Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I NEVER said a thing about JO's money, now did I? Why don't you just pull something out of the air to say? I was referring to the trade to get JO, and Walsh didn't pluck another JO in Mahinmi.
Then why bring up JO at all? No one is saying that Mahinmi is going to be the next all-star PF/C, what does a JO move have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
So operating in a vacuum not knowing what a b/u big might get is reason to give a 4 year guaranteed contract w/o any TO's? WOW! I could possibly understand your thinking if this was a high tier player, but lets be honest Mahinmi isn't exactly a household name or a productive starter on a team. He is what he is... b/u big who has accomplised little in the NBA. I guess I could just take the attitude that many others have, it's not my money so why care.
The problem that I refer to with "being in a vacuum" is that so many people here seem to have an absolute idea in their heads of what a player with a certain set of statistics is worth in the league, as well as an idea of what level of salary makes it impossible for that player to be off the deep bench.

Considering so many payrolls out there, I have absolutely NO idea where these values come from. If a guy is going to be your main rotation b/u big, is he worth $4M? If someone else was going to pay him that amount, is he worth $4M? Is the worth absolute or is it relative to the cap? If he isn't worth $4M in a cap space of $58M, is he worth it in a cap space of $62M? $65M? $70M?

I just don't think it is as cut-and-dried as so many seem to that there's a fixed retail price where anyone who offers more is foolish.