teams to offer huge contracts....but a lot of Players that I'd think would go higher are being signed for a lower cost.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #23
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    562
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming that the FO is deadset on getting another Wing Player.....I am pretty sure that if we wait it out...that whatever contract price that the Pacers offer Barbosa....they could net a better FA at a lower than expected Market Price. Even if it's a similar 1-year deal than what Mayo got....I'd rather rent a better Player at a comparable but lower than expected Market price than just go with Barbosa "just because". I'm guessing that the new CBA is dictating the stinginess of Teams to offer huge contracts....but a lot of Players that I'd think would go higher are being signed for a lower cost.
    The Pacers are going to wait it out and sign most likely a PG. It will be someone of little note and they will mainly sit the bench. I figured that everyone already knew that the chances of Barbosa returning were very slim.

  28. #24

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers are going to wait it out and sign most likely a PG. It will be someone of little note and they will mainly sit the bench. I figured that everyone already knew that the chances of Barbosa returning were very slim.
    I figured Lance would be the 3rd PG. Thus saving a roster spot and a little bit of money.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  30. #25
    Member Handoverfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    164

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Leandro Barbosa will not come back

    I was thinking about our point guard situation, let's say Hill or DJ goes down with an injury, who will be our backup? Lance? Vogel said himself he wanted Lance to play the 2, and Pritchard said in his interview on 1070 that Vogel had his doubts that Lance could run a team. I still think we need a cheap vet type point guard for insurance.

Similar Threads

  1. Leandro Barbosa picked for Brazil's Olympic team
    By Coupe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 02:55 AM
  2. Get to know Leandro Barbosa (Pacers Crate)
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 04:38 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 09:38 AM
  4. Leandro Barbosa (hamstring) of Toronto Raptors to miss 1-2 weeks [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 08:50 PM
  5. Phoenix Suns' Leandro Barbosa has cyst removed from wrist [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •