Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 298

Thread: DJ Augustin to Indy?

  1. #26
    MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,569

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by D0NT SH0OT ME View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys wanted a play-making point guard? Well with Nash off the boards D.J Augustin is the next best thing that is available. He ranked 8th in the league last year in assist percent (38.9%). Here are the top 20 players in assist percent for last season (along with Darren Collison and George Hill):

    Assist Pct
    1. Steve Nash-PHO-------53.1
    2. Rajon Rondo-BOS------52.5
    3. Deron Williams-NJN-----46.6
    4. Jose Calderon-TOR-----44.2
    5. Chris Paul-LAC---------43.8
    6. Tony Parker-SAS-------40.3
    7. Derrick Rose-CHI-------40.3
    8. D.J. Augustin-CHA----38.9
    9. Ricky Rubio-MIN--------37.4
    10. John Wall-WAS--------36.9
    11. Kyrie Irving-CLE-------36.5
    12. Andre Miller-DEN------36.5
    13. Greivis Vasquez-NOH--35.7
    14. Ramon Sessions-TOT--35.5
    15. Jarrett Jack-NOH------34.0
    16. Jameer Nelson-ORL----34.0
    17. LeBron James-MIA----33.6
    18. Raymond Felton-POR--33.3
    19. Goran Dragic-HOU-----32.5
    20. Kyle Lowry-HOU-------32.3
    58. Daren Collison-IND--24.9
    108. George Hill-IND----18.8


    Here is a link to the chart.
    Indeed, indeed! Man, this is exciting... let's hope the $ are right.

  2. #27
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,999

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Wow. Good thing I'm on the 1st floor of my building.

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Will Augustin accept backing up Hill?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,999

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Can we please use the Amnesty on our executives? I'll do anything, even take back Posey.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  8. #30
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will Augustin accept backing up Hill?
    He won't have a choice if he's traded to the Pacers. But based on history, he won't be happy about it and his game will reflect that.

    However he is so small and does not possess the athleticism to overcome that size disadvantage, he really needs to accept that being a back-up is his future in the NBA.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  9. #31
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will Augustin accept backing up Hill?
    If he does have a problem, I imagine that DWest and Danny will sort that out real quick.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  11. #32
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,802

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'all wanted us to make moves.... Now we're making em....
    Not only that, but we're going after a RFA. Gotta count for something eh?

  12. #33
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    I don't think Hans for DJ is going to get it done. There has to be more Pacers give, yes? No?
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  13. #34
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,999

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    I'm guessing we probably gave up a first rounder or Paul George as well.

  14. #35
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,802

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He won't have a choice if he's traded to the Pacers. But based on history, he won't be happy about it and his game will reflect that.

    However he is so small and does not possess the athleticism to overcome that size disadvantage, he really needs to accept that being a back-up is his future in the NBA.
    It's a S&T, not a trade, so yes Augustin does have the choice. Which makes me worry about the $$$ we're offering to get him here.

  15. #36
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,802

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Hans for DJ is going to get it done. There has to be more Pacers give, yes? No?
    Better not be more than Hans. We could always dare the Bobcats to match.

  16. #37
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,077

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing we probably gave up a first rounder or Paul George as well.
    Paul George? Nonsense

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  18. #38
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing we probably gave up a first rounder or Paul George as well.
    Lol imawhat you arr cracking me up right now

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,655
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    love me some DJ Augustine offensively he is one of my favorite pgs

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  22. #40

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will Augustin accept backing up Hill?
    Will he for sure be the backup though?

    He appears to have superior playmaking abilities to George Hill. Plus, defensively, the first unit, with or without Hill, will be much stronger than the second unit. Will the Pacers decide that DJ is a better fit to start and George Hill is better to have as the sixth man? I'm not saying this is what they should do if they acquire DJ I am only throwing it out there as a possibility.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:


  24. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,655
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Jordan isnt gonna pay Augustine anyway Tyler Hans will sell some tickets for him win for both sides.

    But I hope this is true love Augustine he and Hill would be a good contrast in styles.


    Im guessing Augustine starts he is a pretty pure pg but who knows maybe Vogel keeps playing the combo guy at pg.

  25. #42
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    DJ is pretty good. He might start, but didn't G.Hill sign to start? This offseason is getting nutty.

  26. #43

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will Augustin accept backing up Hill?
    It's not going to surprise me if, eventually, Augustin starts and Hill goes back to the position he should be playing (part time, and backing up point part time...so third guard.)

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  28. #44
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Hans for DJ is going to get it done. There has to be more Pacers give, yes? No?

    Gotta think a future draft pick is going to Charlotte too.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  29. #45
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,319

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will he for sure be the backup though?

    He appears to have superior playmaking abilities to George Hill. Plus, defensively, the first unit, with or without Hill, will be much stronger than the second unit. Will the Pacers decide that DJ is a better fit to start and George Hill is better to have as the sixth man? I'm not saying this is what they should do if they acquire DJ I am only throwing it out there as a possibility.
    I was thinking this too. Not guaranteed Hill would remain starter...

  30. #46

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    all this news is making my head hurt... lets get this sign and trade DJ for Tyler over with so i can go to bed lol

  31. #47
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gotta think a future draft pick is going to Charlotte too.
    This is Charlotte. Thinking is thrown out the window.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  33. #48

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Augustine is good

  34. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,250

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Knowing Rich Cho, he's either taking a large TPE + 2nd round pick or salary dump + 1st round pick...

  35. #50
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,939

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    The sign and trade deal with DJ Augustin is around 2 years/7.5 million, according to a Bobcats poster who is in with DJ's family and broke the news a few days ago


    this would be a very good deal for DJ

  36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


Similar Threads

  1. Augustin or Felton?
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 11:18 PM
  2. DJ Augustin
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
  3. DJ Augustin at AS break
    By Thesterovic in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
  4. Which PG would you rather have: J.Jack or DJ Augustin?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
  5. Westbrook or Augustin
    By granger33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •