Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Either the front office needs to go or the owner needs to sale the team.

Default Either the front office needs to go or the owner needs to sale the team.

I am not sure who is to blame for all the blunders this off season but one or both of the front office and owner needs to go. We draft a guy the could have been taken with our second round pick. Then we draft a guy with our second round pick that to say has shown nothing is an understatement. Then we way overpay for Hill and Hilbert. Now we trade two players with some trade value for a guy we could have signed as a FA.

The thing in all of this is that we should have gotten more in all of our dealings with other teams. We should have traded back in the draft and picked up an asset. We should have gotten more for DC and Jones. Our starters and bench will still not beat the Heat in a series. Other teams are getting better and we seem to think that making tweaks to the bench will make us world beaters, is just sickening. For whatever reason we are afraid to win in trades or FA. Not sure if it is the owner or front office but we are going nowhere fast. This is coming from a glass is half full person.

Default Re: Either the front office needs to go or the owner needs to sale the team.

Seriously?
    Last edited by _The_Future_; 07-13-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to _The_Future_ For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Either the front office needs to go or the owner needs to sale the team.

"Either the front office needs to go or the owner needs to sale the team."

OR

The team needs a new fan.

5. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank you for your opinion.... GO PACERS!!!
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not sure what position HiLbert is going to play, but it sucks that we overpaid him. Now Hibbert on the other hand comparing to other contracts for bigs that were handed out *cough* Lopez *cough* Hibbs deal was a discount.

Overall we kept our starting lineup in tact, which wasn't the issue last year by the way, and added some solid depth to our bench. But I guess since ESPN graded it as a bad trade we loose the offseason.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you can't handle a small market team putting together cast offs from other teams then you need to go like the Lakers.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

#iCant

1. We couldn't have gotten Plumlee in the 2nd round... other late 1st round teams had him on their radar.
    2. Sure Orlando Johnson hasn't been shooting well but he is doing good. He scores points even when he's not shooting well by getting to the FT line and grabs a lot of rebounds. He needs time to develop a little more.
    3. We overpaid HIll a bit but how can you say we overpaid for Hibbert when Brook Lopez got 4 yr 61 mil.
    4. We probably could have gotten more fore DC, but the reason we traded for Mahinmi instead of straight signing him was bc of Dahntays contract and it's not like we were going to pay DC what he wants next year. Also getting Dahntay in the trade made us able to sign Green and not have a logjam at that position.
    5. Our starters played GREAT if not better than most teams we played last season, the problem was our bench sucked badly. When you have Lou and Tyler at your 4&5 nothing good comes of that.
    6. Sure we not might not be ready to beat the Heat in a series, but nor could the Thunder with Durant,Ibaka, Harden, Sefalosha, and Westbrook
    7. Mahinmi, Green, Augustin >>>>> DC and Dahntay

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFreak31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not sure who is to blame for all the blunders this off season but one or both of the front office and owner needs to go. We draft a guy the could have been taken with our second round pick. Then we draft a guy with our second round pick that to say has shown nothing is an understatement. Then we way overpay for Hill and Hilbert. Now we trade two players with some trade value for a guy we could have signed as a FA.

The thing in all of this is that we should have gotten more in all of our dealings with other teams. We should have traded back in the draft and picked up an asset. We should have gotten more for DC and Jones. Our starters and bench will still not beat the Heat in a series. Other teams are getting better and we seem to think that making tweaks to the bench will make us world beaters, is just sickening. For whatever reason we are afraid to win in trades or FA. Not sure if it is the owner or front office but we are going nowhere fast. This is coming from a glass is half full person.
    Well, that settles it... We know who will be leading the charge with torches and pitchforks...

Now, who is gonna drag them out of BLF by their earballs?

Get a life, bro! It sounds like the keggers half full, buddy!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    If you can't handle a small market team putting together cast offs from other teams then you need to go like the Lakers.
    What I am hoping is that the small market teams all wise up. Let the big city teams blow all of their money on the money boys and leave the other, good players for us. I think that you CAN win a title with the second tier players. DET proved that a while back. You don't need a superstar, but you need a whole raft of good players who will play together.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    What I am hoping is that the small market teams all wise up. Let the big city teams blow all of their money on the money boys and leave the other, good players for us. I think that you CAN win a title with the second tier players. DET proved that a while back. You don't need a superstar, but you need a whole raft of good players who will play together.
    I am hoping that no small market teams realize this except for the Pacers, so we get the best 2nd tier talent
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Ha. Love judging players by summer league.

Lance tore up summer league his rookie year and Paul George couldn't make a shot. How'd that work out so far? lol

And people accuse me of being a know it all. Look at this mess.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Ha. Love judging players by summer league.

Lance tore up summer league his rookie year and Paul George couldn't make a shot. How'd that work out so far? lol

And people accuse me of being a know it all. Look at this mess.
    Can't wait till next season. It will be a winning team competing for the Central division, especially with Rose out a while. But that won't be good enough. With every loss the message boards will be filled with people wanting to blow things up and calling a winning team a "mess".

Please do not call people names. We turned Collison who probably wouldn't have signed next year with us anyways and Jones into Ian Mahinmi who is a good backup center. You realized he is a 7 footer right? So in other words we have Hibbert who we honestly did not overpay for considering Lopez signed a 4 year $61 million dollar deal. Seriously? Hibbert is much better than Lopez too. That means we now have three 7 seven footers on our team who are all skilled in their own ways. Look at NBA rosters a lot are lucky to have one 7 footer who is decent.

Next, we sign Gerald Green who is very underrated. The guy is pure athleticism and can still improve and guess what we signed him for a steal. Also, we signed DJ Augustin for a 1 year deal for 3.5 mil I believe? Which is also a steal.

As for Hill did we overpay? Maybe...but did he prove himself to be a good player and an asset to our team? YES. Therefore, I'm okay with what we paid him.
    In conclusion, we basically turned Collison who as I said wouldn't even back after next year and Jones who I like but honestly wasn't that good into a 7 foot monster who is coming off the bench, Gerald Green who can still get better and is pretty impressive, and DJ Augustin who has proven himself to be a good point guard. Oh and guess what...this is out BENCH. You honesly don't know basketball if you don't realized that we now have arguably the best bench in the league. IMO we are going to be scary good next year because guess what...Paul George is only going to get better,Lance is only going to get better,Plumlee will only get better,and Orlando will only get better. Also, it's just another year of our guys playing together and learning to play as a team. Sorry for the rant. GO PACERS!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k_lewis93 For This Useful Post:

you expect way too much from a 26th pick and a mid second rounder. You also expect too much from DC and D Jones.

Your expectations IMO are just wrong.

You might be over-reacting or maybe not, why didn't you just suggest the Pacers as a franchise just cease to exist.

You seem to know every players trade and contract value more than the people who trade and sign players. I wish I had all that information
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I heard there are still some seats on that heAt band wagon
    Long time lurker. Fan since 98. Don't Trade Danny

Mood

Think I'll wait til the end of next season to assess how good our team will be next year.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

looks like this thread didn't quite go where you wanted it to, eh?

This is coming from a glass is half full person.
    you definitely don't sound like one... or don't know what that means

Mood

Sports Logo

Move somewhere else and/or support a different team. Kevin Pritchard has truly made some good moves. Yes, getting something else for DC and Dahntay would have been nice. But Mahinmi (despite no one knowing him, nor how to pronounce his name) is a long, athletic center, which we've needed. Bringing Green in means that we'll be more exciting to the "casual fan", as well as have a much better scorer behind Paul and Danny, which we needed. Picking up DJ Augustin was the best part of the whole thing (despite my Green favoritism) because we needed a point guard who can and will willing distribute, particularly to our newfound bench of much better scorers.

I can agree that picking Miles Plumlee was disappointing while Perry Jones III was still on the board, but sometimes you have to trust the team. That wasn't just Pritch and Bird reaching for someone they thought was good, it was Vogel putting his blessing on a player that he felt they, as a team, needed. Someone like Foster, who plays dirty, sets screens, at least tries to rebound, gets to the basket, and can dunk the ball on occasion. I'm not as disappointed with this offseason's moves than I was earlier, because it's all paying off.

If you can't handle the Pacers, get outta Naptown.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Just some words that came to mind while reading this. This is noway being a directive towards the person who wrote the above quote. Just to the words themselves...

Narrow-minded
    Tunnel vision
    Clueless
    Black hole
    Pessimist
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 07-13-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

I feel like this is what I'd be saying if I didn't see the news of us resigning Hibbert and getting Augustin/Green.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac_Daddy For This Useful Post:

Mood

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

I think they did well, got 5 players approaching their prime. Got the best FA Center on the market. Got a starting Point Guard. Got two guys who can get their own shot. Got a physcial Center. Upgraded athleticism on the bench, big time. I mean, not sure what else they could have done without jeopardizing the future teams by overpaying for midling Free Agents. Drafting 26...

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

All you homers that don't have a clue about real competitive basketball should lay off someone that has a different opinion than yours. Pacerfreak is right all these moves are lateral moves. We very well could be no better than last year. The Collison trade makes no sense. Even the beat writer for the Mavs was confused by that. They had no interest in resigning this guy. The Bobcats as pitiful as they are had no interest in resigning Augustine. The Green move IMO is worth the risk. Lance is showing what he can do in the summer league. In case anybody is paying attention, he is doing it as a pg with the ball in his hands. That is his strength, that is when his game lights up. Its not when he is standing in a corner like they made him do last year and just take up space. The signing of Augustine tells us that is their plan again this year. So go ahead and waste him and let him leave as soon as his contract is up for a guy who obviously doesn't want to be hear long term and is using us to get a better contract. Stop believing every little misguided rumor about everything and actually take a look at what is going on. The Pacers have no prayer of competing for anything with this kind of nonsense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    All you homers that don't have a clue about real competitive basketball should lay off someone that has a different opinion than yours. Pacerfreak is right all these moves are lateral moves. We very well could be no better than last year. The Collison trade makes no sense. Even the beat writer for the Mavs was confused by that. They had no interest in resigning this guy. The Bobcats as pitiful as they are had no interest in resigning Augustine. The Green move IMO is worth the risk. Lance is showing what he can do in the summer league. In case anybody is paying attention, he is doing it as a pg with the ball in his hands. That is his strength, that is when his game lights up. Its not when he is standing in a corner like they made him do last year and just take up space. The signing of Augustine tells us that is their plan again this year. So go ahead and waste him and let him leave as soon as his contract is up for a guy who obviously doesn't want to be hear long term and is using us to get a better contract. Stop believing every little misguided rumor about everything and actually take a look at what is going on. The Pacers have no prayer of competing for anything with this kind of nonsense.
    /green

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post: