Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 298

Thread: DJ Augustin to Indy?

  1. #126
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,322

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    I don't like dumping DC w/o a 100% next step that's just a phone call away

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deal isn't dead. all we got is a beat writer from charlotte saying it might not happen. dude said "more to come" 40 mins ago and hasnt posted a thing since
    Yeah the "more to come" will probably be an article in the paper 3 days from now. If you are looking for updates tonight, I'd stick with local Pacers writers.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  4. #128
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other than that one season in New York what exactly has Felton done, and like has been said earlier Augustin even with that crap on the roster dished out more assists on that team than anyone else on our team last year. If he can be had for what's being reported than I'm cool with that.
    And he really only spent 2/3 season in NY before being shipped to Denver where he played 7 less minutes per game. You see that cut into his PPG and APG significantly:

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...feltora01.html

  5. #129
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,795

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    I'm warming to these deals. Augustin is a better PG than Collison,..although Collison is his equal as a player overall. Green is becoming a good player and can score efficiently and with good volume. He's an upgrade over Dahntay. We are getting even longer and now at the PF position. We really did need a little more length at that position. Sorry Hans, but you were not getting it done. Time for a new avatar...

    Edit: of course this all assumes that we are getting Augustin....b/c if we don't we may need Orlando Johnson to move to PG.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  7. #130
    Member granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if we don't manage to trade for Augustin, there are still a few decent point (or combo) guards in the free agent pool:

    NBA.COM - 2012 NBA Free Agent Tracker

    Aaron Brooks
    Raymond Felton
    Jonny Flynn
    Randy Foye
    Nate Robinson
    Ramon Sessions
    Delonte West
    Give me Lancelott Stephenson over those guys please.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:


  9. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a fan of Felton. Brooks will probably be too much.

    I know I'm in the minority here, but Delonte West would fit our system great, and he's a veteran. And he'd be cheap.
    Yeah, Delonte's crazy, but he makes a near elite backup. I also really like Ramon Sessions, although he might be hard to pry away from the Lakers.

  10. #132
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,322

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    I love Delonte West as a player and would support signing him very much.

    But not a chance in hell.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #133

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What made you like Augustin over Lawson?

    That's a good question! It seems one of the things was Augustin was bigger than Lawson and DC. I'm embarrassed as I honestly don't remember what else. Lawson has become the better of the 2 now. Maybe b/c he had a really nice rookie year under Brown.

    Out of the list of PG's that are still left, I favor Felton. I realize he had a bad year in Portland but he had a good year prior to that in NY.

  13. #134
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,582

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    I really want clarification on why the Augustin deal is "unlikely", wells was saying more pieces were involved and their beat writer said "more to come" I guess I can just wait some more

  14. #135

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    We need a point guard

  15. #136
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,322

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Offer CJ Watson like 2/6 and call it a day.

  16. #137
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,198

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Delonte West as a player and would support signing him very much.

    But not a chance in hell.
    If he is willing to bang LeBron's mom in the playoffs, I'm willing to throw an MLE deal at him.

  17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  18. #138

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really want clarification on why the Augustin deal is "unlikely", wells was saying more pieces were involved and their beat writer said "more to come" I guess I can just wait some more
    Wells said this in reference to the failed trade attempt from a couple of seasons ago. It was Rush/Ford for Augustin/Henderson.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:


  20. #139
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he is willing to bang LeBron's mom in the playoffs, I'm willing to throw an MLE deal at him.
    ****er beat me to it
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  22. #140
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    I really don't get the other pieces that Wells is talking about. We have Hans, Lance and Pends. They have Henderson, Williams and Moon.

    They don't need Pends.
    Pacers don't need Williams and Moon.
    So if it's DJ and Henderson, They sure wouldn't take Hans and Lance would they?
    And our starters are worth much more then they have available.

    hmm, i'm
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  23. #141
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a good question! It seems one of the things was Augustin was bigger than Lawson and DC. I'm embarrassed as I honestly don't remember what else. Lawson has become the better of the 2 now. Maybe b/c he had a really nice rookie year under Brown.

    The reason I ask is that I've been following the two since they were in high school. I can't remember many favoring Augustin over Lawson. Ironically, Roy Williams basically strung Augustin along as the back-up plan to Ty Lawson when he was recruiting a point guard out of the 2006 high school class.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  24. #142

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Offer CJ Watson like 2/6 and call it a day.
    How about just pick him up off of waivers and have him for one year.

  25. #143
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't get the other pieces that Wells is talking about. We have Hans, Lance and Pends. They have Henderson, Williams and Moon.

    They don't need Pends.
    Pacers don't need Williams and Moon.
    So if it's DJ and Henderson, They sure wouldn't take Hans and Lance would they?
    And are starters are worth much more then they have available.

    hmm, i'm
    Bobcats aren't willing to deal Henderson from everything I have heard. Despite the fact that a large portion of Charlotte's fan base hates him, MJ apparently really likes him.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  26. #144
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcats aren't willing to deal Henderson from everything I have heard. Despite the fact that a large portion of Charlotte's fan base hates him, MJ apparently really likes him.
    yea I know that, you aren't helping with the confusion!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  27. #145
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't get the other pieces that Wells is talking about. We have Hans, Lance and Pends. They have Henderson, Williams and Moon.

    They don't need Pends.
    Pacers don't need Williams and Moon.
    So if it's DJ and Henderson, They sure wouldn't take Hans and Lance would they?
    And our starters are worth much more then they have available.

    hmm, i'm
    Not that it really matters all that much, but Moon was waived a little over a week ago.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:


  29. #146
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yea I know that, you aren't helping with the confusion!
    I'm checking every source online and on tv down here in NC. Checking the paper, the news sites, twitter feeds from sports writers... I've got nothing new on the trade rumors.

    I'll wait and see if there is something new on the 11 o'clock news.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  30. #147

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't get the other pieces that Wells is talking about. We have Hans, Lance and Pends. They have Henderson, Williams and Moon.

    They don't need Pends.
    Pacers don't need Williams and Moon.
    So if it's DJ and Henderson, They sure wouldn't take Hans and Lance would they?
    And our starters are worth much more then they have available.

    hmm, i'm
    Guys READ ALL THE TWEETS from Wells. The "other pieces" are referring to the LAST TIME we tried to get Augustin. We tried to trade Ford/Rush for Augustin/Henderson at the time. THAT is what he is talking about.

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:


  32. #148
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,878

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't get the other pieces that Wells is talking about. We have Hans, Lance and Pends. They have Henderson, Williams and Moon.

    They don't need Pends.
    Pacers don't need Williams and Moon.
    So if it's DJ and Henderson, They sure wouldn't take Hans and Lance would they?
    And our starters are worth much more then they have available.

    hmm, i'm
    He's not talking about today, he's talking about the attempted TJ Ford for DJ Augustin trade.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  34. #149
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys READ ALL THE TWEETS from Wells. The "other pieces" are referring to the LAST TIME we tried to get Augustin. We tried to trade Ford/Rush for Augustin/Henderson at the time. THAT is what he is talking about.
    That makes me feel better!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  35. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW
    If they can't get Augustin, they're going with Stephenson as their back up. Invested a lot in him, time to reap the benefits.
    Expand


    Reply Retweet Favorite
    19m Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW
    For those of you wondering why Indy let Deron Collison go, watch what Lance Stephenson did on Monday and Tuesday.

Similar Threads

  1. Augustin or Felton?
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 12:18 AM
  2. DJ Augustin
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 04:59 PM
  3. DJ Augustin at AS break
    By Thesterovic in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 07:41 PM
  4. Which PG would you rather have: J.Jack or DJ Augustin?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
  5. Westbrook or Augustin
    By granger33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •