Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 91 of 91

Thread: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

  1. #76
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill and Roy's new contracts. After all of this shakes out today, we'll have a payroll of about 63/64m. The salary cap is 58.044m.
    ohh, you meant "during the season". sure. I assumed we are talking free agency periods.

  2. #77
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dampier and Detlef Schrempf were both involved in Pacers/Mavs deals. Didn't we also get Darrell Armstrong from the Mavs, or trade him to them...can't remember that one. Herb Williams was traded to the Mavs also off the top of my head (I think).
    Dampier (and Duane Ferrell) was traded to Golden State for Mully.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  3. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I felt the bench hurt us a lot more than the starters did against Miami.
    I disagree with this, like I said before whatever we get from the bench is gravy, our problem was that West and Roy were not able to take advantage of Battie and JA, not only that but our main guy Danny Granger did not play well, he was also getting torched by Lebron James.

    At the end of the day the starters are the ones that face the other team best players and if they can't do anything against them the team is probably going to lose and the Pacers proved that.

    Blame Barbosa, Tyler, Lou, DC all you want but at the end of the day the starters didn't step up.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-13-2012 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #79
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with this, like I said before whatever we get from the bench is gravy, our problem was that West and Roy were not able to take advantage of Battie and JA, not only that but our main guy Danny Granger did not play well, he was also getting torched by Lebron James.

    At the end of the day the starters are the ones that face the other team best players and if they can't do anything against them the team is probably going to lose and the Pacers proved that.
    We didn't get any gravy.

  5. #80

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with this, like I said before whatever we get from the bench is gravy, our problem was that West and Roy were not able to take advantage of Battie and JA
    That can happen when you don't have guys that can feed them the ball.

  6. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That can happen when you don't have guys that can feed them the ball.
    They actually had the ball A LOT but were not able to do anything against Battie, Turiaf and JA, but is OK lets blame Tyler and Lou, yeah they suck boo those two they lost us the playoffs....

  7. #82
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They actually had the ball A LOT but were not able to do anything against Battie, Turiaf and JA, but is OK lets blame Tyler and Lou, yeah they suck boo those two they lost us the playoffs....
    I never said Tyler was the only reason. I said he was a significant reason. Lou was okay. He did what he was supposed to do.

  8. #83
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,405

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That can happen when you don't have guys that can feed them the ball.
    Which is my entire point! That should've been top priority this off-season, getting an offensive facilitator to move this offense around. And instead they upgraded --- the bench.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  10. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We didn't get any gravy.
    We actually did, DC did a pretty decent job, the problem that we had is that our bench was playing against Miami big 2 at all times, Lebron and Dwade were playing 40+ minutes, you can have the best bench in the league and that's still not enough to stop those guys, just look at what they did to OKC's bench and OKC's bench >>> Pacers bench.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-13-2012 at 01:13 PM.

  11. #85
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We actually did, DC did a pretty decent job, the problem that we had is that our bench was playing against Miami big 2 at all times, Lebron and Dwade were playing 40+ minutes, you can have the best bench in the league and that's still not enough to stop those guys, just look at what they did to OKC's bench and OKC's bench >>> Pacers bench.
    Anyone can do a decent job against Norris Cole. I can't believe we didn't abuse him more. And Mike Miller when he was defending the PGs. The PnRs slaughtered those guys.

  12. #86
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    But that wasn't really the point. The point is Tyler was really bad. Collison did fine. Lou did fine.

  13. #87
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,522
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems Dallas and Indy have done a lot of trading over the years. I know some trades in the past that seemed like were way in our favor, then we turn around and do one that seems to be in their favor. What is it about the Mavs and Pacers always doing trades?
    Herb Williams for Detlef Schrempf was a brilliant trade. That's the only BIG trade I can think of.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  15. #88

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Hey vzla, nice to meet a fellow Venezuelan (I'm from Barquisimeto), especially in an Indiana based forum.

    I'll probably take the time later because right now I haven't been able to find it, but the data for our starter's 5 man unit plus-minus in the Heat series has been shown here in other threads, and I believe it portrayed our starters actually being a net positive or very close to that. I say that because you seem to think that our starters were overwhelmed in said series and it seems to be a factually wrong assertion. I could be wrong but that is what I recall: I'll try to find the info.

  16. #89
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Herb Williams for Detlef Schrempf was a brilliant trade. That's the only BIG trade I can think of.
    A 1990 first rounder for Terence Stansbury and Bill Garnett doesn't count as BIG (or brilliant)?
    Last edited by MagicRat; 07-13-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:


  18. #90
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,683
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Really though, we were up on the Miami heat 2-1. We just got too cocky about ourselves and they came to play. We had all the momentum, we were at home to put us up 3-1, yet we lacked the "killer instinct" as coach Vogel calls it. I hope that they learned something from that, and they come ready to duke it out EVERY game. I was a legitimate believer that we could have won it all last year, but I guess it is hard to expect such a thing from a young team still learning how the playoffs work. I will, however, be just as much a believer that we can do it this year.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  19. #91
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Insider: "Pacers-Mavs Deal: Who won?" (need posted plz)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blame Barbosa, Tyler, Lou, DC all you want but at the end of the day the starters didn't step up.
    Sure they did. The starters weren't the problem.

    http://bkref.com/tiny/Zn48C

    I started a new thread about this, so we can bicker there.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Similar Threads

  1. What is the Pacers ceiling? "ESPN Insider"
    By indyblue47 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 11:48 AM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 06:27 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 03:06 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 07:07 PM
  5. Insider request "Pacers Waiting"
    By Los Angeles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •