Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realistic Best+Worst Case Scenarios for New Players

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Realistic Best+Worst Case Scenarios for New Players

Anyway

My best case

DJ- A distributor, and general of the offense. He puts pressure on team's rotations and open up lanes for Green/Tyler/Mahini

Green- Slasher and catch and shooter that Barbosa should have been. More consistent offensive game off the bench than we have ever had since Jalen Rose. Solid defender than pressures and rebounds.

Mahini- I would like for him to be a 25 mpg player who defends well and rebounds great. I could care less if he can hit the open jumper.

Worst case

DJ- Is turnover prone and inefficient from the field. Lazy defender, that fails to put effort in on both sides of the court.

Green- Gets lost defensively on rotations. Becomes a Terrence Williams attitude problem. Chucks up shots and walks back.

Mahini- Too weak to control the block defensively. Doesn't go for the rebound, instead waits for it to come to him. Shrinks when Tyler turns it on (if it ever happens). In capable of a PnR.

DJ Augustine
    Best Case-Travis Best nailing a corner 3 against milwaukee to win a playoff game and save a series.
    Worst Case-Travis Best dribbling out the shot clock and jacking up a desperation horrible shot.

Gerald Green
    Best Case-Gerald Green in 30 games last year.
    Worst Case-Gerald Green every moment prior to the 30 games he played last year.

Ian Mihinmi
    Best Case - Serge Ibaka without the gawdy block numbers.
    Worst Case - Every big man who arrested development in his mid 20s. There is quite a list.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe you can read just about any analysis of Danny Granger and it will say something about his weak defense. He didn't get to play on the World Championship team because Coach K wouldn't tolerate it. He hasn't changed.....
    But he has changed. I am no Granger fan, and even I recognize he stepped up his defense since JOb and the 3 pointer brigade left Indy. Granger is now pretty decent defensively and that's after coming a long way. But sure, there are times when he simply has the E button (i.e. defensive effort) turned off. You can blame that on Jim. Still, he's at least average defensively and probably a little better than average.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But he has changed. I am no Granger fan, and even I recognize he stepped up his defense since JOb and the 3 pointer brigade left Indy. Granger is now pretty decent defensively and that's after coming a long way. But sure, there are times when he simply has the E button (i.e. defensive effort) turned off. You can blame that on Jim. Still, he's at least average defensively and probably a little better than average.
    When Granger is giving 100% effort on defense he is one of the better SF defenders out there (no I am not calling him the best or anywhere near the best). His problem on defense is all about effort.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post: