Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The times, they are a changin'... (important announcement about the future of Pacers Digest)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The times, they are a changin'... (important announcement about the future of Pacers Digest)

"Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Default Re: The times, they are a changin'... (important announcement about the future of Pacers Digest)

Thank you Hicks for making PD the Frank Vogel of both Pacers and basketball sites.

Now, is there a way that a mass e-mail could be sent out from the member list here to notify both old inactive members and currently active members of what the new site will actually be? That might spur some former posters to return, as well as making sure that those of us who are currently active will make a smooth transition?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for all your hardwork Hicks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry to here you are stepping down. I think you did a fabulous job running this place. Putting up with all the day to day crap and handling it very fair and classy manner. Best of luck.

Hope you hang around as just one of the guys.

Thanks again!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Thank you Hicks for being a part of the best fan discussion board on the internet. Thanks to all who contribute to the success of this site. See I can be positive too. I hope you keep posting always enjoy reading your posts.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

TELL ME THAT HICKS DID NOT TAKE HIS TALENT TO SOUTH BEACH

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

what's the minimum amnesty claim on Hicks?

I am under the cap.

Seriously, though... thanks for all your hard work.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Thanks a lot Hicks!

Its been a pleasure discussing Pacer basketball with you over the years.

Youll truly be missed!
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

I came after the great schism. I lurked for a # of years b4 becoming a Pacers Digest member. The Star and Realgm wouldn't open me up an account, LOL, but Pacers Digest did. I've truly enjoyed the 4 years here, and can say THANKS HICKS for allowing me to be part of PD!

I have no idea what you are off to do in life, but I wish you all the success in the world with whatever your future endeavors might be.

Justin

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TELL ME THAT HICKS DID NOT TAKE HIS TALENT TO SOUTH BEACH
    Heat Digest

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Heat Digest

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I hope Hicks didn't step down because of how underwhelmed he was by this offseason, and how underwhelmed he's been by Walsh. I don't think that's the main reason, but I think it's been a determining factor based on some tweets/posts

Thank you for everything Hicks. Crazy to think I've been here since I was 15 (8 years). Back then I thought EVERY team had forums like this. Then I realized oh how wrong I was, and how lucky we were to have this community.

Good luck on the next endeavor.

Edit- oh, and add me to the 'Pacer Nation' fan club.

And also would LOVE to take a swing on a new logo, whenever that times comes around
    Last edited by rel; 07-15-2012 at 07:25 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Hicks for all you have done to make PD a quality fan forum. There are few team dedicated fan forums that match the quality of PD and part of that is due to Hicks work.

Just to throw out some suggestions, besides Pacers Nation, for the renaming of PD what about
    - Gold Swagger?
    - Pacers Refresh
    - Pacers Ponder
    - Also, Pacers Domain (or something that starts with a "D")

If Hicks is retaining the domain name Pacers Digest I am curious to see what he has in the works for it.
    Last edited by Young; 07-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Well Hicks that is the lamest way of going PFFL I have ever seen. I gotta say sir, you built one helluva site here and you should justly be proud. Best of luck in all that you do....please keep posting and showing up for pizza/Pacer talk.

As to Shade.......I hope there is a firm order of succession in place just in case you decide to do a header out of the balcony when the draft goes bad for you. Mods, take note of his suicidal tendencies and keep a close watch on him.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

There's no doubt he is either on his way to Orlando to get DwightHoward traded to Indiana for Hansbrough... (we need a backup PF) OR... He's off to NYC to become Special Assistant to Commissioner Stern in charge of wieldi ng the " For Basketball Reasons..." stamp...

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Well Hicks that is the lamest way of going PFFL I have ever seen. I gotta say sir, you built one helluva site here and you should justly be proud. Best of luck in all that you do....please keep posting and showing up for pizza/Pacer talk.

As to Shade.......I hope there is a firm order of succession in place just in case you decide to do a header out of the balcony when the draft goes bad for you. Mods, take note of his suicidal tendencies and keep a close watch on him.

He's more likely to run into a Burlington coat factory...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Thank you Hicks for all your hard work. PD is by far the best site to not only talk Pacers on, but to talk basketball on. I hope you stick around and post still, you are always a voice of reason on here that I find myself agreeing with more often than not.

Also, enjoy the season tickets!

sidenote, I also approve the PacersNation movement. And I also can't wait to see what rel would come up with for a logo.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Thanks Hicks for making this the #1 blog forum on the intertubes.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

My thanks to Hicks for all of his hard work over the years in maintaining a quality site. And my thanks to Shade, in advance, for his upcoming efforts in keeping the legacy going.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Le roi est mort, vive le roi.
    Hicks, you always were my favorite poster. In fact, without you I wouldn't be posting today. Tip of the cap to you and good luck in the future.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

SPEECH!

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

So long and thanks for all the fish!
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    Thank you for everything Hicks. Crazy to think I've been here since I was 15 (8 years). Back then I thought EVERY team had forums like this. Then I realized oh how wrong I was, and how lucky we were to have this community.

Good luck on the next endeavor.

Edit- oh, and add me to the 'Pacer Nation' fan club.

And also would LOVE to take a swing on a new logo, whenever that times comes around
    Me, too. In fact, my first version is almost finished
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Banned

Lol at the people that are talking like Hicks is dying or something

Do we know if he is going to keep posting? and now that Shade is in charge are they going to open an special side to talk about J Bayless? And are they going to change the site name to www.JarrydBaylessisthenextsuperstar.com?