Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 551

Thread: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

  1. #151

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Don't count out Plumlee as trade bait. This FO didn't make that draft selection.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
    Did the Pacers just trade a young, starting PG who led team in playoff PER for the right to pay a back-up center $16M?

    I'm not a DC fan per se but I agree with this.
    To be fair, Mahinmi's playoff PER was 23.5 -- even higher than Collison's (23.2). Mahinmi played 70 minutes over four games; Collison, 205 minutes over 11 games.

  3. #153
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Let's wait for the dust to settle before freaking out. PritchWal aren't done making moves.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  5. #154
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,230

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I wanted some moves, but this offseason keeps getting worse IMO.

    Seriously, wtf

    Just stunned in disbelief right now.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  6. #155
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,169

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Donnie Walsh didn't succeed in killing this franchise the first time around, so he came back to finish the job.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  8. #156
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Those who are complaining about this deal didn't watch the Heat series .

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  10. #157
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,230

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's wait for the dust to settle before freaking out. PritchWal aren't done making moves.
    I agree, but it better be something like Halle Berry jumping out of a cake type of goodness.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  12. #158
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Not to burst anyones bubble about DJ Augustin, but Evan Massey is just a user like us, in fact he has an account at PD:http://www.pacersdigest.com/member.php?23716-EvanMassey
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. #159

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donnie Walsh didn't succeed in killing this franchise the first time around, so he came back to finish the job.
    To be fair, he also pretty much built it.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  15. #160
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,230

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    So basically DC was completely worthless as real trade value. Unbelievable.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  16. #161

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to burst anyones bubble about DJ Augustin, but Evan Massey is just a user like us, in fact he has an account at PD:http://www.pacersdigest.com/member.php?23716-EvanMassey
    Hoopshype says Woj is calling this as well.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to iogyhufi For This Useful Post:


  18. #162
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,938

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't count out Plumlee as trade bait. This FO didn't make that draft selection.
    No one wants that dude.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  20. #163
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoopshype says Woj is calling this as well.
    Didn't see that. Maybe he just retweets from his sources, like Woj and BrouSSard.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #164

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Oh man now Vecsey is reporting we got Gerald Green which means we didn't get Gerald Green

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  23. #165
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,230

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    How do you give up 2 assets for an UFA. Seriously? I can see sending DJ, but DC has to have some type of value.

    Please let a pick be coming back our way.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  24. #166

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4 mil for a solid back up C isn't over paying. Hell Asik is getting double that!
    It is overpaying considering what we gave up and the length of the deal. All the work that Bird put into getting us out of cap hell has basically been nullified with bloated contracts given to guys like Hill, Mahinmi, and possibly soon Augustin. Donnie has never been intelligent about cap space and now we're seeing it here (again).


  25. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    love Ian Mahinmi on defense 4 for 16 is great value too. I hate giving up DC though but we cant afford to pay him next year anyway so I guess it isnt that bad.

    But I do agree should of traded DC for a pick or something instead very bad value we got for him.



    I just dont get drafting Plumlee for this very reason sign a better guy at good value. Drafting for need is terrible.

  26. #168
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to burst anyones bubble about DJ Augustin, but Evan Massey is just a user like us, in fact he has an account at PD:http://www.pacersdigest.com/member.php?23716-EvanMassey
    Good thing Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting it

    https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...12783733444608

    Indiana is pursuing a trade with Charlotte for restricted free agent point guard DJ Augustine, sources tell Y! Sports.

  27. #169
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,347

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hang on why the hell couldnt we just have signed Mahinmi for nothing he was a free agent?
    To clear Capspace. However, I would have preferred to send out Hansbrough instead...moving him make sense....including DC ( IMHO a more valuable asset ) doesn't.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  28. #170
    Member kmjohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Age
    28
    Posts
    109
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I like that this debate has come down to generalized statements of "This trade sucks!" with little reasons to backup them up, and then a series of what I perceive to be well thought out reactions to what this trade might mean, and how it might actually benefit us. I, for one, loved both DC and Inferno, and hate to see them go, but I also appreciate the added flexibility this move gives us in filling out the roster across the board.

  29. #171
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you give up 2 assets for an UFA. Seriously? I can see sending DJ, but DC has to have some type of value.

    Please let a pick be coming back our way.
    According to Sam Amick, no pick coming... (See twitter link earlier in thread)
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  30. #172

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Mavs fan here but I mean you all no troll.

    Just letting you know about Mahimni, he has shown small flashes here and there, but never consistantly. He is a foul machine, I've seen him foul out in 6 minutes once.

    Not real sure what you're GM was thinking. Mavs have been crapped on this summer by missing out on Deron and losing Jason Terry so this is being considered a positive for us. Personally I am glad to see Jason Kidd go because he'll be 42 when his contract ends. Like Collison's upside.

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MavsFanForLife For This Useful Post:


  32. #173
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To clear Capspace. However, I would have preferred to send out Hansbrough instead...moving him make sense....including DC ( IMHO a more valuable asset ) doesn't.
    Hansbrough will be sent out though. I don't think they make this trade without the trade with Charlotte being done.

  33. #174
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,230

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I can understand clearing capspace, but come on, at least trade DC for a pick.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  35. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,606

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana


Similar Threads

  1. Dahntay and DC for Mahinmi?
    By Sandman21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. Ian Mahinmi
    By MaHa3000 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
  3. Source: Mavericks, center Ian Mahinmi agree to two-year deal [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
  4. Spurs exercise third-year option on Ian Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
  5. Spurs sign '05 first-round pick, French PF Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •