Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 284

Thread: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't look like it's going to happen. Not unless they cancel tomorrow's press conference. Tomorrow at 4PM is when they're supposed to officially announce Roy and Hill are back (and perhaps talk about Green and Augustin too). It'll take at least 2 days to resolve Scola.
    They annonced the presser before Scola was getting cut. I bet most FOs are shocked that they actually did that to such a good player. I think a player of Scola's caliber could make the FO ask Roy and Hill wait just 2 more days. If I was Hibbert I would be all for it another big who helps him.

    But I do agree if we planed to be aggressive on the wire we should of scheduled the presser for the 17th.


    renouncing Barbosa is easy to do. I believe we would have around 9m in cap room if we renounce Lou and Barbosa them. Will someone double check the numbers for me?

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    A double-whammy from David Aldridge:

    David Aldridge (daldridgetnt) on Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
    Source says Rockets have not made a final determination on using amnesty on Scola; could "potentially" happen Friday. @WojYahooNBA first.
    So, it's not only not official, it may not become official, and, even if it does, it wont be before tomorrow, meaning we'd have to hold out even longer on officially re-signing Hill and Hibbert.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't look like it's going to happen. Not unless they cancel tomorrow's press conference. Tomorrow at 4PM is when they're supposed to officially announce Roy and Hill are back (and perhaps talk about Green and Augustin too). It'll take at least 2 days to resolve Scola.
    I think the Pacers can still announce the re-signing of Hibbert and Hill without them actually signing the contracts. I would think both would be fine with holding off if it meant that they could have Scola on their team.

    That said, I can't see the Pacers bidding on either Scola or Brand. They don't seem to want to spend more than $5M on anybody. Both Scola and Brand are on the wrong side of 30 too. Barring a Tyler trade, I think the Pacers are done for the offseason.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  4. #29

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    It's basically send the Dwight Howard trade terms to the office and Scola's amnesty papers are right behind them.

  5. #30
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Do it Pritch!!! Damn would our team be loaded...I'll just continue to dream until he ends up with someone else.

  6. #31
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,910

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.

  7. #32
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    renouncing Barbosa is easy to do. I believe we would have around 9m in cap room if we renounce Lou and Barbosa them. Will someone double check the numbers for me?
    if that's true that should be the easiest decision in the history of easiest decisions

  8. #33

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    I hope Paul's completely non-committal all season in front of a camera but really he just drags it out until the extension deadline and takes his max deal in LA. Just troll the whole league, this dump everyone for cap space and maybe, just maybe, we might get a superstar! stuff is getting so old.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if that's true that should be the easiest decision in the history of easiest decisions
    I need to check the numbers again but I believe it's around 8 or 9


    EDIT: I forgot about DJ Augustin we have 5.5 I believe


    I hope we shop Tyler and picks so we can bid the full amount. What happens if more than 2 teams bid the full amount?
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-12-2012 at 06:57 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  12. #35
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.
    CP3 seems like science fiction. But Harden, Josh Smith, etc. There are some really nice players.

  13. #36
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need to check the numbers again but I believe it's around 8 or 9
    so what's the whole rules for trading amnestied players? I'd assume you can't immediately flip them within the upcoming season but i'm not really sure but Scola on a low contract for a couple of years would be a nice trade chip to have i'd think pending on how soon you can flip him. also like you mentioned before it's a hell of an insurance policy for David West in the mean time.

    This seems like one of those things that just makes too much sense so it'll probably not happen.

  14. #37
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need to check the numbers again but I believe it's around 8 or 9
    8-9 would be without Augustin. I haven't seen his salary number yet?
    we'd probably have to shop Tyler in order to make a competitive offer.

  15. #38

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Scola or Brand... Wow. Now that there is two of them, we have a real shot at one of them. Make a strong bid, then swap Hans for whatever. This is too brilliant a move to squander. I hope Hibbert and Hill are convinced to wait.

    Maybe this is the way to fix the NBA. All free agents are subject to a waiver process. If two teams offer the max, player gets to choose. Hmmm...

  16. #39
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    I think I read that year 3 of Scola's deal is not guaranteed (or partially guaranteed)
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  17. #40
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so what's the whole rules for trading amnestied players? I'd assume you can't immediately flip them within the upcoming season but i'm not really sure but Scola on a low contract for a couple of years would be a nice trade chip to have i'd think pending on how soon you can flip him. also like you mentioned before it's a hell of an insurance policy for David West in the mean time.

    This seems like one of those things that just makes too much sense so it'll probably not happen.
    we could trade him next July. but he's such a perfect fit, i'd just let him retire here.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  19. #41
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I read that year 3 of Scola's deal is not guaranteed (or partially guaranteed)
    partially. a couple mil.

  20. #42
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    I thought it was reported yesterday that the Mavs were going hard after Brand I don't think that they can get both Brand and Scola? I think we still have one hell of an opportunity to get one of those players i'd rather have scola than brand though

  21. #43

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I read that year 3 of Scola's deal is not guaranteed (or partially guaranteed)
    It's not. But I have no idea how that gets applied to the amnesty clause. Maybe just stays unguaranteed but at the lower cap hit?

  22. #44
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Somoene needs to start loading up on pritchards twitter and advocate this deal lol

  23. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Scola and let the Mavericks get Brand

    Do we have enough money? Anybody knows?

  24. #46
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    We won't get Scola... Scola won't even be amnestied until D12 to Houston is everything but finished. If the Mavs want him, I'll take Brand for 5 mil.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  25. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somoene needs to start loading up on pritchards twitter and advocate this deal lol
    Frank Vogel is probably texting him as we speak. Scola has to be a favorite of Vogel he and West play his style of basketball to a tee.

    We have 5.5m left Vnz need to shop Tyler+ Pendy and picks and that would put us at the full amount of the contract.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-12-2012 at 07:04 PM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  27. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Scola's contract is a little unusual.

    2012 / 2013 9.4M
    2013 / 2014 10.2M
    2014 / 2015 11M unguaranteed, but becomes guaranteed if milestones are met in 2013 / 2014

    How is this handled according to the amnesty provision? And does this type of contract have any bearing on the team that signs him following his release?

    Would the MLE be enough of a bid to get him?

  28. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    Scola getting amnestied I think gives the Pacers a better chance at Brand more than anything. I'd have to assume Dallas would be more interested in Scola. It was already reported that the Pacers would look to put in a bid for Brand when he was amnestied by Philly, so I think if the same happens with Scola it only helps our chances.

    If we could get Brand, it'd mean almost no let-up when West goes out. Would be a VERY strong front-line.

  29. #50

    Default Re: Scola gets the amnesty clause!!!!

    count55 says we have 4-4.5mm left. And that Barbosa's already been renounced, he had to be for any of the signings we've already done.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 76ers use amnesty clause on veteran F Brand [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 04:30 PM
  2. 76ers use amnesty clause on Brand (Yahoo! Sports) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 04:20 PM
  3. Magic use amnesty clause to waive Arenas (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 05:10 PM
  4. Brian Grant waived via Amnesty clause
    By foretaz in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 12:24 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •