Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The times, they are a changin'... (important announcement about the future of Pacers Digest)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The times, they are a changin'... (important announcement about the future of Pacers Digest)

How exactly do you do that???

@Pacers24Colts12

Default Re: The times, they are a changin'... (important announcement about the future of Pacers Digest)

You did good work Hicks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks for everything you've done Hicks. This has been clearly the best spot to talk all things Pacers ever since all of us left that place that shall not be named.

Shade will lead an awesome step forward into the future, I got no ideas for a new name but I agree Pacerfans is pretty generic.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PacerNation.com please.
    Last edited by Coupe; 07-15-2012 at 04:15 PM.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Shade, good lookin out. Hicks : you rock fam, still family

I like www.pacerfanatics.com
    Sittin on top of the world!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Don't know why you are all so surprised. Vescey reported this like four months ago.

Seriously, though, in addition to holding this site up for nearly a decade, Hicks was one of the most level-headed and informed posters whose insights were always among the best. He will be missed, like an open man on a Pacer fast break.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Hicks, you will be a hard act to follow. Best wishes to the old and new.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is more surprising than Bird stepping down.

As everyone else has said, thanks to Hicks for the decade of awesomeness that has been Pacers Digest. And, thanks to Shade and Able for picking up the torch and carrying us all forward. Hopefully everyone here that makes this place great will make the transition to the new place and we can carry on what has become a huge part of our lives and has made many of us (myself very much included) more knowledgeable and better basketball fans, not to mention the grammar lessons many of us have also received.

PD is a family unto itself and I definitely look forward to the next step while being very grateful for those who have brought it this far.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

I just want to thank you Hicks for doing all of this all of these years. There are few people that would have done everything you did to keep this going and not getting paid for it. When we moved from the RATS boards who knew just how big and grand this family would become. I wish you the best in all you do!

Shade? Crap! Hope you do this better than you do the Wolf game!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Mood

There is NO doubt it HAS to be www.PacerNation.com (seconded that)

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Mood

I third PacerNation. Hell, even my tapatalk signature agrees.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

So who is going to start the debate on why Hicks is stepping away? I want to start hearing all the rumors, thoughts, conspiracy's. I want to know who signed him to a larger contract. I want to see the best of PDer's on top of this matter! Hick's wouldn't want it any other way!

But on a serious note, I think it's because I out debated him...lol!

But really, Thanks Hicks for an awesome site for all of us to know wtf is going on with the Pacers and the NBA. And for all of us to share our thoughts on something we all love... Pacers Basketball. Hope you are still going to post your thoughts and keen information.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sorry to see you leave Hicks, and thanks for leaving the site in capable hands. Pacernation sounds good to me.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Why?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to know who signed him to a larger contract.
    I offered him twelve bucks and a free Mike's car wash. That was a 300% raise on what he was being paid before.

I don't know what the name will be and how the site will end up. I have confidence that everything will be ok. I do know that nobody would care if Hicks hadn't have built something so awesome. Hats off to him. I hope he's proud, because he should be.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Though I hardly ever post and have never been good with social graces, I've been privileged to call Hicks a friend over the years--all due to this site. I know only a fraction of the effort he has put into this place, but that's enough to grasp the immensity of the work and challenges PD has offered. I'm only surprised this change didn't come to pass sooner. So enjoy your new-found freedom, my friend. You have more than earned it.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to obnoxiousmodesty For This Useful Post:

thanks Hicks, you were a great admin. hopefully, you'll keep posting at the same volume? and good luck to Shade!

So who is going to start the debate on why Hicks is stepping away? I want to start hearing all the rumors, thoughts, conspiracy's. I want to know who signed him to a larger contract. I want to see the best of PDer's on top of this matter! Hick's wouldn't want it any other way!
    Maybe he'll start a Miami board.
    People were asking too much here, like dal7:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    we are not going to get over the top with posters that are just "decent to good" ... we need superstars ... the lakers message board has posters that are "great to excellent" at all kinds of sports PLUS they can rollerblade really well...why isn't Hicks willing to acquire these elite level posters for us to discuss Pacers with?
    i blame dal7.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

I'd just like to say thanks to Hicks for putting so much of his life into this site. I've learned more about basketball here than I probably would have anywhere else short of playing for John Wooden.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

HICKS =

Good luck to you Hicks. I truly hope you'll post from time to time. I valued your insights as well.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I just want to thank you Hicks for doing all of this all of these years. There are few people that would have done everything you did to keep this going and not getting paid for it. When we moved from the RATS boards who knew just how big and grand this family would become. I wish you the best in all you do!

Shade? Crap! Hope you do this better than you do the Wolf game!
    I want to second the bolded part of SycamoreKen's post. I remember posting over at that other site. For those who don't know, it was the most undermoderated place I've think I've seen. When talk started about the idea (just the idea at that point) of another site that would be a better behaved, to put it mildly, place to talk Pacers, it was very exciting. I don't know that anyone knew just what to expect, but I doubt many of us envisioned what this would become.

Just an outstanding job done by Hicks and crew!

Thanks to all, and I'm sure the great traditions of this site, regardless of its name, will continue. Much like the Pacers themselves, continuity is important, and I feel like we will have that.

There will probably be a special segment on Coast-To-Coast AM about all of it.
    Last edited by Tom White; 07-15-2012 at 05:40 PM.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Mood

Despite the fact that I know there will a thread discussing the new name, I feel like I should chime in on the pacersnation idea. Not my favorite. I think it's overdone.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

We're a small market and it was inevitable that Hicks would want to move on to greener pastures. Cap and tax realities were the final nail in the coffin.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Is Hicks leaving because PD wouldn't spend the money to bring in top notch posters?

Could we have shopped Hicks around and at least got a first rounder for him?

Was there a secret cash incentive when we traded Hicks for Shade?

Why did we pick Shade when Perry Jones III was still available?

Was Hicks not restricted, therefore we could have matched?

Was Derek Fisher involved in negotiating for Hicks when it broke down?

Was it too much pressure for Hicks when Frank Vogel called him a BAAAADDD MAN or sad that NO ONE wants to post against HICKS, NO ONE?

Well, I could go on, but I'll just say thanks Hicks, I hope even though you arent' the father of the matrix any longer, you'll still be part of of this.

Side Note: I blame Jim Obrien.

44. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I want to second the bolded part of SycamoreKen's post. I remember posting over at that other site. For those who don't know, it was the most undermoderated place I've think I've seen. When talk started about the idea (just the idea at that point) of another site that would be a better behaved, to put it mildly, place to talk Pacers, it was very exciting. I don't know that anyone knew just what to expect, but I doubt many of us envisioned what this would become.

Just an outstanding job done by Hicks and crew!

Thanks to all, and I'm sure the great traditions of this site, regardless of its name, will continue. Much like the Pacers themselves, continuity is important, and I feel like we will have that.

There will probably be a special segment on Coast-To-Coast AM about all of it.

I would second what you have stated. I am not overly concerned about the name. What is much more important is the way Pacersdigest is moderated and the rules inplace that keep this a pleasant place to go. Also I know no advertising has been seen no this site but I would not be against it to reward the operator of the site. I suspect Hicks might not be leaving if he had been rewarded a little through the past 10 years.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Hicks, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for doing all you have done and Shade, thanks for stepping in.

I lurked for 3+ years before finally posting and am truly grateful for what has been created here.
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way