Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he re-signs with us

14 26.42%
  • No, Lance is our backup SG

39 73.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Barbosa re-sign with us?

Default Re: Does Barbosa re-sign with us?

I'm fine with him not coming back.

Lance is finally getting his turn. This is a make/break season for Lance. I still think he's going to be our X-factor.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think we will re-sign him and Lance Stephenson is definitely not backup point guard material so I think both of those poll options are wrong. No vote for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we will re-sign him and Lance Stephenson is definitely not backup point guard material so I think both of those poll options are wrong. No vote for me.
    SG = shooting guard
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I feel like the Pacers would have already renounced him if they didn't plan on bringing him back cheaper. He wouldn't get a lot of playing time, I think, but I wouldn't mind having him on the team. I liked the energy he brought on offense last season. It may not have helped greatly in the playoffs, but he was one of few that would still attack the basket every time he got the chance.

I say they give Lance one more (maybe last chance) to prove himself. If he fails, then Hill and G.Green will have play some time at SG.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't imagine a worse choice for the Pacers to make at this point unless other trades are on the way that thin out that part of the roster. George, Hill, Greene, and Johnson are all on the roster, and Stephenson beyond that if need be. There really is no place on the roster for another 2 guard at this point, even if Hill is only played as a 1 (which I doubt).

No option exists in the poll to give my emphatic answers of NO! and NOOOOO!!!!!!!! respectively.

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Barbosa is continuing his dogsh** play against the Olympic team!

Hell no to bringing him back!

John Hollinger‏@johnhollinger

Yes US pressure looked great in Q2.... but also, Brazil backup PGs suck.

I envision Barbosa's agent in the TV truck furiously trying to pull all the plugs....

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'd prefer to not sign Barbosa and have Orlando and Lance take the remaining WingMan minutes.

If WE MUST sign a Wing Man to add some depth....I'd prefer to wait it out and see what Free Agents falls through the cracks for a cheap price. As TBird suggested.....the longer we wait...there is a greater chance that we can get a Free Agent at a "Below Market" price.

It's not great.....but if Barbosa is not the guy....and if things work out...I can see the Pacers signing Delfino at a much cheaper price than what we'd expect. I don't want ANYONE to get in front of Lance or Orlando for any WingMan minutes...but if we have to...I'd rather have Delfino over Barbosa.

What is the current Pacers salary? How much salary under the LT is left?

I don't see the Pacers re-signing Barbosa as they have more than enough players to cover the SG spot. To me it's waste of money.

Frank says its Lances spot going into camp. I'd guess if Lance can't handle it, GG gets all the back up wing minutes in a 3 man rotation, there. If that doesn't work, then they'll have to bring someone in or......

Interesting note from Frank on Dakich yesterday said Orlando Johnson, in the 5 practices leading up to the summer league games, hit every open shot and blew them away... so I'm guessing Orlando J is much better off than his summer league shooting % leads you to think. I wouldn't count OJ out, his physical build and skillset are ready now, its just getting his mind around it all, I think.
    Last edited by Speed; 07-17-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Frank says its Lances spot going into camp. I'd guess if Lance can't handle it, GG gets all the back up wing minutes in a 3 man rotation, there. If that doesn't work, then they'll have to bring someone in or......

Interesting note from Frank on Dakich yesterday said Orlando Johnson, in the 5 practices leading up to the summer league games, hit every open shot and blew them away... so I'm guessing Orlando J is much better off than his summer league shooting % leads you to think. I wouldn't count OJ out, his physical build and skillset are ready now, its just getting his mind around it all, I think.
    At this point I think the plan is for Lance to be the back-up SG, and if he doesn't pan out then Hill and Green will split the back-up SG minutes unless Orlando proves he is ready to be a full time back-up.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    Barbosa is continuing his dogsh** play against the Olympic team!

Hell no to bringing him back!

Yes US pressure looked great in Q2.... but also, Brazil backup PGs suck.

I envision Barbosa's agent in the TV truck furiously trying to pull all the plugs....

Yeah, he was terrible

19 min, 10 points on 57% shooting, 2 steals, 1 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 TO.

Sorry, I just don't mind that he struggles against Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Lebron, especially when playing out of position like he was last night. Sure, he wasn't good in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean there isn't a role for him on this team going forward. I for one wouldn't mind a guy playing 10ish minutes a night that won't be afraid to shoot/give guys a breather. Not to mention that he is by far our best finisher in transition, seeing as the rest of the team struggles with dunks/layups when going hard to the rim.

Like everything else, it all comes down to how much/what he thinks his role should be.
    Last edited by Derek2k3; 07-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.