Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 298

Thread: DJ Augustin to Indy?

  1. #151
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Rick Bonnell is now reporting that the Bobcats are showing interest in Ramon Sessions. Bonnell goes on to say (and this appears to just be his opinion) that the Bobcats could sign Sessions, and then rescind the $4 million qualifying offer to Augustin which would make DJ an unrestricted free agent.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW
    If they can't get Augustin, they're going with Stephenson as their back up. Invested a lot in him, time to reap the benefits.
    Expand


    Reply Retweet Favorite
    19m Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW
    For those of you wondering why Indy let Deron Collison go, watch what Lance Stephenson did on Monday and Tuesday. Just skip Wednesday's game.
    Fixed.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  5. #153

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Hansbrough and Henderson playing together?.....hahahahahahah

  6. #154
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hansbrough and Henderson playing together?.....hahahahahahah
    didn't he also cheap shot george hill just this past year? which caused george to miss a bit with that shoulder injury?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


  8. #155
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    didn't he also cheap shot george hill just this past year? which caused george to miss a bit with that shoulder injury?
    Yup, that's why I said I hate him so much that if the Pacers traded for him I'd quit liking the Pacers. Dirty player who isn't even very good.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a good question! It seems one of the things was Augustin was bigger than Lawson and DC. I'm embarrassed as I honestly don't remember what else. Lawson has become the better of the 2 now. Maybe b/c he had a really nice rookie year under Brown.

    Out of the list of PG's that are still left, I favor Felton. I realize he had a bad year in Portland but he had a good year prior to that in NY.


    Augustin's arguably the smallest and least athletic of the three. The Bobcats definitely reached on him at #9, but, then, that's what makes them the Bobcats.

  10. #157
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we please use the Amnesty on our executives? I'll do anything, even take back Posey.
    Best post all day.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  11. #158

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best post all day.
    I'm curious about your thoughts on DJ. You're very picky about point guards.

  12. #159
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/mikewellsnba/sta...27874033934336

    There was more to the trade according to Mike Wells
    He was talking about how we trade to trade for Augustin previously in a deal involving TJ and Rush.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  14. #160
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The sign and trade deal with DJ Augustin is around 2 years/7.5 million, according to a Bobcats poster who is in with DJ's family and broke the news a few days ago


    this would be a very good deal for DJ
    Link??

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  16. #161
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really want clarification on why the Augustin deal is "unlikely", wells was saying more pieces were involved and their beat writer said "more to come" I guess I can just wait some more
    I'm still working my way through this thread, so this may have already been answered, but the CHA writer posted an article or blog later saying he thinks CHA might sign Ramon Session and then do whatever it is that would make DJ an unrestricted free agent. In which case, we'd probably just sign him straight up.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  18. #162
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW
    If they can't get Augustin, they're going with Stephenson as their back up. Invested a lot in him, time to reap the benefits.
    Expand


    Reply Retweet Favorite
    19m Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW
    For those of you wondering why Indy let Deron Collison go, watch what Lance Stephenson did on Monday and Tuesday.
    I think that's nonsense. Too soon to depend on Lance like that. I think we'll sign DJ if there's no sign-trade.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  20. #163
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best post all day.
    I suppose so, if you like irrational overreactions.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  22. #164
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    didn't he also cheap shot george hill just this past year? which caused george to miss a bit with that shoulder injury?
    Shoulder injury was caused in practice by getting tied up with Hansbrough. The cheap shot with Henderson was early in the season when he kind of flipped Hill over and George landed hard on his back, which caused him to miss a game or two.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  24. #165
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,600
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem to be overlooking the fact that that 3rdStrike mentioned he shot "39% the year before that" which refers to the season Charlotte went to the playoffs. You can't write off every aspect of Augustin's career as being the product of one single strike shortened season.
    Again, are we talking about his ability as a shooter, or shot selection? Overall fg% is a better measure of shot selection as opposed to shooting ability for guards. Heck, if fg% determined shooting ability then then Andrew Bynum>Reggie Miller.

    His shot selection is questionable, but his 3 pt% and ft% are very solid. DJ is a good shooter.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  26. #166

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose so, if you like irrational overreactions.
    Disagree. I think the threat of jumping out a first floor window was more irrational.

  27. #167
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    hey guys just wondering - what would be more beneficial to this team?
    DJA at 6mil/year or
    Bayless at 3mil/year?

  28. #168
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    I'm not sure if it was reported yet.....reading some of the Bobcats forum posts on this topic....but the rumor was that the Bobcats offered Augustin a 2 year / $9.5 mil Total Contract Offer and he didn't want to sign it. As to why he didn't want to sign it is unclear....but I can see one of the reasons is because he didn't want to be stuck behind Kemba Walker in the PG roation.

    My assumption is that if we go after him as a FA....then he'd come at that cost...at the very least. I'd love to get him at that price. If anything.....I'd like to see the Pacers made an outright offer to Augustin and dare the Bobcats to match him.....that, or tell them that the Pacers are going after him...one way or another...they can lose him for nothing...or get him for something.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-12-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  29. #169
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm curious about your thoughts on DJ. You're very picky about point guards.
    Gonna have to watch him and see. It feels like I watched 0 minutes of the Bobcats last year. Don't remember the Pacers games against them.

    I wouldn't say Collison was my ideal PG, and I was really down on his defense last season (clarify: two seasons ago) but I thought it was better this season. But his ability to explode as he did in Game #5 vs. Orlando was something to be valued. On the other hand, once Hill moved into the starting lineup, our bench was awful except if Collison could create for himself, and that became a real problem in the last half of the Miami series, Game #1 against Orlando (where my Facebook status at halftime was "If Vogel doesn't play the starters all 24 minutes of the second half I'm going to go postal..."), etc.

    I still think last season's starting backcourt should have been Collison/ Hill. But nobody listens to me!

    I'm not opposed to DJ, and Collison wasn't going to be the answer for the second unit this season so its worth a try.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  30. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  31. #170
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose so, if you like irrational overreactions.
    Now come on. imawhat is a perennial member of my first-team all-PD roster. But I think Bill Walton is a helluva broadcaster too, so maybe I should just stop here.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  32. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

    HC

  33. #171
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still working my way through this thread, so this may have already been answered, but the CHA writer posted an article or blog later saying he thinks CHA might sign Ramon Session and then do whatever it is that would make DJ an unrestricted free agent. In which case, we'd probably just sign him straight up.
    They would renounce his bird rights/ cap hold/ turn him from RFA to a UFA.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  34. #172

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still working my way through this thread, so this may have already been answered, but the CHA writer posted an article or blog later saying he thinks CHA might sign Ramon Session and then do whatever it is that would make DJ an unrestricted free agent. In which case, we'd probably just sign him straight up.
    If that happens would we still have the cap room to sign DJ? Granted we don't know how much he is asking for.

  35. #173
    Member Handoverfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    171

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    [IMG]funny gifs[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree. I think the threat of jumping out a first floor window was more irrational.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:


  37. #174

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that happens would we still have the cap room to sign DJ? Granted we don't know how much he is asking for.
    we still have between 7-7.5. but I really don't think we're interested in spending all that, maybe a couple million, which is why the sign and trade possibility makes sense. they just make him an outright UFA he's too expensive.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  39. #175
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was off line for 1.5 hours and all hell broke lose?!??!?!
    I know, I just told Jay's_Wife@Section222 that it looks like the Pacers have made three moves since I left the office. Still don't have my head around all of it.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


Similar Threads

  1. Augustin or Felton?
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 11:18 PM
  2. DJ Augustin
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
  3. DJ Augustin at AS break
    By Thesterovic in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
  4. Which PG would you rather have: J.Jack or DJ Augustin?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
  5. Westbrook or Augustin
    By granger33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •