Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Either the front office needs to go or the owner needs to sale the team.

Default Re: Either the front office needs to go or the owner needs to sale the team.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In most cases this should be true. But judging some of the draft picks, trades and signings Michael Jordan has made, I'm not sure you and other fans couldn't build a better team. You could probably throw darts at potential draft picks/free agents and come up with a better team. From drafting Kwame Brown to building a team that had the worst season ever. And Michael Jordan is even the greatest player ever! Yikes.

I'm just messing around. But MJ does seem to make a lot of terrible decisions. I would like to believe there are fans out there that could at least do better than building a team that finishes with worst winning percentage ever in a season.
    Agree. Front offices do just seem to be as good as the person in charge. Most are competent, but not all. I've always thought Houston, with David Morely, (spelling?) had a great front office, but I'm wondering what they are doing now. They seem determined to saw off the limb they are on. The point is, we as fans should always wait and see what happens. Of course sometimes it seems like everyone can see the train wreck coming but the person in charge.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Either the front office needs to go or the owner needs to sale the team.

This gets my vote for worst thread of the year! Congrats.
    I Bleed Blue

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CreekShow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    Well it does serve one purpose. Best thread yet to drive out the old posters (like myself) and bring in some new blood.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    I think that any Dwight Howard thread is worse.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Either the moderators need to go or Hicks needs to sale this board.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    In most cases this should be true. But judging some of the draft picks, trades and signings Michael Jordan has made, I'm not sure you and other fans couldn't build a better team. You could probably throw darts at potential draft picks/free agents and come up with a better team. From drafting Kwame Brown to building a team that had the worst season ever. And Michael Jordan is even the greatest player ever! Yikes.

I'm just messing around. But MJ does seem to make a lot of terrible decisions. I would like to believe there are fans out there that could at least do better than building a team that finishes with worst winning percentage ever in a season.

I don't know that Kwame was a big mistake. He came right out of high school and it is hard to evaluate those players so the 50/50 level of drafting success is probably lower for them. But he was a big man with enormous potential and the pick was not considered a disaster when it was made. In fact, it was not a disaster. Kwame has had a long NBA career and he just signed with the sixers for $6 million per year. He is a very good, strong defensive player and rebounder but he is not a scoring center. There are much worse number one picks one could name........

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I don't know that Kwame was a big mistake. He came right out of high school and it is hard to evaluate those players so the 50/50 level of drafting success is probably lower for them. But he was a big man with enormous potential and the pick was not considered a disaster when it was made. In fact, it was not a disaster. Kwame has had a long NBA career and he just signed with the sixers for $6 million per year. He is a very good, strong defensive player and rebounder but he is not a scoring center. There are much worse number one picks one could name........
    Lol. Not too many. Only one that comes to my mind somewhat recently is Kandiman if you give Oden a pass. And I think that philly contract is for 6million total for the 2 years versus a year...though Im not a hundred percent positive.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Can you please explain? Is this just a play on the title of the thread or is this a serious statement?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Lol. Not too many. Only one that comes to my mind somewhat recently is Kandiman if you give Oden a pass. And I think that philly contract is for 6million total for the 2 years versus a year...though Im not a hundred percent positive.
    I'm not sure either. I just saw $6 million. You named two that were worse. I thought the worst pick Michael ever made was Adam Morrison. That guy had "bust" written all over him.....

This is clearly a joke people. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i have not read the entire thread yet. but i want to ask a question to anyone with actual understanding. what is the pacers contract status for all players. reason i ask is i get the feeling that this team is waiting a couple seasons when Hibbert and Paul George are closer to the prime of their career and a more known commodity. since this question is regarding the FO it seems relevant in order to get a more accurate image of the FO's plan.

Hill: 5 years 40
    Hibbert: 4 years 60
    Granger: 2 years remaining at 13
    West: 1 season remainging at 10
    George: 2seasons

augustin - 1
    stephenson- 1?
    green - 3
    hansbrough - 1
    plumlee - 3
    mahanmi - 4
    oj - 2?

Pacers could easily be gearing up to go out into FA next season or the following. Granger/West are a large portion of the salary payroll, if Granger were to get dealt this season which i dont expect.. but maybe next offsesaon pacers have room to sign a max player. or in 4 years maybe Gordon becomes a target again if he can stay healthy.

point is the pacers are definitely maintaining flexibility.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    I'm a lifelong Cubs fan. And I wish they would model the Yanks for just one year!
    So am I. I totally disagree with this statement that is the issue with the team. The ownership beefed up the payroll to sell the team and we got a bunch of overrated overpaid guys and that is why we are awful right now. The Cubs needed to rebuild in the worst way im just so happy we finally did.

You need to spend in free agency(when the time comes for us we are likely 3-4 years from doing that because the talent is so bad) but you also need guys under your control to keep payroll manageable. Almost every team that wins has amazing home grown talent and without home grown guys it is really hard ti win IMO.

Nothing like a Jim Henry patch job nothing says contender like overspending on the likes of Milton Bradley and trading away the farm and go balls out to try to win. That thinking set us back 5 years to keep sustained success you cant do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Can you please explain? Is this just a play on the title of the thread or is this a serious statement?
    Just joking around

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post: