Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 251

Thread: (BUMPED) Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default (BUMPED) Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    @MikeWellsNBA: Pacers have agreed to a 1 year deal with DJ Augustin, according to a source.

  2. #2
    Member Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    indynap
    Posts
    1,106
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  3. #3
    Member Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    indynap
    Posts
    1,106
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    what a dumbass

  4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #4
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,924
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what a dumbass
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Who thought DJ would be so, so, SO bad that some of us got excited when Little Hans got a chance to play point? Pretty much nobody!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  7. #5

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    BRILLIANT MOVE.... wish it was longer than 1 year though... was gonna buy his jersey... ill get a Mahinmi one now.... anyways LETS GO GET BRAND NOW!!

  8. #6
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BRILLIANT MOVE.... wish it was longer than 1 year though... was gonna buy his jersey... ill get a Mahinmi one now.... anyways LETS GO GET BRAND NOW!!
    It's sounding like Brand wants to be in Dallas, and Dallas wants to bring in Brand. Match made in Texas.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    @MikeWellsNBA: President Donnie Walsh and GM Kevin Pritchard deserve credit for jumping on Augustin as soon as they could knowing they needed another PG

  10. #8
    Member mousewilliams999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Springfield Missouri
    Posts
    39

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Baring injuries, Pacers are the second best team in the east on paper, summer needs to end quickly.
    "Missouri's former basketball coach Norm Stewart would traditionally have his players stay in Kansas City, Missouri, before playing at Kansas, going so far as to require the team bus to buy its gasoline at a Missouri filling station and reprimanding players who ate in Kansas, as he did not want to put any money into Kansas' economy."- MIZ-ZOU

  11. #9

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's sounding like Brand wants to be in Dallas, and Dallas wants to bring in Brand. Match made in Texas.
    we can offer Brand more money now since yesterdays trade we made with them

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we can offer Brand more money now since yesterdays trade we made with them
    that's assuming they don't amnesty Haywood.

  14. #11
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Yess!

    Hill/DJ/Lance
    PG/Lance/OJ
    DG/Green/OJ
    West/Hans/Plum
    Roy/Ian/Plum

    Even with Plumlee as the third-string backup, that's a good lineup. That means we can still trade Hansbrough (if it's happening) for another asset. What else do we need?
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  15. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yess!

    Hill/DJ/Lance
    PG/Lance/OJ
    DG/Green/OJ
    West/Hans/Plum
    Roy/Ian/Plum

    Even with Plumlee as the third-string backup, that's a good lineup. That means we can still trade Hansbrough (if it's happening) for another asset. What else do we need?

    Back up 2 guard

  17. #13
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,769

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardHawes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back up 2 guard
    Start Augustin and Hill solves that problem.

  18. #14
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That means we can still trade Hansbrough (if it's happening) for another asset. What else do we need?
    If a historically bad Charlotte team (in his own backyard, so to speak) didn't want him, for a guy they had zero interest in retaining, who exactly do you think is going to give up an asset for him?

    He's dead weight.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If a historically bad Charlotte team (in his own backyard, so to speak) didn't want him, for a guy they had zero interest in retaining, who exactly do you think is going to give up an asset for him?

    He's dead weight.
    Wrong. This is real life not NBA 2K12. Players are investments, you don't short sell because of one bad season. Instead you say, "Why did Tyler regress?" I think 51% of the problem was bench chemistry; he and Lou are too similar. Careers are not day to day, month to month, or year to year.

  21. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think 51% of the problem was bench chemistry; he and Lou are too similar.
    I'm seeing this in multiple threads; where is this crap coming from? Tyler was awful no matter who he was with: Roy, West, or Lou. Is he also too similar to Roy and West?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  23. #17
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm seeing this in multiple threads; where is this crap coming from? Tyler was awful no matter who he was with: Roy, West, or Lou. Is he also too similar to Roy and West?
    Obviously the Pacers were setting him up to fail Anthem.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wrong. This is real life not NBA 2K12. Players are investments, you don't short sell because of one bad season. Instead you say, "Why did Tyler regress?" I think 51% of the problem was bench chemistry; he and Lou are too similar. Careers are not day to day, month to month, or year to year.
    No, you say "why is it that Tyler is playing the exact same style of ball with the exact same limited set of impact moves and weak defense that he's been playing since his Soph year". Everyone wanted to treat him like we got a 20 year old with 1 year of college abd tons of growth potential rather than a clearly limited and PLATEAUED older college player.

    All this "one bad month" and "system wasn't right for him" doesn't change his FG%, his lack of any post move or any post shot that involves 2 hands or being shot from above his shoulder height, and the fact that just as in college an unnaturally large portion of his points come from the FT line due to his out of control flailing near the rim...which people incorrectly describe as "hustle".

    West hustles just as much, but his smooth moves in the post hide his effort behind a mask of ease. And rotating poorly on defense, much worse than guys like Paul or Danny do, is definitely not "hustle".


    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess with Murhpy and Dunleavy gone Tyler has become the new whipping boy.
    New? I personally boo'd the pick, hated the pick, ranted to other PDers that night about the pick, ranted to more PDers at the summer party after the pick.

    Since then there's been a lot of "you'll see" and "give him a break", but I'm still waiting on different results than I saw him produce at UNC.


    The fan reaction to Tyler has been embarrassing. He gets cheered more than any player, has more fans than any player, has more jersey's, and people holding photos, poster, etc to be signed...when Gnome and I went to Houston 2 years ago one fan brought a PAINTED, FRAMED picture of him that was about 4' x 3'. And I'm supposed to feel bad about negative comments about his game? No, what Tyler defenders should feel bad about is that Danny, Roy, Paul, West and even Hill should DWARF Tyler in fan reaction, support, jersey sales, etc and yet this (self edit) fanbase hasn't produced that. All I can say is thank god for Area 55 or it would really be embarrassing.

    I'm saying "enough is enough". And frankly Troy and Dun make great comparisons because in those cases enough was enough as well. Think about the 10m Dun was getting when discussing some of these recent acquisitions. I just don't see how anyone could view Troy or Dun's impact as equal to West for 10m. And that's why they were whipping boys.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 07-13-2012 at 12:58 AM.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,948

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you say "why is it that Tyler is playing the exact same style of ball with the exact same limited set of impact moves and weak defense that he's been playing since his Soph year". Everyone wanted to treat him like we got a 20 year old with 1 year of college rather that a clearly limited and PLATEAUED older college player.

    All this "one bad month" and "system wasn't right for him" doesn't change his FG%, his lack of any post move or any post shot that involves 2 hands or being shot from above his shoulder height, and the fact that just as in college an unnaturally large portion of his points come from the FT line due to his out of control flailing near the rim...which people incorrectly describe as "hustle".

    West hustles just as much, but his smooth moves in the post hide his effort behind a mask of ease. And rotating poorly on defense, much worse than guys like Paul or Danny do, is definitely not "hustle".
    He doesn't even stand in the right places. Guarding the same players he stands completely differently than other players. Maybe he's trying not to get lost, or someone is telling him to do it that way so he doesn't get lost, but then he can't rotate properly. Maybe he wouldn't have rotated properly anyway. It's just bad.

  28. #20
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    612
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yess!

    Hill/DJ/Lance
    PG/Lance/OJ
    DG/Green/OJ
    West/Hans/Plum
    Roy/Ian/Plum

    Even with Plumlee as the third-string backup, that's a good lineup. That means we can still trade Hansbrough (if it's happening) for another asset. What else do we need?
    Green plays both wing spots.

    I see a tighter rotation unless the bench shows a lot of contribution. I don't look for Lance, OJ, Plumlee, or Pendergraph to be looked to for a lot of contribution.

  29. #21
    Member trey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    232
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Great news. Can anyone tell me why we only did 1 year though? Augustin has potential IMO.

  30. #22
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great news. Can anyone tell me why we only did 1 year though? Augustin has potential IMO.
    I assume he wants to show what he can do on a decent team and then get a better contract next summer. I had rather this was a 3 year contract, so we have our bench locked up for several years.

    I'm happy we have him aboard though. His leadership should give the bench a good boost.
    Last edited by Mourning; 07-12-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:


  32. #23
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great news. Can anyone tell me why we only did 1 year though? Augustin has potential IMO.

    Augustin has a history of pouting if he can't start. Unless you think he is the Pacer starting point guard of the future, it is probably best to just rent him for one year.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  33. #24
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Am I the only one that wishes Hansbrough would of been involved in this deal?

  34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  35. #25
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one that wishes Hansbrough would of been involved in this deal?
    Lol, I doubt it.

    I was kind of hoping but only if we had another PF lined up. If we can't get anyone better than I'm glad we didn't give him away.

Similar Threads

  1. DJ Augustin
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. DJ Augustin at AS break
    By Thesterovic in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
  3. Which PG would you rather have: J.Jack or DJ Augustin?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
  4. Westbrook or Augustin
    By granger33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 08:24 PM
  5. Chad Ford's first mock draft: Pacers taking Augustin
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •