Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 298

Thread: DJ Augustin to Indy?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default DJ Augustin to Indy?

    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Indiana is pursuing a trade with Charlotte for restricted free agent point guard DJ Augustine, sources tell Y! Sports



    my god this is terrible

  2. #2
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,531

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Somebody please change thread title

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Sorry my bad

  5. #4
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,531

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry my bad
    **** happens its alright

  6. #5
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Y'all wanted us to make moves.... Now we're making em....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'all wanted us to make moves.... Now we're making em....
    Not only that, but we're going after a RFA. Gotta count for something eh?

  9. #7
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

    Pacers have considered offer sheet, but prefer to make a trade for Augustine. As @DraftExpress reports, Indy traded Darren Collison to Mavs.
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  10. #8
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,531

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Only excited if we are swapping Hansbrough for him. That would probably **** Bobcats fans off, it would be like the Pacers trading Haywoode Workman for Steve Alford just because.

  11. #9
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only excited if we are swapping Hansbrough for him. That would probably **** Bobcats fans off, it would be like the Pacers trading Haywoode Workman for Steve Alford just because.
    I can completely see this happening. With the trade for Mahinmi, that means Plumlee will be playing back up PF. Which makes Tyler expendable. And we need a back up PG, so in comes Augustine.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    I don't think Hans for DJ is going to get it done. There has to be more Pacers give, yes? No?
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  14. #11
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Hans for DJ is going to get it done. There has to be more Pacers give, yes? No?
    Better not be more than Hans. We could always dare the Bobcats to match.

  15. #12
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Hans for DJ is going to get it done. There has to be more Pacers give, yes? No?

    Gotta think a future draft pick is going to Charlotte too.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  16. #13
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gotta think a future draft pick is going to Charlotte too.
    This is Charlotte. Thinking is thrown out the window.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  18. #14

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    It would slightly make up for the Mahinmi trade if this is straight Hansbrough for Augustin with a reasonable salary.

  19. #15
    Member granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    I like Augustin. He become really underrated last year. Guy can realy score and dish. And agree about Hansbrough trade too.
    Last edited by granger; 07-11-2012 at 08:52 PM.

  20. #16
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Augustin. He become really underrated last year. Guy can realy score and dish. And agree about Hansbrough trade too.
    What's not to like. He and Kemba Walker were the 2 quickest/best players for them much of last year. DJ is not a great scorer but his quickness works well in creating advantages and forcing rotations that open up good PnR and passing opportunities. If the Pacers can get him he'll be a big upgrade on what we wanted Price to be - a pass-first PG that can come in and control the floor. He's much quicker than Price and has shown better pass to shot ratios in his game.


    You lose Collison's pure scoring ability, but you can't have everything if you are paying Hibbert and Hill AND want to work on fixing the bench overall. You gotta find bargains and hopefully some bench balance in which the bench guys can work well with 1-2 starters still on the court.

    5 in, 5 out can be an impressive luxury when it's there, but as we saw in the playoffs the reality is more like 2-3 in with some starters and bench depth that allows those 2-3 bench guys to be different people depending on need. So the bench minutes for guys won't be as set as they were, less scheduled, but hopefully overall more beneficial.

    That's IF you get DJ or someone similar.

    I'd like to think that they still want to add OJ to the bench, but I haven't looked at the salary after these deals. Also on the radio today they said Roy signed, but I didn't know if that was just old news about agreeing or new news that his signature was on the dotted line. If that's the case they the Mayo chase would see to be over.

  21. #17

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's not to like. He and Kemba Walker were the 2 quickest/best players for them much of last year. DJ is not a great scorer but his quickness works well in creating advantages and forcing rotations that open up good PnR and passing opportunities. If the Pacers can get him he'll be a big upgrade on what we wanted Price to be - a pass-first PG that can come in and control the floor. He's much quicker than Price and has shown better pass to shot ratios in his game.
    I don't think that's what the FO and coaching staff wanted Price to be. I think that's what we wanted Price to be.
    I think the FO wants the PG to be a scorer. They are being downright neglectful about this position.

    Quite frankly, DC was about the best backup point guard, for what they want a PG to do, that we could have had, while still actually being a point guard. (Other than defend, but he's a backup point guard.) And I'm not sure whether DC asked to be traded (because he wants to start) or they're really pushing for Lance or they really expect to sign Mayo and figure we can play him at the backup point spot (kind of a stoner lesser version of Hill anyway..) but those are all shooting guards..so that would still be looking at going into the season with no actual point guard.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that's what the FO and coaching staff wanted Price to be. I think that's what we wanted Price to be.
    I think the FO wants the PG to be a scorer. They are being downright neglectful about this position.

    Quite frankly, DC was about the best backup point guard, for what they want a PG to do, that we could have had, while still actually being a point guard. (Other than defend, but he's a backup point guard.) And I'm not sure whether DC asked to be traded (because he wants to start) or they're really pushing for Lance or they really expect to sign Mayo and figure we can play him at the backup point spot (kind of a stoner lesser version of Hill anyway..) but those are all shooting guards..so that would still be looking at going into the season with no actual point guard.
    I agree that the FO is looking at our PG's to be less of a facilitator and more of a shot maker. But that is kind of the way of the league these days. A lot of teams ask their PG's to be more knock down shooters and/or scorers as opposed to traditional set the table facilitators.

    I'm hopeful that whatever backup PG we add is more of the traditional PG, just so that we are able to have ONE within our roster.

  24. #19
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,531

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    I bet we all would have been really excited this morning if we knew a multiplayer deal would take place involving a center coming to Indiana

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  26. #20
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,518
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Don't get me wrong, I like DJ, but he is VERY similar to Hill. A PG who is a decent shooter and scorer, but not a great distributor. I would prefer a guy like Calderon who can shoot and distribute before DJ.

  27. #21
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong, I like DJ, but he is VERY similar to Hill. A PG who is a decent shooter and scorer, but not a great distributor. I would prefer a guy like Calderon who can shoot and distribute before DJ.
    Numbers don't always mean something, but when you average 6 assists with THAT roster in CHA, you can distribute.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  29. #22
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,518
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Numbers don't always mean something, but when you average 6 assists with THAT roster in CHA, you can distribute.
    Like Shabazz, I have been to plenty of Bobcat games. They are the closest NBA team to me. That is a pretty good assessment he gave. That 6.4 number is an externality. His career average is like 4.5 a game. If you are thinking he is a distributor you are going to be dissapointed.

  30. #23
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,035

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    I'd be on it like Blue Bonnet
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  31. #24
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    What are you guys talking about? Augustin can dish, he's a very good playmaker. He just didn't have very good players to pass to in Charlotte. And it's easier to tell him, "go out there, distribute, pass, be a point guard" than it apparently is to do the same with DC.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  32. #25

    Default Re: DJ Augustin to Indy

    He shot 38% from the field last year. 42% the year before. 39% the year before that. I feel sick.

Similar Threads

  1. Augustin or Felton?
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 11:18 PM
  2. DJ Augustin
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
  3. DJ Augustin at AS break
    By Thesterovic in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
  4. Which PG would you rather have: J.Jack or DJ Augustin?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
  5. Westbrook or Augustin
    By granger33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •