Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: New Changes

  1. #1

    Default New Changes

    I believe the new players plus the ones that were here last year means a great improvement. Last year there was no backup center when Hibbard was on the bench the team was just not the same. Plus the addition of Green and Augastin will improve the bench. The Pacers may now be the tallest team in the NBA and one of the most athletic.The top 3 teams in the east will be Miami, NYK and the Pacers.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierman For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,577

    Default Re: New Changes

    Hibbard and Augastin FTW!!!
    Thank you Jeff.

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,223
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    Yes, they are improvements, but don't we already have enough of these threads?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: New Changes

    Hibbard is unstoppable. I really love Hibbard, he's my favorite.

  8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  9. #5
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,987

    Default Re: New Changes

    I would like it to become a verb, ie, he just done got Hibbard.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    0 results found for roy hibbard jersey
    eBay hates the Pacers
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,692

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    I've seen about six of these in the same week. All with different spellings of Hibbert. I'm not really sure what to think here.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,987

    Default Re: New Changes

    Of course welcome to PD, hoosierman, we are just goofing.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,558

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    0 results found for roy hibbard jersey
    eBay hates the Pacers


  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    300
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The top 3 teams in the east will be Miami, NYK and the Pacers.
    I'm not big on NY like alot of people here are. I, honestly, think best-case scenario....5th seed in the East.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,135

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not big on NY like alot of people here are. I, honestly, think best-case scenario....5th seed in the East.
    Me too, the Knicks represent super-team gone wrong in my opinion. The have a winning record because of pure talent, but they really don't stand a chance against other playoff teams. With them I think too many people look at them only as a team on paper, and forget that it isn't all about stats. Hell that happens a lot with the Pacers too which creates myths such as Bosh or Josh Smith are better than every player on the Pacers. Many teams have one player better than Granger or Hibbert, few have two players, and none have 3 players.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 07-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen about six of these in the same week. All with different spellings of Hibbert. I'm not really sure what to think here.
    Stick around. We'll tell you what to think and when to think it. And, if we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.

  24. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: New Changes

    Which are better, the Bobcats' starters last year our our new second string lineup?

    This was the Bobcats' starting lineup last year:
    Augustin
    G. Henderson
    D. Brown
    D.J. White (or Mullens or Thomas)
    Biyombo

    Here's our second string:
    Augustin
    Hill/Stephenson (Hill will probably spend backup time at SG)
    G. Green
    Hansbrough (or Plumlee if Hans is traded)
    Mahinmi

    I think our second string might be able to beat them. I like these additions. I love our depth. Sure, the Bobcats were gawdawful, but being a small market team that could beat a bad team with our second string is still pretty awesome.

  25. #14
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,950

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    Hopefully Augustin gets some minutes with the starters too just to see what he is capable of with talented players around him.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,499
    Mood

    Default Re: New Changes

    Hibbard sounds like Roy doing Shakespeare in the park.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbard sounds like Roy doing Shakespeare in the park.
    Doth thou mother know you gotten max cash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,135

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully Augustin gets some minutes with the starters too just to see what he is capable of with talented players around him.
    I hope so too, I hoped that last year with Price also though, and that never paned out. I think having someone play with the starters who has a PG mentality, and is a decent passer may do a lot more to help them to be better than just putting the better overall player in with them. Hill is without a doubt a better player than Collison, Augustine, or Price, but that doesn't mean he is better for the job of PG.

  32. #18
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,070

    Default Re: New Changes

    Actually this is one of the more entertaining threads I've seen in awhile. And I must say I like the new changes better than the old changes. Old changes are never good

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  34. #19
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which are better, the Bobcats' starters last year our our new second string lineup?

    This was the Bobcats' starting lineup last year:
    Augustin
    G. Henderson
    D. Brown
    D.J. White (or Mullens or Thomas)
    Biyombo

    Here's our second string:
    Augustin
    Hill/Stephenson (Hill will probably spend backup time at SG)
    G. Green
    Hansbrough (or Plumlee if Hans is traded)
    Mahinmi

    I think our second string might be able to beat them. I like these additions. I love our depth. Sure, the Bobcats were gawdawful, but being a small market team that could beat a bad team with our second string is still pretty awesome.
    Anyone's second string can destroy that team. -_-

  35. #20
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Age
    22
    Posts
    516

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    i bet the Hoosiers next year could give the Bobcats a run for their money

  36. #21
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,087

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbard and Augastin FTW!!!
    This is going to be very confusing for Boyle to differentiate on the radio if these 2 are on the court at the same time as Roy and DJ!
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  37. #22
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,087

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually this is one of the more entertaining threads I've seen in awhile. And I must say I like the new changes better than the old changes. Old changes are never good
    Sometimes I like to go back to the old changes when the new changes don't work out. But then that would make the old changes new changes even though they were old changes?
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  38. #23

    Default Re: New Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i bet the Hoosiers next year could give the Bobcats a run for their money
    no, they couldn't.

  39. #24
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,409
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Changes

    I sure hope we don't pay Hibbard to much, especially after giving the Big Guy all that money.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  41. #25

    Default Re: New Changes

    Did you know that Roy had a second career as a race car driver? I wonder how he fit in the vehicle?

    http://www.marshallnews.com/story/1237378.html

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •