Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 129

Thread: Can we win a Title?

  1. #101

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    and they had Lopez for 82 games the year before, when they reaked and he piled up Troy Murphy-like hyperinflated empty stats in big losses.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  3. #102

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Philly played Boston very tough in the playoffs this year. Collins is a good coach. They will keep improving....
    They did just amnesty one of their key contributors last year. Granted he was overpaid, he was a meaningful piece of that team

  4. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh yeah. Still think you are overrating them. They are a team that hasn't proven they can play and win together. Our starting unit was on pace for 50+ wins in a regular season last year. And looks to only get better this year.
    They haven't prove that they can win together because THEY HAVEN'T PLAY TOGETHER YET.

  5. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Nets go from a Lotto team to #2 in the east by adding Joe Johnson?



    Have people forgotten what this team did last year? Or are they just so keen on hating Walsh that they have to assume hes made the team horrible?
    The front office has said this team overperformed last year and I agree with them. They didn't add anything to the starting lineup. They may slide pack into the forties in wins. I wouldn't be surprised if they did and I would not be surprised if they broked 50 again. If I were placing a bet, I would take the under 50....... Do you want the over?

  6. #105

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They haven't prove that they can win together because THEY HAVEN'T PLAY TOGETHER YET.
    That was my point. The Pacers are a known commodity. The Nets very well could come together and fizzle.

  7. #106

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The front office has said this team overperformed last year and I agree with them. They didn't add anything to the starting lineup. They may slide pack into the forties in wins. I wouldn't be surprised if they did and I would not be surprised if they broked 50 again. If I were placing a bet, I would take the under 50....... Do you want the over?
    Link?

  8. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was my point. The Pacers are a known commodity. The Nets very well could come together and fizzle.
    .... or they could destroy everybody.

  9. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Link?
    I don't have one but I think it was Prichart that said it.......

  10. #109

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .... or they could destroy everybody.
    Adding Joe Johnson and Gerald wallace is going to take a lotto team in the east(2011) to a powerhouse?

  11. #110

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have one but I think it was Prichart that said it.......
    Sure he did(Please read in Irish cop accent)

  12. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was my point. The Pacers are a known commodity. The Nets very well could come together and fizzle.
    They Pacers are not a known commodity. They had one winning short season and they won one round in the playoffs against a team missing its superstar. They could go either way this year in my opinion (which I value highly)......

  13. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adding Joe Johnson and Gerald wallace is going to take a lotto team in the east(2011) to a powerhouse?
    Together with Dwill? yes.

  14. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure he did(Please read in Irish cop accent)
    Oh, he said it and I think someone else will chime in and say they heard it too.....

  15. #114
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    I can't believe there are people who think a team with two players who are significantly better than any Pacer, Gerald Wallace, and Brook Lopez aren't going to be better than us.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  17. #115

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They Pacers are not a known commodity. They had one winning short season and they won one round in the playoffs against a team missing its superstar. They could go either way this year in my opinion (which I value highly)......
    Well I am going to have to cut this short. My comp is teasing me to throw it out the window. But the Pacers are far more known than the Nets.

  18. #116

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure he did(Please read in Irish cop accent)
    For what's its worth, I remember the comment as well. I don't remember if it was KP or LB.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:


  20. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I am going to have to cut this short. My comp is teasing me to throw it out the window. But the Pacers are far more known than the Nets.
    Known to be not as good as the nets, that is for sure. Note that someone else did hear someone in the FO say that we overperformed last year. I don't remember if it was Prichart or Bird.....

  21. #118

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Known to be not as good as the nets, that is for sure. Note that someone else did hear someone in the FO say that we overperformed last year. I don't remember if it was Prichart or Bird.....
    This pretty much shows you aren't actually willing to debate this. You are just trolling your point without even considering the opposing view. The Bulls and Spurs both showed last year that the team with the most talent doesn't always play the best day in and day out. But Age and Injuries can be a real pain. And now I actually think I will toss out the window.

  22. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This pretty much shows you aren't actually willing to debate this. You are just trolling your point without even considering the opposing view. The Bulls and Spurs both showed last year that the team with the most talent doesn't always play the best day in and day out. But Age and Injuries can be a real pain. And now I actually think I will toss out the window.
    Uh, I am only one of several telling you that the Nets right now are better than the Pacers and you are calling me a troll. No one knows how the Pacers will do this year. Was last year fluke because of short season? Will they keep moving forward or take a step back. The Nets are definitely taking a step forward and they have a superstar and a couple of very good players around him now....... Go ahead throw it out the window, you are the one not listening to anybody.....

  23. #120

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Together with Dwill? yes.
    And a healthy Brook Lopez. No question.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  25. #121

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Brooklyn is going to be terrible on defense. Adding a healthy Lopez and Joe Johnson makes them better, but not the #2 seed in the East. I don't see where their defense will come from or how Johnson, Lopez, and Brooks will mesh. They seem like they could be the Knicks 2.0.

    Don't the Knicks have 3 players better than any Pacer and the Pacers are better than them.

  26. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brooklyn is going to be terrible on defense. Adding a healthy Lopez and Joe Johnson makes them better, but not the #2 seed in the East. I don't see where their defense will come from or how Johnson, Lopez, and Brooks will mesh. They seem like they could be the Knicks 2.0.

    Don't the Knicks have 3 players better than any Pacer and the Pacers are better than them.
    Yes, the the Knicks have three better players and it is not clear to me that we will be better than them this coming year........

  27. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure he did(Please read in Irish cop accent)

    Well, are you going to take that wise crack back since someone else hear the FO make that comment too? (Please read in the disgust accent)........

  28. #124
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adding Joe Johnson and Gerald wallace is going to take a lotto team in the east(2011) to a powerhouse?
    We added a lesser player in David West and look how far that had taken us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  29. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,097

    Default Re: Can we win a Title?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, the the Knicks have three better players and it is not clear to me that we will be better than them this coming year........
    That is how most of us know not to take anything you say seriously.

Similar Threads

  1. Would Pacers Have Won Title?
    By presto123 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 06:19 AM
  2. Thread title
    By sweabs in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Can we win a title without paying for one?
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 09:47 AM
  4. Some of you would rather not win a Title than have Ron...
    By ARTESTMVP in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 05:50 PM
  5. Most likely to win the title?
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •