Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DJ Augustin to Indy?

Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

Kevin Pritchard doing his best Al Davis, later years impression.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree. I think the threat of jumping out a first floor window was more irrational.
    I would probably jump out of any window before taking Posey back.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

We need to stop trying to trade with Charlotte.

We can haz a point guard going into the season plz? I don't feel like that's asking for much. And honestly, I've never seen anyone treat the point guard position like the Pacers do.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Rick Bonnell
    Charlotte Observer

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/11/3377002/bobcats-may-pursue-sessions-haywood.html

LAS VEGAS – Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood could end up addressing the Charlotte Bobcats’ needs at point guard and center, the Observer has learned.

Sessions, an unrestricted free agent who finished last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, has drawn interest from the Bobcats, an informed source said. Haywood, a center who grew up in Greensboro and played for North Carolina, will reportedly be waived by the Dallas Mavericks under the NBA’s amnesty clause.

The Mavericks will swallow the remaining $35 million on Haywood’s salary in order to sign free-agent center Chris Kaman. That would open the door for the Bobcats to offer a homecoming and likely a starting spot. Haywood often spends the off-season in Charlotte, working out frequently at Time Warner Cable Arena.

All that could make sign-and-trade discussions between the Bobcats and Indiana Pacers moot. If the Bobcats strike deals with Sessions and eventually Haywood, it’s possible their best course would be rescinding a qualifying offer of about $4 million to point guard D.J. Augustin, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent.

Regardless of the machinations, it seems unlikely Augustin will continue to be a Bobcat long-term. He turned down a lucrative contract extension last season and the Bobcats considered moving him at the trade deadline.

Augustin was the No. 9 overall pick in the 2008 draft. The Bobcats chose him over now-Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez. The Bobcats were prepared to pursue Lopez vigorously this week had the Nets not offered him a maximum, four-year contract.

Sessions averaged 9.7 points and 3.6 assists last season with the Lakers after leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers. He’s known as a capable penetrator, but a suspect jump-shooter. He’d likely back up Kemba Walker, who new coach Mike Dunlap is grooming in an up-tempo offense in Charlotte.

Center Haywood started 54 of 66 games last season for the Mavericks after they did not retain Tyson Chandler in free-agency. Haywood averaged 5.2 points and six rebounds in 22 minutes.

The Bobcats need another big man, and particularly a center, since Byron Mullens, Bismack Biyombo and Tyrus Thomas might all be better suited to power forward.

It’s also possible the Bobcats could add another power forward. They were in the mix to end up with free agent Kris Humphries from the Nets, via sign-and-trade, in a complex deal to land Magic center Dwight Howard in Brooklyn. All that collapsed Wednesday when the Nets chose to re-sign Lopez and retain him at least in the near future.

Subscribe to The Charlotte Observer.

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Read more

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

So if we strike out on Augustin, does that mean we go with Lance as our backup PG?

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    So if we strike out on Augustin, does that mean we go with Lance as our backup PG?
    In all likelihood, yes.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Banned

It’s also possible the Bobcats could add another power forward.
    I bet they want Tyler.

I really don't get why they wouldn't take Hans in a S&T. They're not going to keep Augustin long term it seems like, they've got Kemba, Tyler's basically on a one year deal. So do it and sell some tix and listen to an entire state say "what the hell happened to him?" in unison.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I bet they want Tyler.
    I know its Charlotte, but I just find it really hard to believe there is a team that actually wants him.

Love to be a Pacers' fan pezhan's Avatar

Sports Logo

I wish Tyler can stay here. Maybe he can get significant progress.

Cuz this is his first offseason and he work out with David West.

He's also the most potentail forward on the bench.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I really don't get why they wouldn't take Hans in a S&T. They're not going to keep Augustin long term it seems like, they've got Kemba, Tyler's basically on a one year deal. So do it and sell some tix and listen to an entire state say "what the hell happened to him?" in unison.
    I have a feeling that MJ is trying to pull a fast one on the Pacers and is probably trying to stick Tyrus Thomas to any deal.

Watson and Brooks are a possibility lets not go crazy, is not like DC is irreplaceable.
    What do you guys see in Watson? He's been pretty bad the last couple years, and then made that dumb decision in the playoffs last year, plus he was a Bull. I'd rather have Brooks or about anybody else.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

If it seems likely that the Bobcats will simply rescind their Qualifying Offer.....then why can't we just outright go after him as a UFA?

Do we still have any Capspace left to do that?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I have a feeling that MJ is trying to pull a fast one on the Pacers and is probably trying to stick Tyrus Thomas to any deal.
    Or it could just be MJ being MJ when it comes to dealing with the Pacers. The guy can't finish any deal that he's involved in when it comes to the Pacers.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I know its Charlotte, but I just find it really hard to believe there is a team that actually wants him.
    I was checking out a Bobcats forum and there were some that looked at him as a decent Backup PF...but more as a way for the Bobcats to draw the North Carolina fanbase to watch games. Apparently, he still has a strong following in Charlotte.

I'm not saying that this is the sole reason and that there aren't a myriad of reasons not to want a Player like Hansbourgh...but this is Charlotte, North Carolina that has a very devoted College Basketball fanbase.

Again...if you think that the Bobcats are willing to lose him for nothing....why not get someone like Hansbrough to draw some fans to see games?

Sports Logo

My guess is that the FO is looking for cheap but quality Talent at the Backup PG spot now. I'd easily prefer Augustin at $5 mil a year as a PG that can easily get 24 to 28 mpg over the next couple of seasons....but I can see the FO thinking that as a backup PG....they will probably target one at the $3-4 mil range...basically the price range for Green and Mahinmi......obvious 2nd Unit Players.

IMHO...if we are patient...I think that the FO can get Augustin or ( more than likely ) Felton at that price. Once one of them gets off the market....I'd go after the other with a $4 mil offer.

As someone else mentioned...I'd easily have picked Jarrett Jack as a backup PG....to bad he was picked up by the Warriors before we could poach him from the Hornets.

Lance is our backup at PG

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucasRL13 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Charlotte Observer, Rick Bonnell, reports that a sign and trade to Indiana is "unlikely".

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/12/pa...e-dj-augustin/

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would be a mistake to trade Hansbrough. His trouble was related to chemistry to Lou Amundson. Hammer me all that you want, but too many of you are year to year, month to month, and even day to day. Some fans thought that Tyler Hansbrough would be an all-star, but I never expected him to be greater than a serviceable big man who could start after four to five years in the league. Thus far, Hansbrough has not done anything to prove me wrong.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    What do you guys see in Watson? He's been pretty bad the last couple years, and then made that dumb decision in the playoffs last year, plus he was a Bull. I'd rather have Brooks or about anybody else.
    Watson was the Bulls point guard the majority of the season last season and as you know the Bulls still finished number one in the east, the guy is not a bad player, he is like DC's twin brother, he is a good backup that can get his own shot and can make 3's.

Man, the more I look into it the more I really want Augustin to play here. Please make it happen!
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by LucasRL13 View Post
    Lance is our backup at PG
    Now I'm worried. Lance is still totally untested and has not played in more than two consecutive games (I may be exaggerating here) at any level other than high school. Hopefully he can earn b/u status this season but to hand him 15 minutes a game right now just doesn't make sense. We need reliability since Hill is not even considered a PG himself. Wow this is just crazy if not fixed.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    It would be a mistake to trade Hansbrough. His trouble was related to chemistry to Lou Amundson. Hammer me all that you want, but too many of you are year to year, month to month, and even day to day. Some fans thought that Tyler Hansbrough would be an all-star, but I never expected him to be greater than a serviceable big man who could start after four to five years in the league. Thus far, Hansbrough has not done anything to prove me wrong.
    Really? You consider a power forward who shoots 42%, is a poor defender, mediocre rebounder, and contributes absolutely nothing as an offensive player other than his lack of efficient scoring, to be a serviceable big man, and a possible starting caliber big man as soon as this year?

He certainly hasn't done anything to prove you right.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watson was the Bulls point guard the majority of the season last season and as you know the Bulls still finished number one in the east, the guy is not a bad player, he is like DC's twin brother, he is a good backup that can get his own shot and can make 3's.
    I'd much rather have CJ Watson over DJ Augustine. Unlike DJ, CJ is a very good defender.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I'd much rather have CJ Watson over DJ Augustine. Unlike DJ, CJ is a very good defender.
    I like DJ. You can play him with Hill at times and have a real play maker out there.