Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 251

Thread: (BUMPED) Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

  1. #126
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,702

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by schea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    chadfordinsider Chad Ford

    Collison statistically superior to Augustin by virtually every metric but one -- pure point guard rating. And DJ can't guard anyone.
    I really do believe that DJ coming in here has more upside then DC returning. I don't think DJ's potential has been fully tapped because the bad teams and coaching he has endured for his 1st 4 years. DC has had his chance and he isn't going to make us or break us. DJ just might make us....to be continued!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  2. #127
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,912

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ford's still mad we fired Morway
    Yep. I had a pretty strong suspicion before that Morway was the guy feeding him information, but his behavior since Morway's ouster confirms it. I was warned by someone (actually credible) to be careful with Chad Ford--he has stronger biases than most journalists.

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,056

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to be a Debbie Downer but

    There is an important thing called Team Chemistry. We have 5 new players now

    Will chemistry be as strong as last year ?
    It's an excellent question.

    I think most people realize that our team last year wasn't top 5 on pure talent. We had that indefinable chemistry going which allowed us to play better than our parts.

    This year's team looks better on paper, but will it mess up the chemistry? I'd like to think no, since all the most important guys are returning (esp. West and Hill, the key additions last year). But it's hard to predict, and I wonder whether the loss of vets like Foster and Dahntay will hurt the locker room. Adding another vet like Scola or Brand would ease these concerns I think.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

    HC

  6. #129
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    The question is can we trust DJ at starting point. The guy who led his team to the worst NBA record in history.


    I think our best rotation would be like this.

    PG: DJ/Lance
    SG: George/Hill
    SF: Granger/Green
    PF: West/Plumlee or Hans
    C: Hibbert/Mahinmi

    DJ would facilitate the ball much better then Hill and would help reach our starters potential a lot better.

    But can Hill actually look for his offense ? Almost always hes looking for guys off screens and in the second unit he shouldn't do that.

  7. #130
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,216

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The question is can we trust DJ at starting point. The guy who led his team to the worst NBA record in history.


    I think our best rotation would be like this.

    PG: DJ/Lance
    SG: George/Hill
    SF: Granger/Green
    PF: West/Plumlee or Hans
    C: Hibbert/Mahinmi

    DJ would facilitate the ball much better then Hill and would help reach our starters potential a lot better.

    But can Hill actually look for his offense ? Almost always hes looking for guys off screens and in the second unit he shouldn't do that.
    Just because he was leading the worst Team in the NBA doesn't mean that he can't lead any other Team.

    I really prefer to have a Point Guard rotation of DJ and GH...where DJ plays an average of 27 mpg ALL at the PG spot and then GH playing an average 21 mpg at the PG spot and then about 8+ mpg at the SG spot. This allow for a longer SG/SF lineup where PG/Granger/Green and some combination of Lance/Orlando to play the remaining minutes at the SG/SF rotation.

    But I hope that Vogel doesn't go with the whole "5 in and 5 out" method of substitution. I am sure that he will establish a closing lineup....but I think that we have enough versatility to have a VERY SOLID 5 man PG/SG/SF rotation of GHill/PGeorge/Granger/Augustin/Green with Lance/Orlando getting a minimal amount of minutes. This would allow for a lot of different matchups and types of lineups to throw at the opposing Team.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-12-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #131
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,573

    Default

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342145160.294454.jpg

    Been a big fan of DJ for a long time.

    Glad to have him here!
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  9. #132
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,958

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Charlotte observer saying the cats offered DJ 6 mil a year for Multiple years

    looks like we got a steal here

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  11. #133
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,672

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but he isn't going to get the ball inside any better.
    Let's revisit this mid point next season. I think you're off on this one. I actually think that he could make Hansbrough serviceable, as well.

  12. #134
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,098

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Charlotte observer saying the cats offered DJ 6 mil a year for Multiple years

    looks like we got a steal here
    DJ wanted out of Charlotte THAT badly LOL.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  14. #135
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,056

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Charlotte observer saying the cats offered DJ 6 mil a year for Multiple years

    looks like we got a steal here
    Can't say Pacers aren't a FA destination anymore eh? Players taking less money to sign with us! What's the world coming to

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  16. #136
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,801

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If a historically bad Charlotte team (in his own backyard, so to speak) didn't want him, for a guy they had zero interest in retaining, who exactly do you think is going to give up an asset for him?

    He's dead weight.
    Wrong. This is real life not NBA 2K12. Players are investments, you don't short sell because of one bad season. Instead you say, "Why did Tyler regress?" I think 51% of the problem was bench chemistry; he and Lou are too similar. Careers are not day to day, month to month, or year to year.

  17. #137
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,801

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't say Pacers aren't a FA destination anymore eh? Players taking less money to sign with us! What's the world coming to
    If that is true, then I like his style.

  18. #138
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,515
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Very happy picking up DJ. Upgrade over Collison IMO.

    Some strange and unexpected moves from the draft til now, but I'm pleased overall.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  19. #139
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DJ wanted out of Charlotte THAT badly LOL.
    Explains why he took one year too, he'll kill it this year (he plans on it anyways) and then get a 4 year 35 million contract which will more than make up what he lost by not signing with Charlotte.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

  20. #140
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,368

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Just out of curiosity, but would we have the money to sign Chris Paul next offseason if David West took a discount on his next deal?

    I can't help but wonder if that's been our play. Admittedly, it seems a pipe dream, but it's a damn nice pipe dream
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 07-12-2012 at 11:45 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #141
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,515
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just out of curiosity, but would we have the money to sign Chris Paul next offseason if David West took a discount on his next deal?

    I can't help but wonder if that's been our play. Admittedly, it seems a pipe dream, but it's a damn nice pipe dream
    That would be awesome to make a run for him. Just can't see him coming to Indy even if we had the cap room.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  22. #142
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,801

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just out of curiosity, but would we have the money to sign Chris Paul next offseason if David West took a discount on his next deal?

    I can't help but wonder if that's been our play. Admittedly, it seems a pipe dream, but it's a damn nice pipe dream

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  24. #143
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,368

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be awesome to make a run for him. Just can't see him coming to Indy even if we had the cap room.
    Pacers finish 2nd in the East, win the Central, go down in a hard fought ECF to the Heat, *crossing fingers now* Paul George makes a "leap" and his buddy D-West is here. Admittedly, it sounds crazy, I acknowledge that, but I think I'm going to make this my own personal fantasy until next summer.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  26. #144
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,790
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's an excellent question.

    I think most people realize that our team last year wasn't top 5 on pure talent. We had that indefinable chemistry going which allowed us to play better than our parts.

    This year's team looks better on paper, but will it mess up the chemistry? I'd like to think no, since all the most important guys are returning (esp. West and Hill, the key additions last year). But it's hard to predict, and I wonder whether the loss of vets like Foster and Dahntay will hurt the locker room. Adding another vet like Scola or Brand would ease these concerns I think.
    This....the core is still here, and it doesn't take a genius to see that some change was needed to take this team to the next level.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  27. #145
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,298
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Hill/dj
    George/lance/oj
    Granger/green
    West/hansborogh
    Hibbert/Ian/

    Pick up Landry or mayo or lee!!!

  28. #146
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think 51% of the problem was bench chemistry; he and Lou are too similar.
    I'm seeing this in multiple threads; where is this crap coming from? Tyler was awful no matter who he was with: Roy, West, or Lou. Is he also too similar to Roy and West?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  30. #147
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,981
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Tyler was too similar to crap this year.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  32. #148
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,562

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm seeing this in multiple threads; where is this crap coming from? Tyler was awful no matter who he was with: Roy, West, or Lou. Is he also too similar to Roy and West?
    Obviously the Pacers were setting him up to fail Anthem.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


  34. #149
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,790
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    I guess with Murhpy and Dunleavy gone Tyler has become the new whipping boy.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  35. #150

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    I agree! Tyler is one of the best "backup" PF's in the league period. Even after a down year he was still one of the better backup 4's. He is not a starter and shouldnt be judged as one!

Similar Threads

  1. DJ Augustin
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. DJ Augustin at AS break
    By Thesterovic in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
  3. Which PG would you rather have: J.Jack or DJ Augustin?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
  4. Westbrook or Augustin
    By granger33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 08:24 PM
  5. Chad Ford's first mock draft: Pacers taking Augustin
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •