Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OKC Offers Harden and Ibaka for Dwight

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: OKC Offers Harden and Ibaka for Dwight

I've wondered why both teams just don't do this trade. Trying to guard Durant and Howard at the same time would be next to impossible and then you add in Westbrook...man.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like OKC and I like Dwight Howard. Harden choked against Miami and I think Dwight will be all over the rim. It will be very, very tough to guard Durant, Westbrook and a rested Dwight Howard.
    I liked him until the past two years. Last I heard, he was threatening to sue the Magic for not living up to their promise.

I'm really sick of athletes feeling like they should get their way when it comes to everything. The guy is making 20 million a year?? He should suck it up.

Also, would he play PF or would OKC amnesty Perkins? Westbrook, Thabo, Durant, ????, Howard. Would Collison start? Do they even have another PF?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I've wondered why both teams just don't do this trade. Trying to guard Durant and Howard at the same time would be next to impossible and then you add in Westbrook...man.
    I was kind of hard on Westbrook at times for being a chucker and continuing to shoot even when he's 2 of 15 and finishes 5 of 23. But that one game in the finals, mannnnnn. If he plays like that, he was as good if not better than Durant. He single handedly kept OKC in the game. He was an absolute monster in the game. He scored like 11(?) in a row to get OKC back in the game when it looked over. That was an insane performance.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Also, would he play PF or would OKC amnesty Perkins? Westbrook, Thabo, Durant, ????, Howard. Would Collison start? Do they even have another PF?
    PJ3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Yeah... he was 20 of 32 with 43pts, 7rebs and 5asts. Thunder were down 2-1 in the series and I thought for sure I was witnessing something special. I thought he was going to tie the series and the Thunder would win the series because of his special performance. They didn't win though and the series was over from there.

I take it back though, Thunder were very much in the game. But he did score 11 in a row and he looked magical in that span. He had a special game but it wasn't enough. But then you look at his game logs and there was a game during the season when he was 0 of 13 for instance.

Westbrook has the talent to be every bit as good as Rose. He's just really inconsistent.
    Last edited by TOP; 07-13-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    PJ3
    Is he going to play PF? I read he doesn't like contact and is more of a SF. Obviously he can play PF but... he's still a rookie. I suppose with Westbrook, Thabo, Durant and Howard they can take that hit. I do love both Harden and Ibaka's games though. But yeah, you can't pass on Howard. Unless you just really think his back is that screwed up. The health concerns on PJ3 are obviously pretty worrisome too though considering the year before he was considered a top 5 pick, maybe even top 3. Still wish we had taken him but I'm happy with the moves we made to our bench. I feel like we've upgraded it completely other than the loss of Barbosa.

To be fair, I'm not good on calling injuries. I thought for sure Durant would be injured while Oden would dominate. Boy was that a bad guess. I just remember watching Durant in college and thinking daaaamn, his legs look like pencils and small contact could end him in the NBA. But obviously it hasn't been a problem up until this point. Dude is a monster.
    Last edited by TOP; 07-13-2012 at 10:36 PM.

I heard David Aldridge suggest this trade on NBATV last week... He stated that OKC should step up and offer those two...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I like OKC and I like Dwight Howard. Harden choked against Miami and I think Dwight will be all over the rim. It will be very, very tough to guard Durant, Westbrook and a rested Dwight Howard.

I feel like the same could be said if he ends up on the Nets. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Dwight Howard... that's pretty amazing.

As the OP mentioned, I don't want him in the central(Bulls) and I'd prefer he goes out West to OKC before he joins the Nets. The odds don't favor us but I feel like we could maybe get to the championship somehow, and then lose to OKC haha. Nut if the Nets add Howard... screw it. Heat, Nets(with Howard), Bulls, Knicks(under Woodson)... we're doomed. Also depends how the Hawks look without Joe Johnson and the Sixers look without Brand. They're pretty good too. And Celtics with all their cap space, who knows how they'll end up looking. But yeah, ship Howard out west please.

I know this is going to cause a fire storm but I'm going to throw this out there anyway.

It's a move like this that I was thinking that we were going to try & pull together & in fact I'm not sure that isn't what Bird had in mind. Not just this trade but maybe something along this.

To me it was never about free agency, I thought we were building up assets & cap space to make a major move like Boston did years ago when they brought in Garnett & Allen.

I know Dwight wouldn't want to be here, but then would he really want to be in OKC either? But just humor me for a min. We could have offered Orlando any choice of players and honestly I don't know that they would have gotten much of a better offer than what we could have given them.

We could have started with Roy & then said take your pick you can have either Danny or Paul and then you can have either David or Tyler and then we could have said Darren or George & we could have still thrown in a couple of picks and moved someone for another pick if need be.

That would have given them decent young talent to build with and some draft picks. That would have left us still with (I assume) Danny, Tyler & George to go along with Dwight Howard.

Yea, I think I would take that in a heart beat.

Flaws and all the guy is still a franchise changer.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I know this is going to cause a fire storm but I'm going to throw this out there anyway.

It's a move like this that I was thinking that we were going to try & pull together & in fact I'm not sure that isn't what Bird had in mind. Not just this trade but maybe something along this.

To me it was never about free agency, I thought we were building up assets & cap space to make a major move like Boston did years ago when they brought in Garnett & Allen.

I know Dwight wouldn't want to be here, but then would he really want to be in OKC either? But just humor me for a min. We could have offered Orlando any choice of players and honestly I don't know that they would have gotten much of a better offer than what we could have given them.

We could have started with Roy & then said take your pick you can have either Danny or Paul and then you can have either David or Tyler and then we could have said Darren or George & we could have still thrown in a couple of picks and moved someone for another pick if need be.

That would have given them decent young talent to build with and some draft picks. That would have left us still with (I assume) Danny, Tyler & George to go along with Dwight Howard.

Yeah I wasn't thinking Howard but I was expecting somebody else, maybe somebody like Josh Smith, oh well until next time....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure we could offer that for Dwight. And then be screwed next year when he walks away. I think being able to play with Westbrook and Durant has a good chance at changing his mind while in Indiana, it would just be Orlando 2.0, pieces thrown around him.

And then we lose him the summer after as well as everything we had offered. Remember--Garnett agreed to an extension with Boston pre-trade. Otherwise they never would have pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    And then we lose him the summer after as well as everything we had offered. Remember--Garnett agreed to an extension with Boston pre-trade. Otherwise they never would have pulled the trigger.
    I used Dwight & still think that would have been a great deal for Orlando but IMO it's the kind of trade I was looking for not necessarily that exact trade.

In all honesty I think if you could have gotten in a little earlier you may very well have been able to get John Wall but that was before they made their trade. Not that I would really want him but Kevin Love has let it be known he patience is growing thin with the losing.

Again don’t get hung up on the who for my trades, I’m just really talking more in general that I want to get an A list player or a player who could be A list from several of our upper B list guys.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Yeah... he was 20 of 32 with 43pts, 7rebs and 5asts. Thunder were down 2-1 in the series and I thought for sure I was witnessing something special. I thought he was going to tie the series and the Thunder would win the series because of his special performance. They didn't win though and the series was over from there.

I take it back though, Thunder were very much in the game. But he did score 11 in a row and he looked magical in that span. He had a special game but it wasn't enough. But then you look at his game logs and there was a game during the season when he was 0 of 13 for instance.

Westbrook has the talent to be every bit as good as Rose. He's just really inconsistent.
    That was the single best performance by a player in a Finals game on a losing team since Isiah Thomas, Game 6 of the 1988 NBA Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    I would send Howard to Charlotte for next to nothing just to make him miserable.
    Yes. Send him with a couple of shabby contracts in exchange for some picks and just rebuild.

That is the direction I would like to see the team go at this point, but I don't believe it's been their plan. IMO, if the thinking had been to do this they should have been more aggressive in the draft. Like the Boston trade, these type of trades usually net the other team some "potential". That's the way they can sell it to their fan base. Getting 2-3 average NBA players isn't going to interest most teams. Drafting guys like Hansbrough and Plumlee that are older and that are perceived to have low ceilings doesn't help the cause. Guys with "potential" have a higher trade value and, most importantly, that value doesn't decline as quickly - even if they haven't shown anything yet. Tyler has shown he can at least play in the NBA - not great, but at times he can contribute. Lance hasn't shown **** on an actual NBA court - just played well in summer league. Who do you think has more trade value at this moment? My money is on Lance.
    Last edited by rm1369; 07-14-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Wow, that would be a fantastic trade for both teams.

It won't happen, though. Dwight wants to play in a large market.

...if that were true, he would have been a laker last season. He just wanted to play in Brooklyn.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ...if that were true, he would have been a laker last season. He just wanted to play in Brooklyn.
    Brooklyn is his preferred destination, but if that doesn't come to pass, he'll likely still opt for a large market over OKC.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Brooklyn is his preferred destination, but if that doesn't come to pass, he'll likely still opt for a large market over OKC.
    This is what makes me hate Howard. He is so full of himself. I mean, at least Lebron wasn't turned off by a small market in Miami.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

He's not a free agent. If they trade im to OKC, he's going OKC.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

He's not a free agent. If they trade im to OKC, he's going OKC.
    ...for one season.

...at which time he will be under immense pressure to stick around. His image and marketability will take an even bigger hit if he runs away from Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

...at which time he will be under immense pressure to stick around. His image and marketability will take an even bigger hit if he runs away from Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
    His image has already taken a beating. His marketability will still be very high.

Did he say he wouldn't go to OKC? He might just be more adamant they don't stick him in Minnesota or Charlotte.

Edit: I understand he said Brooklyn or Unrestricted next year...but I'm just not sure OKC and their situation was even raised with him.