Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 551

Thread: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

  1. #176

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I like Mahinmi, but he was expendable after Dallas signed Kaman/amnestied Haywood. We could've signed him outright and I doubt the Mavs match. But NO, we offered Dahntay. And NO, that wasn't enough to get him either..DC! This has been the worst Pacers summer since Club Rio.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  3. #177
    Member kmjohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Age
    29
    Posts
    109
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Mahinmi, but he was expendable after Dallas signed Kaman/amnestied Haywood. We could've signed him outright and I doubt the Mavs match. But NO, we offered Dahntay. And NO, that wasn't enough to get him either..DC! This has been the worst Pacers summer since Club Rio.
    I think you are missing the fact that if we had signed him outright, we would be in even worse cap shape. This consolidated Inferno and DC's contracts into a piece that we needed. Yes it sucks to see them go, but in the long run, I think this is for the best.

  4. #178
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,476

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    That trade seems idiotic. I hope I'm wrong. Collison is a very good player and a young one. Dahntay is great off the bench.

  5. #179
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,393

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by kmjohnson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are missing the fact that if we had signed him outright, we would be in even worse cap shape. This consolidated Inferno and DC's contracts into a piece that we needed. Yes it sucks to see them go, but in the long run, I think this is for the best.
    How can you not get a pick for DC though? That's still freeing up capspace. Houston needs a pg. I would have swapped DC for Reggie Jackson and not even **** with Augustine. I don't like Augustine.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  6. #180
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,043

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Maybe this will make more sense in 24 hours but right now it looks like DC committed a serious felony and had to be traded ASAP
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  7. #181
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,476

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can understand clearing capspace, but come on, at least trade DC for a pick.
    Yes. Even if it's a second rounder. This guy better be a surprise because you know you could get at least a second round pick for DC.

  8. #182

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by kmjohnson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are missing the fact that if we had signed him outright, we would be in even worse cap shape. This consolidated Inferno and DC's contracts into a piece that we needed. Yes it sucks to see them go, but in the long run, I think this is for the best.
    We're talking about $4M dollars worse, for one season. Not bad at all considering Hibbert will be getting $13/14 and Hill $7.


    The point is we could've gotten a lot more. I don't think we would've given up DC/Dahntay in a sign & trade for Eric Gordon.

  9. #183
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you not get a pick for DC though? That's still freeing up capspace. Houston needs a pg. I would have swapped DC for Reggie Jackson and not even **** with Augustine. I don't like Augustine.
    Augustin averaged more assists with the Bobcats than anyone on our team. He's an actual PG which we need badly. If we end up trading DJ, DC, TH for Mahinmi and DJ Augustin while signing Gerald Green, thats good. We needed a back up C badly. We needed a real PG badly. We need bench scoring. Those three guys fill those needs.

  10. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I'm not a big Augustin fan, but his passing is kind of intriguing. He's only 24, too. He should only get better in time.

  11. #185
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I'm not sure who we could have gotten as a backup this offseason that was better. Maybe Dalembert or Camby if you count those deals.

    Mahinmi is far from a bad player, and is still growing since he started very late playing basketball. He would be on the FNT if he wasn't in a contract offseason, so at least we know he's good enough for that.

    I think its right that he can play alongside West and Hibbert but....I'm not sure. Green and Mahinmi tells me that our team is trying to be more athletic, especially to cover the weakness of Roy as our center (athletically speaking), I'm not sure if thats exactly right. They have the tools to keep up with Miami's roster athletically, but I think GMs are making a huge mistake, because next year's Heat are more dangerous because of the smart shooters they added (lewis, allen). You'll need players to be rotationally smart as well...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:


  13. #186
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Plus side of this is it frees up Lance a bit more
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. #187
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,393

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Augustin averaged more assists with the Bobcats than anyone on our team. He's an actual PG which we need badly. If we end up trading DJ, DC, TH for Mahinmi and DJ Augustin while signing Gerald Green, thats good. We needed a back up C badly. We needed a real PG badly. We need bench scoring. Those three guys fill those needs.
    Yeah, but he's a RFA that's probably going to cost. I'd rather have a young point that is just sitting on the end of a bench for a team and isn't likely to see the light of day any time soon or a pick.

    smh
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  15. #188
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,664
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I think that its pretty telling that Nets fans who watched him play game in and game out last year all seem really upset about losing him.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrenchConnection For This Useful Post:


  17. #189

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep terrible
    It's especially terrible when people finally realize Collison is twice the point guard that Hill is. Couldn't have been more evident when Hill needed to be benched against both Orlando and Miami because he couldn't defend Nelson or Chalmers and honestly had no clue what he was doing when pressured with the ball.

  18. #190
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,784

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:


  20. #191
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,851

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I didn't realize that DJ Augustin is a Restricted Free Agent. I assume that the Pacers are asking for a S&T here....which I really hope
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #192
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's especially terrible when people finally realize Collison is twice the point guard that Hill is. Couldn't have been more evident when Hill needed to be benched against both Orlando and Miami because he couldn't defend Nelson or Chalmers and honestly had no clue what he was doing when pressured with the ball.
    and DC isn't half the point guard Augustin is.

  22. #193
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Lets see what NBA 2K12 says about this trade.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  24. #194

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I think the Mahimi Trade indicates that the Pacers are obviously clearing cap for something.... but its rough to see that all they got for both Collison and Jones was Mahimi.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  25. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I have a feeling that DC was overrated here :

  26. #196
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that its pretty telling that Nets fans who watched him play game in and game out last year all seem really upset about losing him.
    The same Nets fans that wanted to claim that Lopez was the best offer that Orlando could get for Dwight...

  27. #197
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,784

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Judgment is best reserved until this all plays out. I really liked DC. DJones was cool, but not really losing any sleep there. It will be interesting to see how Green and Augustine do with a higher talent level. I like them both. Mahinmi isn't bad. I agree it would have been nice to get a pick of some kind for DC. Does this spell the end of Tyler?

  28. #198
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,162
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Shows that Dhantay had negative trade value compared to what Collison got, I'd rather it be a 3/12 deal instead but I guess that didn't work out.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  29. #199
    Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Okay did the TPTB get drunk and just pick names out of hats or what? Not completely against shaking things up like this but it seems so completely random and just for the hell of it...

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to RichardHawes For This Useful Post:


  31. #200
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I didn't think it was possible to make drafting Plumlee look even worse. I was wrong.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Dahntay and DC for Mahinmi?
    By Sandman21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. Ian Mahinmi
    By MaHa3000 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 08:34 PM
  3. Source: Mavericks, center Ian Mahinmi agree to two-year deal [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
  4. Spurs exercise third-year option on Ian Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 07:30 PM
  5. Spurs sign '05 first-round pick, French PF Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •