Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34

Thread: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

  1. #26
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,620

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Is the roster minimum for a Team 12 or 13 players?

    If we get a Backup PG while sending out Hansbrough...we'd be at 12 Players.

    Do we even have enough CapSpace or minutes for any other Backup Players beyond a 2nd PG?

    Is there any other FAs that the Pacers have had discussions with?

    Delfino maybe ( if he could be had for cheap )?

    If there isn't and there is need to fill the Wing Man rotation...I can see the Pacers bringing back Barbosa .
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #27
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,620

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to trade for Marion but I don't think we have the pieces to match his salary, he is the closest I've seen somebody to stop Lebron.
    Marion is owed $8.3 mil and $9 mil over the next 2 seasons...we have nothing that can match it...nor would I want him on the Pacers books.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  3. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't Green big enough and athletic enough to guard Lebron about as well as Danny did? I would hope that Danny, Gerald, Paul, and George Hill are collectively the defenders of Lebron and Wade, as it stands now.

    I suspect that if we strike out on Augustin, our final PG will be a low-end cheap option such as John Lucas III or his equivalent.
    I don't know how good of a defender Green is, remember that you need smart defenders to be able to guard Lebron and Wade, they love to make defenders jump in the air, can Green stay in front of them without fouling them?

    And yes Danny and PG are going to help but let's say that both of them get in foul trouble guarding Lebron/Wade, who else other than Green do we have?

  4. #29
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,083

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the roster minimum for a Team 12 or 13 players?
    13

  5. #30
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't Green big enough and athletic enough to guard Lebron about as well as Danny did?
    I don't know... he's tall and athletic but he's also listed at 6-8 200lbs whereas Lebron is 6-8 250lbs. Green can certainly play some SF but I don't think I'd want him on Lebron. Lebron was playing against big power forwards. I imagine he'd push Green around with ease unless Green's weight isn't accurately listed. Even Granger has 28lbs on Green.

  6. #31
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the roster minimum for a Team 12 or 13 players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    13

    Rosters are 15 and I believe you can only suit up 12 during the regular season. I thought 13 was just for the playoffs.

    Maybe I'm wrong though.

  7. #32
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rosters are 15 and I believe you can only suit up 12 during the regular season. I thought 13 was just for the playoffs.

    Maybe I'm wrong though.
    I think the new CBA made it permanently 13. I might be wrong.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

    TOP

  9. #33
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the new CBA made it permanently 13. I might be wrong.
    Or you might be right.

    I'm not certain either. For some reason I just thought 13 was playoffs but you may be right.

  10. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: We still need more pieces, who can those pieces be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the new CBA made it permanently 13. I might be wrong.
    13 is right

Similar Threads

  1. Bird: Pacers looking to add pieces (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
  2. A couple of interchangeable pieces for Varejao
    By BringJackBack in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 12:47 PM
  3. If Chris Paul is available... do the pacers have the pieces?
    By Infinite MAN_force in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 09:47 AM
  4. The Pacers Pieces
    By ROCislandWarrior in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 07:44 AM
  5. The missing pieces to a championship.
    By Young in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •