Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74

Thread: Pacers Digest Get Together

  1. #51
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    We've used the Milano Inn private room on several occassions. Can't recall the cost/requirements.

    We did something at Tavern on South but that has a food purchase minimum and while it's great food that might be out of our range for this type of get together.

    If our house wasn't so compartmentalized (and cluttered) I'd host (downtown). But I don't really have a room other than the back patio that could comfortably seat 15-20 people. We could have 8 person "break out sessions" going at the same time in different rooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now we seem to have just two options.

    Bill S hosting in Brownsburg, just west of Indianapolis

    My condo clubhouse in Lawrence, on the NE side of Indy

    I'm going to post a poll with at least these two options to judge what kinda feedback we get.

    I checked into Rock Bottom that 5_7_clash suggested. We seem to like to have a quite place all to ourselves, not sure that would fit our needs.

    Thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in Danville, not Brownsburg.
    Anything west of 465 falls under "hellscape" anyway. Can you see Illinois from your front porch all the way out there.

    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 07-25-2012 at 12:54 PM.

  2. #52
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anything west of 465 falls under "hellscape" anyway. Can you see Illinois from your front porch all the way out there.



    And no, I can't, Terre Haute is in the way.

    Seriously, though downtown would work if we could get a good room.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  3. #53

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    I nominate OlBlu's house, when he's not there!

    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 07-26-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Won't be going this time, have fun guys.

  5. #55
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Wouldnt mind attending one of these, but of all days I have a concert to attend on the 13th.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    The Pacers Digest Forum Party time and location has been set.

    Saturday October 13th, 6:00 PM until whenever

    The Fox and the Hound
    4901 East 82nd Street

    From those coming from the west... you should exit on Keystone, ture left onto 82nd east... Fox and Hound is in a strip mall, directly behind Logan's, on the right side of the road.

    From those coming from the east... exit on Allisonville Road (the bridge should be open by then), turn right onto 82nd street... Fox and Hound is in a strip mall, directly behind Logan's on the left side of the road.

    The Fox and Hound web site: http://foxandhound.com/restaurantinf...d-indianapolis

    Mapquest: http://mapq.st/RrfWqS

    We have an area set aside that we can use from 6:00 until 3:00 AM.

    Anyone under 21 will be welcome until 10:00.

    We will hang out at Fox & Hound until at least 10, maybe 11 then drive about a half mile down the road to Perkins at the corner of 82nd & Allisonville Road.

    If you have any questions, please let me know.

    Thankls and hope to see you there!

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:


  8. #57
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Just curious, why am I not welcome after 10?


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. #58
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just curious, why am I not welcome after 10?


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    It's a bar.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  10. #59

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    I don't know if I'll go cause I'm weird about social internet meetup type stuff and don't want to come off awkward.

    Two things, if I did go, do I ask for a specific name, table, or area?

    The other... I know its only a half mile to perkins, but I trust there won't be anyone driving drunk? Maybe you can discuss a DD?

  11. #60
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,321

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Looks like a good choice Jose.... the Dragon Berry Mojito sounds interesting since I just saw a demo this past weekend on how to make one (the common rum and lime that is).
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  12. #61
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,783

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like a good choice Jose.... the Dragon Berry Mojito sounds interesting since I just saw a demo this past weekend on how to make one (the common rum and lime that is).

    are you buying the first round?

  13. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if I'll go cause I'm weird about social internet meetup type stuff and don't want to come off awkward.

    Two things, if I did go, do I ask for a specific name, table, or area?

    The other... I know its only a half mile to perkins, but I trust there won't be anyone driving drunk? Maybe you can discuss a DD?
    We've been doing these for more than 10 years now. Sometimes it can be awkward meeting people for the first time but we always seem to get a very friendly group. Everyone is always made to feel welcome since we're all united in our love of the Pacers.

    The area we'll have is to the right of the entrance & the staff will know who & where we are.

    Also, I didn't post this already but I should have....

    Nobody is required to show up at 6 or hang with us all night. You could show up a little late, leave a little early, or both. Just hoping you stop in and say hi so you can put some faces to the names you've known for so long.

  14. #63
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    I went a few summers ago and had an absolutely fantastic time. I went by myself, showed up and met so many of the people that I have conversations on here with on a daily basis. It was well worth it. I have wanted to get back for another one, but it's not an easy 11-12 hour drive. I can guarantee it is well worth your effort to go and be able to talk about the Pacers. It is very civil and actually the more people who end up going to these, makes for better conversation on here. It helps bring some more civility to the site itself, IMO. Anybody who is on the fence about going absolutely should for no other reason than the fact that I would love to go but can't. If you have the opportunity, make the effort to go. It's not like you don't spend a bunch of your time on the site, so make your time spent that much better.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  15. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've been doing these for more than 10 years now. Sometimes it can be awkward meeting people for the first time but we always seem to get a very friendly group. Everyone is always made to feel welcome since we're all united in our love of the Pacers.

    The area we'll have is to the right of the entrance & the staff will know who & where we are.

    Also, I didn't post this already but I should have....

    Nobody is required to show up at 6 or hang with us all night. You could show up a little late, leave a little early, or both. Just hoping you stop in and say hi so you can put some faces to the names you've known for so long.
    Are Piston fans allowed to come?

  16. #65
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are Piston fans allowed to come?
    As long as you wear a Ron Artest Pacers jersey......
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #66
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,321

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are Piston fans allowed to come?
    Well Displayed Knick fan has been to one and Robertmto (Wizzards fan) has been to a few so you'll be good to go. For a person who's been on here since 2004 do you need to ask?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  18. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as you wear a Ron Artest Pacers jersey......
    Man, I was planning on wearing by Ben Wallace Pistons jersey. Oh well.

    Actually, I'd like to meet people who follow the NBA like I do. It's tough having a good NBA conversation with anyone.

  19. #68
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    I'll fire up the grill.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  20. #69
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Great job on the legwork as always Jose.

    This should line up fine for me.

  21. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great job on the legwork as always Jose.

    This should line up fine for me.
    I just checked out Mattie's suggestion and knew it was a far better option than my condo's clubhouse.

    I'm planning on posting a reminder type poll in about a month.

  22. #71
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,521

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    We'll have some free wings and stuff as well. I'm not sure what all they're going to give us but they're going to hook us up.

    Their servers work really hard and sometimes it if it is real busy (unlikely at such an early time) they can't all get to us as quick as they would like. Treat them well!
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  23. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    Thanks again Mattie

    I'll call them with a rough number of guest a few days before the party.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:


  25. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    I would enjoy meeting some of you if not all. My schedule keeps me on the move. I am currently in TX and will be heading to CO, UT, NV, AZ, NM and back to Texas over the next three months. I hope you all have a great time....... ...

  26. #74
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,829
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Get Together

    I may be there. Going to try and get to the preseason game the night before. It would be my first live Pacers game.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Digest on SI.com
    By RandyWrinkles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:54 AM
  2. Intake magazine's article on the Pacers and Pacers Digest
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •