Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most of these Pacers fans are unbelievable........

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Most of these Pacers fans are unbelievable........

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bingo...we have a winner.

And lets be real. This has come down to creating a lot of pizazze over marginally upgrading the bench...i mean cmon. But those were evidently the marching orders to Walsh from Simon...dont break the bank.
    Don't break the bank as in hit the luxury tax sure, you'd have to be foolish to want to pay that in Indiana. (Billionares don't get rich by blowing their money) He's spent tons of money so far in free-agency, and no D Will, Nash, or Eric Gordon weren't coming to Indiana. (New Orleans didn't even consider a S&T) It would be idiotic to deal for Dwight Howard to have 1 year with a mostly destroyed roster, and there's no other stars available. I really don't know what people want the team to do really.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    We could have offered a sign and trade for Gordon but we don't have any players NOH would have wanted and I am glad about that.....
    Who knows for sure...A couple first rounders, David West, Lance and maybe collison? who knows...probably not...but you never know.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Don't break the bank as in hit the luxury tax sure, you'd have to be foolish to want to pay that in Indiana. (Billionares don't get rich by blowing their money) He's spent tons of money so far in free-agency, and no D Will, Nash, or Eric Gordon weren't coming to Indiana. (New Orleans didn't even consider a S&T) It would be idiotic to deal for Dwight Howard to have 1 year with a mostly destroyed roster, and there's no other stars available. I really don't know what people want the team to do really.
    They couldve spent more money and not been in the LT. Scola could have been obtained without going into the LT. Considering West is a free agent at the end of the year and Scola would be around for 3 more at about 4 million per...well....

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

They couldve spent more money and not been in the LT. Scola could have been obtained without going into the LT. Considering West is a free agent at the end of the year and Scola would be around for 3 more at about 4 million per...well....
    They still could get in the Scola sweepstakes if he passes the amnesty waiver which he might since it's a 3 year commitment.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    They still could get in the Scola sweepstakes if he passes the amnesty waiver which he might since it's a 3 year commitment.
    Well I would say that is an impossibility....First, he wouldve have to choose to come here...secondly, if the Pacers werent willing to spend the small amount of money to get him via the amnesty waiver program, why would they be willing to spend more money if he becomes an UFA?

That being said...it seems unlikely noone would take advantage of the bargain of claiming him now...

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who knows for sure...A couple first rounders, David West, Lance and maybe collison? who knows...probably not...but you never know.
    Lance and Collison? Ha, ha...... I love a guy with a sense of humor. They would not have taken Granger, George and DC.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We could have offered a sign and trade for Gordon but we don't have any players NOH would have wanted and I am glad about that.....
    I think they would have given serious consideration to PG and a pick for EJ. Not saying I would do that necessarily, but it's ridiculous to think we don't have any assets to bring in a top tier player. Just have to be willing to take the risk.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I think they would have given serious consideration to PG and a pick for EJ. Not saying I would do that necessarily, but it's ridiculous to think we don't have any assets to bring in a top tier player. Just have to be willing to take the risk.
    If they took a pick (likely in the mid 20 range) and PG for Gordon, their management needs a checkup from the neck up. I don't want him because of the injury problems and the fact that he played for IU but he is a star. PG is not, yet. They might take Hibbert and a pick but I doubt it. I think it would take a very big package to land him and I'm not sure that we have that package. Houston does have a package but they are trying to land Howard with it.......

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    Augustingrangerhill, what bothers me the most is not the fact that we've completely struck out on free agency, cuz we've done well, overall... We are better for sure. But when we had an opportunity to make a Championship caliber move, we chickened out... Hansbroughs and Brand salaries this year are damned near a wash... You atleast, bid on Brand... If you don't get him, its no problem... But the fact is, we didn't even bid on him... Hansbrough won't be back next year, Cuz we will resign West, and if you are talking one year rentals, give me Brand this year over Tyler... I'm not over-reacting, I'm disappointed... There are atleast 25 teams that would take Tyler off our hands for a future second rounder... It could have been done... We could have atleast tried... We missed an opportunity to have a stellar off-season... We now have just an improved...
    Do you know that for a fact? Just because you haven't read it somewhere doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacertron View Post
    Do you know that for a fact? Just because you haven't read it somewhere doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Yes. We were not under the cap when the bidding ended, thus it would have been completely impossible for us to have made a valid bid.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Are you serious? No team would give up a "superstar" for that deal.

Those possessing the least amount of knowledge are often the ones most willing to announce it to the masses.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Are you serious? No team would give up a "superstar" for that deal.

Those possessing the least amount of knowledge are often the ones most willing to announce it to the masses.
    Well, first of all, Gordon is no Superstar. He is a star and he has great value but he is also frail and there is that flaw of his connection with IU (that is a joke, son). I do agree that what he was suggesting would not have happened. The real and only superstar on the market is Howard and you can see that teams are offering almost their entire roster and a few years worth of picks for him..... I also agree with you statement about knowledge and the masses.....

Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    I truly do not know what is wrong with you Pacer fans....... The Pacers re-sign the fan favorite in Roy Hibbert, and re-sign our starting PG in George Hill, but that is not enough for you. They go out and sign one of the top back up point guards in NBA in D.J. Augustin, but that is not enough. They also go out and sign one of the most athletic and top shooting (39% from 3, 48% from field) wings in Gerald Green, but that is not enough for you. They also get a serviceable back-up for Roy Hibbert in Ian Mahinmi. Yet all of these moves are not enough? Eric Gordon and Roy Hibbert were both not coming here so they chose Hibbert, which is not a bad choice given Gordon's injury plagued career. Deron Williams and Steve Nash were not coming here when they had teams like the Lakers and Dallas and Brooklyn were after them, and Elton Brand?? Louis Scola?? Sorry to break it to you guys but the Pacers do not have unlimited cap space, they are not just gonna go out and break the bank open on one off-season. The Pacers starting 5 were dominant in the playoffs, the bench was the problem, OJ Mayo wanted too much money, OJ is not worth breaking the bank open for, same goes for Courntey Lee, who does not even want to come here he wants to go to Boston. I personally like the moves and when the Pacers make the ECF with this line up i hope you guys stop being so dramatic when we don't get every FA....

Testify...Our fan base does not remember that we are lucky as hell to be in the position we are...We created the biggest controversy in league history yet with the wonders of Larry Bird we are back in business...Why is it always so pessimistic around here? I drive 5 hours to go to the games and its always an epic adventure to see the team I love...Its depressing as hell that we have so many amazing pieces in our puzzle and people act like its not good enough...For 27 years ive bled blue and gold and today im standing up and saying that im proud of that

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichardHawes For This Useful Post:

Well, first of all, Gordon is no Superstar. He is a star and he has great value but he is also frail and there is that flaw of his connection with IU (that is a joke, son). I do agree that what he was suggesting would not have happened. The real and only superstar on the market is Howard and you can see that teams are offering almost their entire roster and a few years worth of picks for him..... I also agree with you statement about knowledge and the masses.....
    The obsession about Eric Gordon will never go away
    David "And One" West

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    What do you mean, you guys?
    He didn't want to include the ladies in his comments.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    A few short years ago the obsession was a massive message board-boy-crush on Brad Miller.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    It will when he retires. And I don't expect him to have a long career......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    A few short years ago the obsession was a massive message board-boy-crush on Brad Miller.
    They might have been right about that one........

Hey, you can't blame me for wanting a JO/Brad front court instead of a JO/Pollard one.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Hey, you can't blame me for wanting a JO/Brad front court instead of a JO/Pollard one.

haha so hicks are we in agreement that as long as it is a Miller butts will be in seats?

So we should have drafted Quincy Miller?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Is it bad that I could totally see David West doing something like that?
    Sure, if they'd brought him in while it was still JOB's locker room.

"And you want me to shoot from where?! Nah, we ain't having that s*** no more. Get some good music, some real liquor, some good looking girls and a normal offense in here or we don't have a party, period. And why is Eddie Munster even running this party anyhow?"

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Obessions on PD are hilarious. Before the 2010 draft, there was a somewhat serious obsession to draft Ekpe Udoh. Post 2012 draft, there is a comical "we should've drafted PJII" obsession. This could be a good idea for a thread, past/present obesssions on PD
    David "And One" West

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So the moves that are brought up that we didn't make are:

- we didn't flip a major young talent for Eric Gordon (which both people who brought it up DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANYWAY)
    - we didn't sign Elton Brand
    - we didn't sign Luis Scola

uhhh ..... in what freaking universe are these sure-fire championship moves? Gordon at least has an UPSIDE approaching that level, but if he turned out to be a max salary Jonathan Bender we'd be in a heap of cap hell for a long time that extends FAR beyond having a couple of extra $4M contracts.

Personally, I don't believe in this whole "championship move" thing except in hindsight. Far too many people equate "championship move" to mean "brought in my favorite player". Very, very seldom does a LeBron type no-brainer come into play, even MORE seldom is a particular team in the running for such a thing when it DOES happen. It isn't like every single year every decent team is in position to make one move guaranteed to put them over the top.

You get better from year to year. That's all you can try to do. Trying to take a short cut far too often leads back to the bottom where you start over.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

But it works in NBA2k12 BillS

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ramitt For This Useful Post: