Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mavs pick up Brand for 2.1 million

Default Re: Mavs pick up Brand for 2.1 million

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes that would be great for chemistry on a young upcoming team. Forcing a vet who still wants to start to come off the bench. I don't get why we didn't do that.

When your child throws a temper tantrum, b/c they want something, do YOU give in? I surely hope not! This belief of one's entitlement is out of control, and that applies to NBA players who feel they can force their wants and desires upon others. Brand can't afford to be a problem for one year, b/c he'll be looking for what most likely will be his last contract next year. You call his bluff if you want him!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Well then you obviously dont know how the waiver amnesty program works and didnt look at the question this answer was in response to. Agents and players have absolutely no say in this particular matter. Its simply a bidding of those teams under the cap making a bid with the high bid winning. Period. No agent input. No player refusing or choosing somewhere else because he doesnt like the team or city. Only a one-time bid with the highest bid winning.
    And then player x is "forced" to play for the highest bidder?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post

Yeah, "forced" to play for another team for "18 mil" next season. I don't see Brand having retired and losing 18 mil if he didn't get his way plus another 2-4 more years of multi million salaries. His threat was nothing but hollow. Just trying to pressure to get his way.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brand is gone and couldve been had for one season for a cost to the Pacers of a little more than 2 million. Think about that. And think about how he compares to Tyler Hansbrough. Now the same thing is going on with Luis Scola. His cost will likely be 3.5 to 4 million a year for 3 years. And if things dont go well u can trade him a year from now and would have absolutely no problem doing so. Yet by not delaying the signing of Hibbert and Hill we cannot take advantage of such. Shame, Shame.

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Well then you obviously dont know how the waiver amnesty program works and didnt look at the question this answer was in response to. Agents and players have absolutely no say in this particular matter. Its simply a bidding of those teams under the cap making a bid with the high bid winning. Period. No agent input. No player refusing or choosing somewhere else because he doesnt like the team or city. Only a one-time bid with the highest bid winning. So the answer was simple when asked if we wouldve waited to sign Hibbert and Hill could we have gotten Brand or Scola...

Yes. As very few teams were under the cap and even fewer actually had an interest. As is evidenced by the 2.1 million winning bid. Scola should be even more interesting.

I guess it is the same as when a player signs a contract he or his agent or "his people" have no leverage and no say as to where a team will trade him or if he gets traded.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Perhaps the Pacers' FO has something else in mind that doesn't involve Brand or Scola? At least I hope so.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    I guess it is the same as when a player signs a contract he or his agent or "his people" have no leverage and no say as to where a team will trade him or if he gets traded.
    Kind of, but even more oblivious to outside interference...Because its a blind bidding and there is no back and forth or negotiating with multiple teams. The NBA waiver process is very cut and dry.

Perhaps the Pacers' FO has something else in mind that doesn't involve Brand or Scola? At least I hope so.
    Yes...they do...unfortunately that plan appears to be Tyler Hansbrough