Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most of these Pacers fans are unbelievable........

Default Most of these Pacers fans are unbelievable........

I truly do not know what is wrong with you Pacer fans....... The Pacers re-sign the fan favorite in Roy Hibbert, and re-sign our starting PG in George Hill, but that is not enough for you. They go out and sign one of the top back up point guards in NBA in D.J. Augustin, but that is not enough. They also go out and sign one of the most athletic and top shooting (39% from 3, 48% from field) wings in Gerald Green, but that is not enough for you. They also get a serviceable back-up for Roy Hibbert in Ian Mahinmi. Yet all of these moves are not enough? Eric Gordon and Roy Hibbert were both not coming here so they chose Hibbert, which is not a bad choice given Gordon's injury plagued career. Deron Williams and Steve Nash were not coming here when they had teams like the Lakers and Dallas and Brooklyn were after them, and Elton Brand?? Louis Scola?? Sorry to break it to you guys but the Pacers do not have unlimited cap space, they are not just gonna go out and break the bank open on one off-season. The Pacers starting 5 were dominant in the playoffs, the bench was the problem, OJ Mayo wanted too much money, OJ is not worth breaking the bank open for, same goes for Courntey Lee, who does not even want to come here he wants to go to Boston. I personally like the moves and when the Pacers make the ECF with this line up i hope you guys stop being so dramatic when we don't get every FA....

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to AugustinGrangerHill For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Most of these Pacers fans are unbelievable........

Its a cross mix of the drought and not getting Gordon. Thats caused a lot of peeps to lose their somewhat already tenuous grips on reality.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What do you mean, you guys?
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't know why this is such a surprise. I mean the team was 42-24 and we lost some guys that were pretty popular a lot of guys respected.

Not saying that these are bad moves, but of course some people are not going to like that.

If someone judged the Pacers based on this board they would think that we're in the Shabazz Muhammad race. People act like this team is devoid of talent and every move it makes is awful while every move another team makes is brilliant.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean, you guys?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

ECF?

We beat the Dwight Howardless Orlando Magic in the playoffs....thats it. Remember how noone took us seriously throughout the regular season? Even though we had the 5th best record in the league? Well guess what. Last year was the perfect storm. No Dwight Howard for Orlando. No Derrick Rose for Chicago. No Bosh for Miami. And we made it to the second round.

Saying our starting 5 is dominant...well....we will agree to disagree...its young and definitely good...but its not gonna win any titles. Period. The whole point is, this offseason was a rare opportunity to upgrade the starting 5. And we didnt. Upgrading the bench isnt nearly so hard. But bottom line there are probably easily 5 or 6 better starting 5s in the league that we will never dominate. At least. And the prospects of upgrading now are gonna be a helluva lot harder than they were this offseason, given the fact we arent likely to have any capspace and the flexibility that comes with it anytime soon. So if we are content with being a 4-8 seed who might get lucky and win a first round series from time to time....then we are probably in a good position. But I didnt really think that ws the idea.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Dude we didn't get Deron, EG, Brand, Duncan, Dwight, Mayo, Crawford, Brook, or Wilt Chamberlain. Of course we fail.
    Last edited by BornReady; 07-13-2012 at 09:23 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

I think that it feels like last year never happened to a lot of fans. The sting of losing for such a long period of time does not go away in a single year. Also, with all the moves it feels like a really big turnover but people are loosing sight of the fact that all the moves involved bench players. Finally, message board fans are always melodramatic. They declare that they will stop following the team every offseason, just to come back in a day or so. If you follow more than one team, you will see that this is the case everywhere.

In any case, I think that what we have to hope is that Paul George has a real breakout year. Year three should be the year that it all clicks. If not, we are stuck in the middle. No move that could have been made this offseason would have changed this fact.

This team is already top 4 in the east and the players are almost all going to enter their prime at the same time. If Paul George turns into an all-star calibre player, this team will contend.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    ECF?

We beat the Dwight Howardless Orlando Magic in the playoffs....thats it. Remember how noone took us seriously throughout the regular season? Even though we had the 5th best record in the league? Well guess what. Last year was the perfect storm. No Dwight Howard for Orlando. No Derrick Rose for Chicago. No Bosh for Miami. And we made it to the second round.

Saying our starting 5 is dominant...well....we will agree to disagree...its young and definitely good...but its not gonna win any titles. Period. The whole point is, this offseason was a rare opportunity to upgrade the starting 5. And we didnt. Upgrading the bench isnt nearly so hard. But bottom line there are probably easily 5 or 6 better starting 5s in the league that we will never dominate. At least. And the prospects of upgrading now are gonna be a helluva lot harder than they were this offseason, given the fact we arent likely to have any capspace and the flexibility that comes with it anytime soon. So if we are content with being a 4-8 seed who might get lucky and win a first round series from time to time....then we are probably in a good position. But I didnt really think that ws the idea.
    I cannot quote playoff stats because I can't find them. However, here are the best 5 man lineups from last regular season.

Not only was the Pacers lineup with Collison the second best (raw +/-) in the league, but they played more often together than any other team by far. When your goal is to win with consistency and familiarity, Vogel is doing the right thing. Eight or nine spots down you have our starting lineup with George Hill, which makes the list despite 1/5th the total time. The +/- per minutes are very good, and although most likely inflated due to Hill's inferior competition for much of it, are not that out of reach.

In the playoffs, our starters consistently gave us fairly sizable leads, only to watch our bench lose it. I cannot provide you with stats, just what I remember for this.

Plus/minus stats are flawed, but they do tend to show how well a unit may stack up. Even if you argue it is not better than a LeBron/Wade/Bosh + filler lineup, you cannot argue it is not at least comparable as a group.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 07-13-2012 at 09:57 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

You just have to understand the dynamic of PD.

When we appear inactive many of us (myself certainly included) freak out.

Also, for many, this offseason would be a complete bust without either Gordon, Nash, or DWill
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Augustingrangerhill, what bothers me the most is not the fact that we've completely struck out on free agency, cuz we've done well, overall... We are better for sure. But when we had an opportunity to make a Championship caliber move, we chickened out... Hansbroughs and Brand salaries this year are damned near a wash... You atleast, bid on Brand... If you don't get him, its no problem... But the fact is, we didn't even bid on him... Hansbrough won't be back next year, Cuz we will resign West, and if you are talking one year rentals, give me Brand this year over Tyler... I'm not over-reacting, I'm disappointed... There are atleast 25 teams that would take Tyler off our hands for a future second rounder... It could have been done... We could have atleast tried... We missed an opportunity to have a stellar off-season... We now have just an improved...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

That's big talk for someone with a players name in his name that we A. Didn't have before 24 hrs ago. And B. In all likelihood won't have next year. Earn your keep you unbelievably antsy Internet guy.

And I'm out.

Edit: imagine a world where you can do anything you please. Pretty awesome am I right? Now imagine you're walking down the street because my lord the mall is crowded and this parking lot is so big.. BAM, roundhouse kick to the face. Why did that happen to you? Because Im like David West, and I don't give 2 pukes about you or your family.

If we all just ran amok this place would become nothing ,more than a place that savages gathered. I stay out of most things but this really got me.

The Pacer train is a one way ticket and there are no stops. Hop off at your own risk.
    Last edited by Pacers4Life; 07-13-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacers4Life For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    That's big talk for someone with a players name in his name that we A. Didn't have before 24 hrs ago. And B. In all likelihood won't have next year. Earn your keep you unbelievably antsy Internet guy.

And I'm out.
    Just because he only has 2 posts doesn't mean his opinion is any worse than yours. I happen to agree with his opinion, and the fact that our offseason moves are generating excitement from more casual fans should be cause for celebration, not degradation.

What's unbelievable is you signing up today and the first thing you post is a thread calling out other fans.

Regardless of your message...

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Just because he only has 2 posts doesn't mean his opinion is any worse than yours. I happen to agree with his opinion, and the fact that our offseason moves are generating excitement from more casual fans should be cause for celebration, not degradation.

It's not that he has two posts that's the problem. It's that he signed up just to call out other fans. Wtf is that???

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    What's unbelievable is you signing up today and the first thing you post is a thread calling out other fans.

Regardless of your message...

So you feel it is wrong that a (probable) long time lurker found an objectable reason to join the community and provide his opinion?

It's not that he has two posts that's the problem. It's that he signed up just to call out other fans. Wtf is that???
    I believe I joined from not lurking to post about a contentious issue. I didn't start a new thread, but the same reasoning. I think it is more directed at the kind of folks so eager to pack it in because of our so-called "failures" before the season has even started anyway.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 07-13-2012 at 10:10 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    So you feel it is wrong that a (probable) long time lurker found an objectable reason to join the community and provide his opinion?
    When it was just to start a thread to call out other fans, yeah. I don't agree with that.

He hasn't actually had any back and forth interaction with us and the first thing he does is call out "most Pacer fans".

I guess that's his right but that's a terrible way to make an entrance imo. In fact, lots of forums require a minimum post count to even start a thread. This could be used as an example of why that's the case.

What is this thread about? I read the first sentence then got bored.
    What Lebron James should've said after the loss to the Mavs!
    What should I do? Should I admit Id made mistakes? Should I remind you Ive done this before? What should I do? Should I just sell shoes?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so why can't you just respect that.

There are always going to be koolaid drinkers, those that complain about everything, to everything in between.

As a fan that supports and helps pay for these guys salaries, I'm entitled to that. Just because you think it's been a great offseason doesn't mean I think you mix, serve and drink the Pacer koolaid.

Do fans go a bit overboard, yes. I'm guilty of it. I'm slowly getting over this crazy offseason. I hate the Plumlee pick and I hate that they gave DC away for nothing. I understand that the Pacers are a small market team that should utilize all its assets to the fullest. Giving away players is pretty shortsighted for the Pacer franchise. We are better right now, but getting at least a pick for DC could help in the future. Can't do that if you just give players away. It ultimately means that we'll have to overpay for some FA when we could have a cost controlled rookie. What's done is done, and I'll move on and root for this team. Right now, I'm just a bit frustrated with some of the moves.

On top of that, if they could have rid themselves of Hans and had Hibbs wait to sign, they could have bid on Brand/Scola. I think that was a mistake as well.

However, I do agree that in the end that the bench should be much better than the team we had last season.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post

And I'm out.

Edit: imagine a world where you can do anything you please. Pretty awesome am I right? Now imagine you're walking down the street because my lord the mall is crowded and this parking lot is so big.. BAM, roundhouse kick to the face. Why did that happen to you? Because Im like David West, and I don't give 2 pukes about you or your family.

If we all just ran amok this place would become nothing ,more than a place that savages gathered. I stay out of most things but this really got me.

The Pacer train is a one way ticket and there are no stops. Hop off at your own risk.
    He's right. Many fans here are acting like lunatics and going off of the deep end with little provocation and undulating rapidly, going from loving the team to acting like it should be sold and we suck from day to day. People do need to get a grip.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

I still blame this drought.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

The NBA is better when the Pacers have the third best record in the East. PD is better when they have the third worst record in the East.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post: