Thread: Stat Leaders in 2012-2013??

Default Stat Leaders in 2012-2013??

I know, kind of a pointless thread but I am bored and want to know what you think.

APG- 1. George Hill 2. D.J. Augustin
    PPG- 1. Danny Granger 2. Paul George
    RPG- 1. Roy Hibbert 2. David West

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Stat Leaders in 2012-2013??

the PPG category can really be a toss-up between Roy, Paul, and Danny

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

George Hill 3.3
    DJ Augustin 5.1

Danny Granger 20.4
    Paul George 14.2

Roy Hibbert 9.3
    David West 6.8

Exactly, mark it down

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

In my dream world I'm hoping Paul George and Roy Hibbert emerge as our leading scorers while Danny and West keep up the same consistent flow despite lower numbers.

I think Danny is still our leading scorer, Roy in rebounding and DJ in assist.

If Danny is our leading scorer, this team will yet again bow out in no better than the 2nd round.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Danny is our leading scorer, this team will yet again bow out in no better than the 2nd round.
    Not sure that is fair, I think that we can maximize our talent by having balanced scoring. If Danny is 18-19, Roy is 14-15 Paul is 14-15 and west is 12-14. I think we've got as good a chance as any we would have had Danny just needs to be as efficient all year and in the playoffs as he was post-ASB last season.

Also if we get the 2nd seed, courtesy of winning the Central (we're favorites) and beating out the atlantic in the regular season we wouldn't have to face the heat until the ECF, unless you don't think we stand a chance against a year older boston or New York/ brooklyn if Danny is our leading scorer?

As for the thread

PPG:

Granger 17-19
    George 14-15
    Hibbert 14-15 ( I think getting Hibbert the ball in the post will be a top priority for Vogel and the coaching staff during their first training camp, and i'm certain Hibbert can get this many ppg if that happens and he plays 32 mpg or so)
    Hill- 11ish
    West 12ish
    Augustin 9-10
    Green 9-10
    Mahinmi 5-6

I think Tyler will be gone, and if George really breaks out it could lower Danny's a point or two and a add a few to George's, likewise if Danny is as efficient as he was during the post-asb period last year he could average up to 20+.

Rebounding

Hibbert 9-10
    West-7-8
    George 5-7
    Danny 4-6
    Mahinmi 6-7
    Hill 3-4

Assists

Hill 4-6
    Augustin 4-6
    Hibbert 1.5-2.5
    West 1-2
    Danny 2-2.5
    George 3-4

Blocks-

Hibbert 2-2.5
    Granger- 1-1.5
    George 1ish
    West 1ish

Steals-

George 2ish
    Granger 1-1.5
    Hill 1ish
    Green 1ish

Fg%

Mahinmi- 56%
    Hibbert 50-52%
    West 47%
    George 46%
    Granger- 43-44%
    Hill- 45%
    Augustin- 42%
    Green 46%

3pt FG%

Granger- 38-40%
    George 37-38%
    Hill 36-38%
    Augustin- 38-40%
    Last edited by daschysta; 07-15-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Not sure that is fair, I think that we can maximize our talent by having balanced scoring. If Danny is 18-19, Roy is 14-15 Paul is 14-15 and west is 12-14. I think we've got as good a chance as any we would have had Danny just needs to be as efficient all year and in the playoffs as he was post-ASB last season.

Also if we get the 2nd seed, courtesy of winning the Central (we're favorites) and beating out the atlantic in the regular season we wouldn't have to face the heat until the ECF, unless you don't think we stand a chance against a year older boston or New York/ brooklyn if Danny is our leading scorer?
    Post ASB for about a 15 game stretch, only to return to his 39% shooting ways in the postseason. If Danny Granger is a team's leading scorer, they will never contend. The man just isn't efficient enough to be jacking up the amount of shots he does. For example, only TWICE in Reggie's career did he average more than 15fga/gm. Only TWICE in Danny's career has he averaged LESS than 15fga/gm. And Danny isn't close to the same level of shooter. I'm perfectly fine with a balanced attack of 5 or 6 players in double figures. But Danny as the #1 scoring option is not a recipe for success, and it hasn't been for 7 years.

I don't see Hill leading the team in assists since he's not exactly a point guard. Augustin will likely take that stat. And hopefully Hibbert continues to own the glass with George and West stepping up their game in that regard as well.

Mood

Post ASB for about a 15 game stretch, only to return to his 39% shooting ways in the postseason. If Danny Granger is a team's leading scorer, they will never contend. The man just isn't efficient enough to be jacking up the amount of shots he does. For example, only TWICE in Reggie's career did he average more than 15fga/gm. Only TWICE in Danny's career has he averaged LESS than 15fga/gm. And Danny isn't close to the same level of shooter. I'm perfectly fine with a balanced attack of 5 or 6 players in double figures. But Danny as the #1 scoring option is not a recipe for success, and it hasn't been for 7 years.

I don't see Hill leading the team in assists since he's not exactly a point guard. Augustin will likely take that stat. And hopefully Hibbert continues to own the glass with George and West stepping up their game in that regard as well.
    I agree that George or Hibbert will have to make a big offensive leap to take out Miami, I am just contending with the 2nd round part, 2nd seed is a real possibility, and I think we have a chance to beat anyone but Miami in a 7 game series in the east, meaning that with the 2nd seed I like our chances at the conference finals, even with Granger as our top scorer, and post ASB was 31 games at .450 from the field .41 from 3 and .9 from the line, that is incredibly efficient and a signifcantly larger sample size than your assertion. I'm of the mind that Granger was tweaked more than he let on after getting injured in Philly, he didn't play the same after that, but that is neither here nor there, as long as he doesn't play AWFULLY for the first half of the season and plays closer to his part 2 form he'll be a fine 1st option for a team that is as balanced as ours, whether that will be enough in the coming years, we'll have to see, i'm inclined to say no, if it is against Miami, against anyone else though, we have a healthy shot, and will have to hope that eventually either Roy or Paul turn out to be a better first option on offense, which is more than alot of teams can say.

As for assists I think Hill and Augustin will be close, as a starter Hill averaged 5.3 assists, I think he'll come close to averaging that next season, Augustin is a better passer, but will play less minutes than Hill likely, but still, it will be close imo.
    Last edited by daschysta; 07-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    I agree that George or Hibbert will have to make a big offensive leap to take out Miami, I am just contending with the 2nd round part, 2nd seed is a real possibility, and I think we have a chance to beat anyone but Miami in a 7 game series in the east, even with Granger as our top scorer, and post ASB was 31 games at .450 from the field .41 from 3 and .9 from the line, that is incredibly efficient and a signifcantly larger sample size than your assertion.
    But even with that stretch, he was among the league's worst shooters last year. And his efficiency continues to decline as the years go by. All I care about is a title, and it's not happening with Granger taking the amount of shots he does, largely because he's the least likely player on our team to make a shot given his %s. Why would any team want their worst shooter taking the majority of the shots? That's just dumb basketball.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling some of you are underestimating David West. Should be completely recovered from his surgery, in top shape, no condensed schedule, no viable backup, and in a contract year.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think Granger's role will have to be slightly reduced too, but he wasn't among the leagues worst shooters last season, despite the disastrous start he still had a TS% of .542, and I seriously doubt he starts next year off shooting mid 30's% anyhow, it was an aberration in his career, if it happens again we can talk, but he recovered in a big way, and was one of the leagues best shooters for the second half of last season.

Well congrats to Granger... He ranked 115th in the league in TS%, 97th out of 113 qualified players in FG%, and 285th including all players in FG% without qualifications.

APG- 1. D.J. Augustin 2. George Hill
    PPG- 1. Danny Granger 2. Roy Hibbert 3. Paul George (tough to predict)
    RPG- 1. Roy Hibbert 2. David West

But even with that stretch, he was among the league's worst shooters last year. And his efficiency continues to decline as the years go by. All I care about is a title, and it's not happening with Granger taking the amount of shots he does, largely because he's the least likely player on our team to make a shot given his %s. Why would any team want their worst shooter taking the majority of the shots? That's just dumb basketball.
    I can tell you don't like Granger that much, but to call him our worst shooter????? He is our BEST shooter. George really struggled at the end of the year, Hill is inconsistent. Granger is by far our best shooter, but he does shoot too much

George will be the leading scorer. It's his time.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    I can tell you don't like Granger that much, but to call him our worst shooter????? He is our BEST shooter. George really struggled at the end of the year, Hill is inconsistent. Granger is by far our best shooter, but he does shoot too much
    Defend your statement, because the facts sure as hell don't.

Mood

I expect Hill to be a lot more aggressive next year, I could see 15 points 6 ast from him next year.
    Why so SERIOUS

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    I have a feeling some of you are underestimating David West. Should be completely recovered from his surgery, in top shape, no condensed schedule, no viable backup, and in a contract year.
    We're agreeing a lot lately, it seems

I think Granger and West could be 1A and 1B in scoring this year. Hibbert's probably next. I think Roy will be tempted to take more shots this year (in order to "live up" to his new contract) but I'd be happy enough if concentrates on rebounding and blocked shots. And passing of course.

I'm surprised that people think Paul George will be a big scoring option. He strikes me as a Iggy type player, able to contribute at everything, but isn't a big scorer per se. Come to think of it, the same description probably applies to George Hill too, but at a lesser level.

Like a lot of other people, I also think Hibbert will lead the team in rebounding and Augustin in assists.

Granger - 18ppg, 45% (40% from 3)
    Hill - 14ppg 5dimes
    PG - 14ppg, 2steals
    Hibbs 14ppg
    West - 14ppg

Bench:
    DJ - 10ppg, 5dimes
    Lance - 8ppg, 3dimes
    Green - 10ppg

Pacers will average more than 100points/gm
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 07-16-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Granger - 18ppg, 45% (40% from 3)
    Hill - 14ppg 5dimes
    PG - 14ppg, 2steals
    Hibbs 14ppg
    West - 14ppg

Bench:
    DJ - 10ppg, 5dimes
    Lance - 8ppg, 3dimes
    Green - 10ppg

Pacers will average more than 100points/gm
    Lol close to 110-112 in this case, when you include the back up C and PF
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo

I don't think Hibbert can be our leading scorer. He didn't shoot over 50% yet in a full season. He's young and improving but I don't see him turning into a big time scorer.
    Granger will probably be our leading scorer unless he declines even further. George has a chance of being the leading scorer if we use him more often, but he needs to improve his game for that. West might be our leading scorer, but he needs a good point guard to score, he's good at getting position but doesn't get the ball in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Lol close to 110-112 in this case, when you include the back up C and PF
    It's difficult trying to pin an avg point total. We have so many guys that can score on a given night. Much harder to predict that most teams I bet.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

PPG: Granger 17
    West 17
    Hill 14
    George 14
    Roy 13

APG: DJ 7
    Hill 4

RPG: Roy 10
    West 7
    Ian 7

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I don't think Hibbert can be our leading scorer. He didn't shoot over 50% yet in a full season. He's young and improving but I don't see him turning into a big time scorer.
    Granger will probably be our leading scorer unless he declines even further. George has a chance of being the leading scorer if we use him more often, but he needs to improve his game for that. West might be our leading scorer, but he needs a good point guard to score, he's good at getting position but doesn't get the ball in time.
    I think the odds of Hibbert being the leading scorer is a lot better than the odds of George being the leading scorer.

Both are good players. But in neither case is scoring the reason why. If Granger is on this team, he'll be the leading scorer.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson