Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most of these Pacers fans are unbelievable........

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Most of these Pacers fans are unbelievable........

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When it was just to start a thread to call out other fans, yeah. I don't agree with that.

He hasn't actually had any back and forth interaction with us and the first thing he does is call out "most Pacer fans".

I guess that's his right but that's a terrible way to make an entrance imo. In fact, lots of forums require a minimum post count to even start a thread. This could be used as an example of why that's the case.
    Often I like to walk into a party, unplug the stereo, knock over the liquor and yell out "what's with you stupid f***s, this party of yours is total s***".

You'd be surprised how popular it makes me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Often I like to walk into a party, unplug the stereo, knock over the liquor and yell out "what's with you stupid f***s, this party of yours is total s***".

You'd be surprised how popular it makes me.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Is it bad that I could totally see David West doing something like that?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    I truly do not know what is wrong with you Pacer fans.....
    As others have posted I think you came in a little too abrupt. Maybe a statement what is wrong with some Pacer fans next time. Just some friendly advice and welcome to PD.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    Imagine a world where you can do anything you please. Pretty awesome am I right? Now imagine you're walking down the street because my lord the mall is crowded and this parking lot is so big.. BAM, roundhouse kick to the face. Why did that happen to you? Because Im like David West, and I don't give 2 pukes about you or your family.
    This might have to be my new sig. I'll have to think about it.

EDIT: Wait are we still allowed to have sigs?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This might have to be my new sig. I'll have to think about it.

EDIT: Wait are we still allowed to have sigs?
    Well lets hope so......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    So you feel it is wrong that a (probable) long time lurker found an objectable reason to join the community and provide his opinion?

I believe I joined from not lurking to post about a contentious issue. I didn't start a new thread, but the same reasoning. I think it is more directed at the kind of folks so eager to pack it in because of our so-called "failures" before the season has even started anyway.
    I agree with you. Why comment on things you agree with? It is when you very opposed to something that was said that many people respond. I know that I do. I agree with a whole lot of posts here and I don't say anything. Then someone will say something like, "If we had only had a healthy Jeff Foster, we would have beaten Miami in the playoffs." Well, perhaps it is a character fault but I can't let nonsense like that go unchallenged. I have been trying to thank more people here for their good posts......

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Saying our starting 5 is dominant...well....we will agree to disagree...
    Look at the +/- from the playoff series in other threads. The starting 5 did dominate. If the bench could have just broken even, we would have beaten the Heat pretty easily. The contrast is between the bench +/- and the starters is pretty jarring and obvious. I usually hate the +/- stat, but man it confirms what I saw pretty clearly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Look at the +/- from the playoff series in other threads. The starting 5 did dominate. If the bench could have just broken even, we would have beaten the Heat pretty easily. The contrast is between the bench +/- and the starters is pretty jarring and obvious. I usually hate the +/- stat, but man it confirms what I saw pretty clearly.
    This is laughable. We have a better chance to catch with a good bench than with our starters. What game were you watching? I saw LBJ just about beat the Pacers by himself and he played mostly against the starters. There are many much better starting units in the NBA if you include the west. +- is just about the worst form of stat available and the fact that it convinced you that our starting unit was dominate is proof of that. The Pacers do not have ONE dominate player.... They do have five good to OK players......

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lebron basically plays 45-48 minutes a game, especially in the playoffs, he was feasting off a lot of the bench for sure, and the starters too at the end of the series.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This is laughable. We have a better chance to catch with a good bench than with our starters. What game were you watching? I saw LBJ just about beat the Pacers by himself and he played mostly against the starters. There are many much better starting units in the NBA if you include the west. +- is just about the worst form of stat available and the fact that it convinced you that our starting unit was dominate is proof of that. The Pacers do not have ONE dominate player.... They do have five good to OK players......
    So the fact that the starters were positive, and all the bench players were negative (even as far negative as -70) is just a mere coincidence?

I was watching the games that actually happened. When the starters were in we would stay with them, or pull ahead. When the bench was in we got murdered. It was pretty repetitive, and obvious.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    So the fact that the starters were positive, and all the bench players were negative (even as far negative as -70) is just a mere coincidence?

I was watching the games that actually happened. When the starters were in we would stay with them, or pull ahead. When the bench was in we got murdered. It was pretty repetitive, and obvious.
    Were you watching when Wade and James were laying 70 or more on the Pacers? Was that all against the second unit? Yes, that -70 number didn't mean anything. If they had the identical team as the starters coming in and playing on the second unit, they still get beat. James and Wade or superstars. They come through in the clutch. They pick up a team and put it on their backs. The Pacers do not have even one player who can do that once in a while......

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

At least Donnie Walsh is making moves. Larry Bird was always dormant in free agency
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

Quote Originally Posted by DangerGranger3pointranger View Post
    Larry Bird was always dormant in free agency
    Bird never really had money to work with except for last season when he signed D-West. Some dormancy.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Isn't the ultimate goal to win a championship? We were in arguably the best situation possible to go out and make that "championship move," and we didn't do it. Why should I be happy about that?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Isn't the ultimate goal to win a championship? We were in arguably the best situation possible to go out and make that "championship move," and we didn't do it. Why should I be happy about that?
    What would the championship move have been this offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto View Post
    I don't know exactly, but once the best free agents dried up, we should have been looking at trades.

I've just seen this movie too many times with Walsh at the helm.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto View Post
    Trade for Chis Paul or someone of that ilk..... It was never going to happen.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Trade for Chis Paul or someone of that ilk..... It was never going to happen.....
    But what could we give to the Clippers for a Chris Paul who isn't trying to get out of LA and is on a team that is improving? I can't think of a single trade they would take from us to make that happen.

I think this starting 5 is capable of getting us to the ECF this year. I think we don't realize how excellent our front court actually is. I want you to come up with a list of every team with a better SF-PF-C combo then the Pacers. Having a hard time? Funny, I wonder why. Granger/West/Hibbert has shooting ability, post ability and a defensive presence.

With the (hopeful) progression of PG and Hill this year I think this is easily one of the best starting 5s in the NBA. Is it the Heat? no. Is it the Thunder? no. But it is a starting 5 that is capable of beating any team in the league. Yes we beat the Dwight-less Magic. But we handled them in 5 games. And then it took one of the best stretches of basketball ever from 2 of the best players in the league to come back and knock us out in the 2nd round. If our bench plays even remotely decently, or if Lebron/Wade don't go godmode on us people would be saying very different things about our potential in the playoffs. Lets remember this was this teams first trip to the playoffs as a cohesive unit.

We brought back the starting 5, gave opportunity for the bench to improve, and hopefully our youth will develop even more (year 3 for PG anyone?) Maybe not a home run of an offseason but absolutely a net positive in my book

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    I think this starting 5 is capable of getting us to the ECF this year. I think we don't realize how excellent our front court actually is. I want you to come up with a list of every team with a better SF-PF-C combo then the Pacers. Having a hard time? Funny, I wonder why. Granger/West/Hibbert has shooting ability, post ability and a defensive presence.

With the (hopeful) progression of PG and Hill this year I think this is easily one of the best starting 5s in the NBA. Is it the Heat? no. Is it the Thunder? no. But it is a starting 5 that is capable of beating any team in the league. Yes we beat the Dwight-less Magic. But we handled them in 5 games. And then it took one of the best stretches of basketball ever from 2 of the best players in the league to come back and knock us out in the 2nd round. If our bench plays even remotely decently, or if Lebron/Wade don't go godmode on us people would be saying very different things about our potential in the playoffs. Lets remember this was this teams first trip to the playoffs as a cohesive unit.

We brought back the starting 5, gave opportunity for the bench to improve, and hopefully our youth will develop even more (year 3 for PG anyone?) Maybe not a home run of an offseason but absolutely a net positive in my book
    Is it the Boston Celtics? No. Is it the Brooklyn Nets? No. Is it the NY Knicks? No. Is it the Bulls? No. Maybe it is the 76ers but even that is not certain right now. None of the teams we have mentioned here would trade their starting five for the Pacers starting five. Not one.......

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know exactly, but once the best free agents dried up, we should have been looking at trades.

Bingo...we have a winner.

And lets be real. This has come down to creating a lot of pizazze over marginally upgrading the bench...i mean cmon. But those were evidently the marching orders to Walsh from Simon...dont break the bank.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i keep reading this, but no one brings up any trades we could have made. why is that?

I agree!

I think the reason we didn't do it is probably the same reason Bird left. I think Bird wanted to make a "championship move," but Herb wanted a 3 year plan. I'm not happy with the 3 year plan, but I see no reason to act out about it. Well, actually I do see a reason to act out about it, but it gets old really, really, fast with so many doing just that.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    i keep reading this, but no one brings up any trades we could have made. why is that?
    We could have offered a sign and trade for Gordon but we don't have any players NOH would have wanted and I am glad about that.....