Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

Pessimism is not welcome!
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WE lost 3 out of the last 4 games we played against the Knicks/Nets.
    But also ended the season with the 5th most wins in the league. Every good team has bad losses during the season and those 3 are in the top 5
    Last edited by ReginaldWayne; 07-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.

RLeWorm

The Heat is the only contender in the East.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the bench truly is upgraded significantly, then we have a chance to beat Miami. In the Heat series, West and Hibbert weren't effective playing over 40 minutes. If we can keep our bigs fresh, then Miami could have problems
    David "And One" West

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    If the bench truly is upgraded significantly, then we have a chance to beat Miami. In the Heat series, West and Hibbert weren't effective playing over 40 minutes. If we can keep our bigs fresh, then Miami could have problems
    Yeah, they will have Bosh this time and Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. Miami in four games.......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    The Heat is the only contender in the East.
    With Rose being out, this is true. With Rose, it might still be true......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Pessimism is not welcome!
    You mistake realism for pessimism. There is a difference....... I think unrealistic exuberance is not welcome but it is here and I like to see fans excited even if they are in outer space.....

Mood

You know what I expect? I expect teams to pick'n'roll Hibbert and the Pacers to death until they prove they can do anything at all to slow it down. And based on what I saw, Im not sure they will be able to slow it down.
    They could start by not asking Roy to hedge anymore and just let him sag to protect against drives to the hoop. Baffled me that we kept asking him to come out like that. Especially against Miami. Just own the paint and let them try to beat us from the outside, IMO.

When Miles or Ian are in, then maybe go back to hedging.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Man alot of you folks really doubt our team just because they dont' have big names. We had the best starting 5 in the entire playoffs last year. Like a +79 or something, there was an article about it on here. We are going to be good this year, really really good. I'm glad I bought another 1/2 season ticket package.
    Agreed. This week I'm going to become a full STH again after a two year hiatus, and I'm pumped.

Late to the Party but, My East Standings are as Follows.

1.Heat (Top talent)
    2.Celtics (Older but still hungry,Terry was the best possible replacement for Ray, they've got bigs now Sullenger/Melo)
    3.Pacers (Continuity, the addition of young hungry players like Augustin and Green energizes the bench play.)
    4.Sixers (Continuity, Young legs, confidence from last years run.)
    5.Nets (Motivated D-Will, Good surrounding talent, the excitement of a new team/arena)
    6.Bulls (No Rose hurts but there is still continuity, Hope for Rose to return sooner than expected.)
    7.Knicks (Amazing talent, Is Kidd enough to cure dysfunction?)
    8.Hawks (Horford returns, Will they Trade Josh Smith?)

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Late to the Party but, My East Standings are as Follows.

1.Heat (Top talent)
    2.Celtics (Older but still hungry,Terry was the best possible replacement for Ray, they've got bigs now Sullenger/Melo)
    3.Pacers (Continuity, the addition of young hungry players like Augustin and Green energizes the bench play.)
    4.Sixers (Continuity, Young legs, confidence from last years run.)
    5.Nets (Motivated D-Will, Good surrounding talent, the excitement of a new team/arena)
    6.Bulls (No Rose hurts but there is still continuity, Hope for Rose to return sooner than expected.)
    7.Knicks (Amazing talent, Is Kidd enough to cure dysfunction?)
    8.Hawks (Horford returns, Will they Trade Josh Smith?)
    The Hawks have dismantled that team. I look for the Wiz or the Cavs to move into the eighth spot. I have the Pacers lower but you have some nice reasoning for your picks and you could very well be pretty close. I too think that Boston got better. Not enough better to beat the Heat but enough to stay ahead of the Pacers......

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    The Hawks have dismantled that team. I look for the Wiz or the Cavs to move into the eighth spot. I have the Pacers lower but you have some nice reasoning for your picks and you could very well be pretty close. I too think that Boston got better. Not enough better to beat the Heat but enough to stay ahead of the Pacers......
    Actually I had the Wiz at 8 but chickened out and threw the Hawks in instead. Cleveland is a really good sleeper team. Verajao healthy, Kyrie is a star, Byron Scott coaching. My biggest question mark about the Cavs is, is Waiters the 2nd coming of D.Wade? I think he is, but as a Pacers fan I hope not.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atlanta should be a very interesting team to watch this year given all the changes theyre making.

Heat and Pacers are at the top. Then Brooklyn and Boston. If the Knicks keep Lin, then they would be on the same level. I am still convinced the Pacers have a chance to beat the Heat this year. We have six key contributors who SHOULD(keyword there) get better. Where as most of the Heat are known commodities either on the way down(Ray Allen and Dwayne Wade. Wade because of his health) or unlikely to get much better(Lebron and Bosh, lets both amazing players, but how much more room to grow do they have)

As we have seen the Heat seem to take the regular season lightly. We really need to take advantage of that and try to have a better record to have homecourt.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Heat and Pacers are at the top. Then Brooklyn and Boston. If the Knicks keep Lin, then they would be on the same level. I am still convinced the Pacers have a chance to beat the Heat this year. We have six key contributors who SHOULD(keyword there) get better. Where as most of the Heat are known commodities either on the way down(Ray Allen and Dwayne Wade. Wade because of his health) or unlikely to get much better(Lebron and Bosh, lets both amazing players, but how much more room to grow do they have)

As we have seen the Heat seem to take the regular season lightly. We really need to take advantage of that and try to have a better record to have homecourt.
    I am still waiting for an apology for you making fun of my claim that a member of the FO said the Pacers overperformed last year. Another poster came in and confirmed it........

I am still waiting for an apology for you making fun of my claim that a member of the FO said the Pacers overperformed last year. Another poster came in and confirmed it........
    ITT Expressing doubt = Making fun of

1. Miami
    2. Indiana
    3. Brooklyn
    4. Boston
    5. New York
    6. Atlanta
    7. Philadelphia
    8. Toronto

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Nets
    4. Celtics
    5. everyone else

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    They could start by not asking Roy to hedge anymore and just let him sag to protect against drives to the hoop. Baffled me that we kept asking him to come out like that. Especially against Miami. Just own the paint and let them try to beat us from the outside, IMO.

When Miles or Ian are in, then maybe go back to hedging.
    Frank had to see that it was an issue against Miami, hopefully with time to actually implement his schemes more he'll adjust for it, most of our moves from now on should be focused on giving us the best chance agaisnt Miami, I like our team against the other Eastern competition, at least so far as to say we have an excellent shot against any of them

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Frank had to see that it was an issue against Miami, hopefully with time to actually implement his schemes more he'll adjust for it, most of our moves from now on should be focused on giving us the best chance agaisnt Miami, I like our team against the other Eastern competition, at least so far as to say we have an excellent shot against any of them
    He couldve seen it all thru the regular season. And then in the Orlando series as well....

Mood

He couldve seen it all thru the regular season. And then in the Orlando series as well....
    I believe the reason he started it in the first place was to compensate for Collison's inability to keep his man in front of him on PnR's, and then was reluctant to change it once the point guard change was made so late in the season, since the Pacers were winning at such a high rate, and coaches don't like to change things that are working, and making big adjustments in the middle of a playoff series can backfire, though I too believe he should have changed it up then. hopefully with Hill starting from the very beginning of the year he won't see that tactic as necessary from the start, but we'll have to wait and find out.

Brains of the Operation.

Wink Re: Eastern Conference preview

The Celtics improved a lot. Replacing Allen with Terry is a very good move and it will make them better. Chicago will be good with or without Rose. Philly may not be done yet... I think we are the fifth or sixth best team in the East. We could finish higher or lower. A major injury is a major problem with this team.
    Are you sure?
    Last edited by littlerichard54; 07-15-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: To indicate nature as human

24. The Following User Says Thank You to littlerichard54 For This Useful Post:

There is a BIG BIG difference in "overperforming" to one's expectations and "overperforming" above one's overall talent...

And I would pretty much bet the farm this supposed FO member was talking about the former not the latter... in which you seem to allude the latter and/or both ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post

Meh...I think it all begins and ends with a (very) good point guard (which we still don't have). Hill shouldn't be our starting PG and I feel like we will be looking for a new one every coming offseason. Sounds familiar, huh?
    Adding Mahinmi and Augustin helps, but I doubt that it's gonna lead us past the Heat.
    Thank you Jeff.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    There is a BIG BIG difference in "overperforming" to one's expectations and "overperforming" above one's overall talent...

And I would pretty much bet the farm this supposed FO member was talking about the former not the latter... in which you seem to allude the latter and/or both ..
    I don't recall if he indicated either... I think he just said "overperforming" and left it to figure out. I think it was the later but I can't tell you that for sure.