Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81

Thread: Eastern Conference preview

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Eastern Conference preview

    Yes its a little early to start a preview of the upcoming nba season.. but the FA signings are complete and there are likely to be additional moves (Howard) however overall we have a good idea what the eastern conference will look like.

    Contenders:

    Miami, Boston, Brooklyn, NY, Indiana, Philly, Chicago?

    Playoff teams:
    Milwaukee, Toronto


    I can see right now the East going to be a very tough conference to win nextyear. Miami is a given, but it sucks they got stronger w Allen and Lewis.

    Boston has another shot and the solid draft picks for them will help keep KG fresh for the postseason.

    Brooklyn and NY basically the same team.

    Indiana I believe will win 50 and can challenge any of the teams if they play the best basketball they can play. I hope Hibbert is ready for the expectations he will have this season and going forward. I expect an all-star season from 55 and nothing less. pg24 also needs to take strides forward this year if this team will have any hope at defeating any of the contenders mentioned above. I am also confident West is goint to have a very solid year as well.. this might be his last season here so I am going to appreciate what he brings to this team even moreso. I hope Granger has the best season of his career this year.. and he really should, not talking about just offense or points, but overall. Most of all this will also be a big year for Frank V.. full training camp and a year under his belt with this team.




    How do you all see the East seedings unfolding.



    1 heat
    2 brooklyn
    3 boston
    4 pacers
    5 knicks
    6 philly

    and if the bulls have rose back for the playoffs, they are right there with boston and the nets.

    damn the eastern conference is stacked. the nba is a joke to me w these superteams.. but what sucks most is it seems to be making the nba more popular. maybe im wrong .. if my team had no chance like hell over half the eastern conference right now.. i doubt i would really care to watch.

    nba overall is kinda crooked. anyways. let me know what you preview for the EC.

    heat repeat ...... repeat repeat repeat might get real tiresome sooon.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    i still don't think brooklyn is good enough for top 2... boston meh no way top 3. I can surely say this... i hope Dwight goes out west bc Hibbert will absolutely dominate...

  3. #3
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    23
    Posts
    585

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    by 'contenders', do you mean championship contenders? because i'd say only two teams up there are capable of winning it all (not counting the bulls). i'd say pacers are ahead of boston for the 3 seed. and what about 7th and 8th seeds?

  4. #4
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    by 'contenders', do you mean championship contenders? because i'd say only two teams up there are capable of winning it all (not counting the bulls). i'd say pacers are ahead of boston for the 3 seed. and what about 7th and 8th seeds?
    contender meaning championship is the teams realistic goal. obviously the heat are the favorites.. but teams i guess with even an outside chance of winning a championship. cavs for example or detroit are teams that realisticallyhave no hope this upcoming season.

    therefore, only the relevant teams.. its kinda how i see the nba now. only 7-8 relevant teams.

  5. #5
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,322

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Miami are the only true contenders in the east right now imo
    Knicks/Nets could be, depends on chemistry and stuff like that
    We won't be contenders, Philly won't, Bulls probably not depends on Rose, and since the Celtics didn't really improve I'd say they won't be contenders either
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miami are the only true contenders in the east right now imo
    Knicks/Nets could be, depends on chemistry and stuff like that
    We won't be contenders, Philly won't, Bulls probably not depends on Rose, and since the Celtics didn't really improve I'd say they won't be contenders either
    The Celtics improved a lot. Replacing Allen with Terry is a very good move and it will make them better. Chicago will be good with or without Rose. Philly may not be done yet... I think we are the fifth or sixth best team in the East. We could finish higher or lower. A major injury is a major problem with this team.

  7. #7
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Celtics improved a lot. Replacing Allen with Terry is a very good move and it will make them better. Chicago will be good with or without Rose. Philly may not be done yet... I think we are the fifth or sixth best team in the East. We could finish higher or lower. A major injury is a major problem with this team.
    a major injury is a major problem with every team. hence why the #1 seed chicago bulls lost in the first round against the Sixers.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    Brains of the Operation.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    On the Westside
    Posts
    152

    Wink Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Celtics improved a lot. Replacing Allen with Terry is a very good move and it will make them better. Chicago will be good with or without Rose. Philly may not be done yet... I think we are the fifth or sixth best team in the East. We could finish higher or lower. A major injury is a major problem with this team.
    Are you sure?
    Last edited by littlerichard54; 07-15-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: To indicate nature as human

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to littlerichard54 For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by littlerichard54 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sure?
    All of this is opinion, speculation and an educated guess. I think they will come down a notch but they performed much better last year than I anticipated......

  12. #10
    Member Jose31917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    115

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    My prediction on the East....

    1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Knicks
    4. Nets
    5. Celtics
    6. Bulls
    7. Sixers
    8. Bucks/Hawks?

    Heat is obvious, but I really believe we are the next biggest contender. We have kept our starting 5 intact, and one more year together will only improve the chemistry between them. We have also improved our bench with DJ and Greene.

    Same thing applies to Knicks I believe they pretty much have the same roster and now with a coach that they don't despise?

    Nets, though they may have a stacked starting 5 I don't think they will be top three and may actually fall to the 5th seed with Celtics taking the 4th. No chemistry really... no bench... Lopez coming off injury as well.

    Celtics losing Allen but adding Terry still makes them dangerous especially with Rondo at the point.

    Bulls... All depends on Rose's health.

    Sixers, I think will be the same as last year but with a more improved Jrue and Turner.

    8th seed.... who knows?

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jose31917 For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    We have to be the favorites to win the central. Chicago wont have Rose and lost a lot of depth. 82 games without Rose is much different than 27 games without Rose. Miami of course is at the top. Brooklyn moves up a lot. The Knicks will be better too. Boston will be worse. Losing Bradley hurts more than losing Allen. Jason Terry is good, but he can't replace both. I have doubts about Garnett being able to hold up at center for 82 games as well. I see Miami as the clear favorite with Indiana/Brooklyn/NYK after them.

    Orlando is a mess. Philly won't make much noise, but will be good. Chicago will be good enough to be in the playoffs, but not towards the top. I see us falling between the 2 and 4 seed, will be a close battle with Brooklyn and New York IMO.

  15. #12

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Heat
    Pacers
    Celtics
    Nets
    Knicks
    Bulls
    Sixers
    ?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  16. #13
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Heat
    Pacers
    Celtics
    Nets
    Knicks
    Hawks
    Bulls
    Sixers/Bucks/Magic/Wizards for the 8th
    Last edited by Steagles; 07-14-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #14

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Celtics
    4. Nets
    5. Knicks
    6. Bulls
    7. Hawks
    8. Wizards or Bucks

  18. #15
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Celtics
    4. Nets
    5. Knicks
    6. Bulls
    7. Hawks
    8. Wizards or Bucks
    The Wizards intrigue me. John Wall will be going into year 3, they got Nene last season. They brought in Okafor and Ariza this offseason too. They played us tough at the end of last season and that wasn't us just playing bad. The Nene trade made them better. I think they can definitely compete for the 8th spot.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Celtics
    4. Nets
    5. Knicks
    6. Bulls
    7. Hawks
    8. Wizards or Bucks
    1. Heat
    2. Bulls
    3. Boston
    4. Brooklyn
    5. Knicks
    6. Pacers
    7. Sixers
    8. A race with everyone else for this position but I think the Wizards have a chance to be much better and take this spot.
    Last edited by OlBlu; 07-14-2012 at 09:16 AM.

  21. #17
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,782

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Heat
    2. Bulls
    3. Boston
    4. Brooklyn
    5. Knicks
    6. Pacers
    7. Sixers
    8. A race with everyone else for this position but I think the Wizards have a chance to be much better and take this spot.
    I started to ridicule Chicago at #2, but Tibbs is one heck of a coach. I still don't think they'll finish ahead of us if Rose is out most of the year, but they won't go from first to worst either. We took our biggest hit from a shaky bench, and I think TPTB did an excellent job strengthening the reserves, so hopefully that translates into a top 4 finish.
    Last edited by NapTonius Monk; 07-16-2012 at 04:26 PM.

  22. #18

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I started to ridicule Chicago at #2, but Tibbs is one heck of a coach. I still don't think they'll finish ahead of us if Rose is out most of the year, but they won't go from first to worst either.
    They did lose alot of their depth this offseason though. And off the top of my head I can't think of a single free agent they have gotten

  23. #19
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    I think its the Heat and Pacers at the top of the heap. Miami will still finish 1st in the East, but the Pacers will challenge them for the #1 spot. Miami undeniably has the talent, but they actually got much older this offseson. They signed 2 players who are in the twilight of their careers. Don't they still have to sign Chalmers? Infact pretty much every team who is considered a contender got alot older this off Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Joe Johnson, Crash....while the Pacers got young talent entering their primes all while solidifying the bench. I'm not sure where our scoring is going to come from in the front court off the bench, but we got really good from the wing position.

    Pacers are bigger, stronger, and longer than pretty much any team in the East. We will probalby lead the East in rebounding this year, and be a top 5 defense.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  25. #20

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think its the Heat and Pacers at the top of the heap. Miami will still finish 1st in the East, but the Pacers will challenge them for the #1 spot. Miami undeniably has the talent, but they actually got much older this offseson. They signed 2 players who are in the twilight of their careers. Don't they still have to sign Chalmers?
    They extended Chalmers last summer, but I agree with what you're saying. Especially with LeBron playing Hercules for 25 play off games last year, along with playing in the Olympics, I could see him coasting a little during the season. Bosh and Wade will both be coming off surgery and none of the role players can win a game by themselves.

    I truthfully would not be surprised to see the Pacers end up with the best record in the East next year. Of course I'd still take Miami in a playoff series.

  26. #21
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Pacers will probably be 2nd seed in the East this season, were improved from last year, will get our first training camp with Vogel, and haven't been surpassed imo, by any of the teams behind us.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  28. #22
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,717
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    1. Miama
    2. Indiana
    3. Boston
    4. Brooklyn
    5. Knicks
    6. Dallas
    7. Chicago
    8. Is a toss up.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  29. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,200

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    The difference between Miami and everyone else in the East is as wide as the difference between Anthony Davis and everyone else in the 2012 NBA draft.

    Keep in mind too that if no one picks up Brendan Haywood in the amnesty auction, he may very well sign with Miami.

  30. #24
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,696

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference between Miami and everyone else in the East is as wide as the difference between Anthony Davis and everyone else in the 2012 NBA draft.

    Keep in mind too that if no one picks up Brendan Haywood in the amnesty auction, he may very well sign with Miami.



    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  31. #25
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eastern Conference preview

    Hmmmm....Its looking like theres gonna be quite a few people pretty disappointed next season. I dearly hope that all of you picking the P's to finish between 2 and 4 are right. But barring some significant catastrophes it really just seems highly unlikely. Miami, Brooklyn, Boston, Chicago and New York are all likely to finish ahead of us. I think 4 would be the absolute best possible finish and likely they finish between 5 to 7.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. ESPN: Eastern Conference Preview
    By docpaul in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 06:26 PM
  2. Vescey on NBATV eastern conference preview
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 10:12 PM
  3. Eastern Conference to Surpass the Western Conference?
    By Deadshot in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 08:52 PM
  4. The Sports Guy's Eastern Conference Preview
    By Zesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 08:14 PM
  5. Indystar - Eastern Conference preview
    By Mourning in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 08:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •