Default Central Division Standings???

How do you think the Central will pan out

1. Pacers
    2. Bulls
    3. Cleveland
    4. Bucks
    5. Detroit

Sports Logo

Default Re: Central Division Standings???

1) Pacers

2) Bulls

3) Pistons (I expect them to make the playoffs)

4) Bucks

5) Cavaliers (Irving's injury will stall them)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers and Bulls in some order at the top, and the other three are close enough to make me not care. The Cavs seem the friskiest on paper, but I'm not a believer in anyone on Detroit's roster not named Greg Monroe. Especially Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers and Bulls in some order at the top, and the other three are close enough to make me not care. The Cavs seem the friskiest on paper, but I'm not a believer in anyone on Detroit's roster not named Greg Monroe. Especially Drummond.
    I am a firm believer that Drummond will turn into an above average NBA center, I think the biggest questions were on his work ethic, which i think a good coaching staff will fix.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    I am a firm believer that Drummond will turn into an above average NBA center, I think the biggest questions were on his work ethic, which i think a good coaching staff will fix.
    Work ethic and basketball IQ are concerns for me. Also a guy with physical gifts as extraordinary as he has should have dominated college basketball. He hardly made a dent on the landscape. I can see him having a very Kwame Brown-esque career. Or DeAndre Jordan.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers
    Bulls
    Bucks
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Work ethic and basketball IQ are concerns for me. Also a guy with physical gifts as extraordinary as he has should have dominated college basketball. He hardly made a dent on the landscape. I can see him having a very Kwame Brown-esque career. Or DeAndre Jordan.
    In his defense, he was the top post defender in all of college basketball last season.

Defensively, his IQ is off the charts for an 18 year old. He's extremely raw and uncomfortable offensively, but the range at which he can extend his defensive influence at his size is remarkable. He understands a lot of little things about defense that most bigs don't fully understand until their late 20's.

I think any team with 4 rookies (possibly 5) is at least a year away from playoff contention, but I think we have a very good foundation of young talent. I don't see us finishing any higher than 3rd in the central, but it depends on how Chicago deals with another season without Rose.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-17-2012 at 06:41 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

[QUOTE=AugustinGrangerHill;1484073]How do you think the Central will pan out

1. Bulls
    2. Pacers
    3. Cleveland
    4. Detroit
    5. Bucks

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    In his defense, he was the top post defender in all of college basketball last season.

Defensively, his IQ is off the charts for an 18 year old. He's extremely raw and uncomfortable offensively, but the range at which he can extend his defensive influence at his size is remarkable. He understands a lot of little things about defense that most bigs don't fully understand until their late 20's.

I think any team with 4 rookies (possibly 5) is at least a year away from playoff contention, but I think we have a very good foundation of young talent. I don't see us finishing any higher than 3rd in the central, but it depends on how Chicago deals with another season without Rose.
    Im having Darko flashbacks...

It is hard to judge how well the Bulls will do without Rose for most if not all of the season. They obviously will be at worst the second best team in the Central, but if any of their starters has an injury that keeps them out for extended period of time, that could be the end of their playoff hopes next season. Without Rose they are similar to the Pacers, although not as talented, but they make up for it in other ways.

The Pacers though have the talent to be championship contenders, but haven't been able to put it all together yet to become a true contender, for various reasons. While we hope a full training camp, and more experience as individuals and together pushes us over the edge into true contention it isn't a proven fact yet.

I do think the Pacers should go into the season as the favorites, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bulls end up with a better regular season record.

I'll let you know my thoughts on this in 3 months. Although I don't look at the division standing, only at the conference standings.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I'll let you know my thoughts on this in 3 months. Although I don't look at the division standing, only at the conference standings.

Oh my gosh, teams have only been able to sign FA for 4 days with a whole off season yet to go and a thread on how The Central Division standings will shake out. LOL!

A little pre-mature aren't we?

After that being said, who is going to be the 1st to do the "that's what she said" e-motion thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I'm with you. Division standings are nice, but playoff seeding is by conference. And I really only care about the playoff seeding and how long the Pacers will keep home court advantage.