Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 551

Thread: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

  1. #301

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't go wrong at 4mil per. He's 25 yrs. old with his size, length, foot speed, jumping ability and skill set. He will be able to work with Roy and get better skills. I really like the 2 of them for the next 4 yrs (better deal then I expected, love the 4 years). I think Ian is the best pick up for the Pacers backup center this off season and I'm not saying this just cause we got him. I've posted him in other thread in the last week or so.


    I hope the 4th year is a TO. I like the 3rd year the same, but that's asking too much.

  2. #302
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Man....I am a big fan of both DC and Dahntay, but please chill out people. I don't think I can take much more of this after the Roy/Blazers thread. The core is still intact, and we are adding some much needed size and strength on the interior. Lets see how this all plays out before committing mass suicide.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  4. #303

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's more of acquiring pieces that fit better together as opposed to adding better players. DJ is more a natural PG and is a much better 3pt shooter than DC. Pair him with Lance who likes do penetrate, and you have a backcourt that compliments one another. We seem to be ready to get Gerald Green who will be our backup 3, who likes to get up and down the floor. He's also a better 3pt shooter and slasher than Inferno was, so he should give us some good offense off the bench.

    Mahinmi is the agile, athletic, shot blocking big that we've never really had. He can play with Roy or with West and assures us of always being able to have a shot blocking presence inside at all times.

    All this BEFORE we even see what other moves we may make. Let's be patient and see how everything looks once we're do e making moves.

    We definitely are more versatile right now though.
    THIS! Love your post, Ace.

    I still would like an inside scorer off the bench, however. New potential candidate:

    https://twitter.com/AlvaroNBAMartin
    Chron.com : source says "the Rockets are considering making veteran forward @LScola4 an amnesty cut, likely in the next 48 hours".
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  5. #304
    Member habart30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalamazoo
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    What has Plumlee done to make you say that?

    Quit talking out of your a**. Plumlee has been extremely solid in summer league.

    I get you dont like him, but you look foolish when you bash a guy whos been playing quite well.


    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................

    and explain how Plumlee is playing quite well? From what I've seen he's being outplayed by Matt Rogers, and Julian Mavunga.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to habart30 For This Useful Post:


  7. #305
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by habart30 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has Plumlee done to make you say that?

    Quit talking out of your a**. Plumlee has been extremely solid in summer league.

    I get you dont like him, but you look foolish when you bash a guy whos been playing quite well.


    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................

    and explain how Plumlee is playing quite well? From what I've seen he's being outplayed by Matt Rogers, and Julian Mavunga.
    18 pts 8 boards 3 blocks today. Good energy. Scoring fairly well. Knocks rebounds he cant grab out to other guys. Has shown more moves than i thought he had.

    Mavunga has played well, no doubt. Hes not played any better than Miles though.

    And Matt Rogers? Dont even go there. Youre as blind as a bat if you think hes done anything besides be complete garbage just like he is every summer for us.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  9. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Handoverfist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So who would you compare Mahimi too? A poor mans Serge Ibaka?
    I'm sure there are more accurate comparisons, but this comparison might pull some people back off of the ledge. Their career PER's (I know everyone loves PER) are nearly identical.

  10. #307
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    This is really all the value that Collison had?

    I really hope everything is better than it appears because every time I check in and see what's new, the team makes me want to puke a little more in my mouth. This just appears to get worse and worse.
    "I have never taken the high road, but I tell other people to ’cause then there’s more room for me on the low road."

  11. #308
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Seriously... thinking about how clutch Collison was in the playoffs. Not to mention, starting most of the season... and we trade him for a back up that's about to turn 26 and has barely played a full season. Neat.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  13. #309
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,750

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure there are more accurate comparisons, but this comparison might pull some people back off of the ledge. Their career PER's (I know everyone loves PER) are nearly identical.
    if it makes you feel any better, Bismack Biyombo was compared to Ian Mahinmi

  14. #310
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    It was like bizzaro world reading the article off of ESPN's Dallas site where people are allowed to comment, you'd think that the Mavericks just lost Dirk or something the way they talk. I don't get it lol.

  15. #311
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,447
    Mood

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    If he can play with Roy for extended minutes we will have the twin towers all over again. That could be a tough match-up for other teams.

  16. #312
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was like bizzaro world reading the article off of ESPN's Dallas site where people are allowed to comment, you'd think that the Mavericks just lost Dirk or something the way they talk. I don't get it lol.
    Probably because dude is better than you think. Just because he isn't a household name people wanna jump off of a bridge.....go for it.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  18. #313

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously... thinking about how clutch Collison was in the playoffs. Not to mention, starting most of the season... and we trade him for a back up that's about to turn 26 and has barely played a full season. Neat.
    Not to mention we throw in a solid bench player to sweeten the deal. delightful.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  19. #314
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably because dude is better than you think. Just because he isn't a household name people wanna jump off of a bridge.....go for it.
    I wasn't dogging him haha, just thought it was funny that as much as people are going crazy on this board there's an equal amount of crazy going on over with the Mavs fans. I don't know much about the guy but i'm not beat up about it like some are .

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

    HC

  21. #315
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Were getting Dirk'?!?!?!?!?!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  22. #316

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    https://twitter.com/dahntay1
    Thanks @Pacers fans for all the support over the past 3 years. I gave my heart and soul on the court and in the community.
    Indiana is definitely a place I will always remember. Happy to see my guys @StephensonLance and @King24George grow into great players &men

  23. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  24. #317
    soul brother #1 BKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    HCMC, Vietnam
    Age
    29
    Posts
    889

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I can't think of any other French guy playing for the Pacers in the past, do any one of you know if there's a precedent.

    Glad to see a fellow French guy play for my Pacers, I remember Ian from his early years in France and he showed a lot of potential, I think he still has room to improve so I hope he can contribute for us.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to BKK For This Useful Post:


  26. #318
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I'm actually really sad to see Dahntay go, mainly because of stuff like those last 2 tweets. I liked DC too, but Jones just seemed like all class.

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  28. #319
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,750

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by BKK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't think of any other French guy playing for the Pacers in the past, do any one of you know if there's a precedent.

    Glad to see a fellow French guy play for my Pacers, I remember Ian from his early years in France and he showed a lot of potential, I think he still has room to improve so I hope he can contribute for us.
    I can only think of Heurtel in summer league

  29. #320

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I'm going to miss them both

    I liked both a lot and I hope they do well in Dallas.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  31. #321
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
    Indy didn't give up starter 4 Ian. Hill beat out Collison long b4 playoffs. Untrue pt anyway. Green upgrade over Jones. Get legit backup 5

  32. #322

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    https://twitter.com/George_Hill3/sta...80992557875200
    Sad To See Two Good Teammates Leave #PacerNation I Wish Them Both The Best In There Future! For Everything @dahntay1 @Darren_Collison

  33. #323

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a class act. Really wish the best for him and DC in Dallas

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  35. #324
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WE DIDN'T JUST TRADE DETLEF SHREMPF FOR DERRICK FRICKIN' MCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  37. #325
    Member GizzyStardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    This smacks of a Walsh trade. MagicRat is spot on. Reminds me of Dale Davis for JO, as well.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to GizzyStardust For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Dahntay and DC for Mahinmi?
    By Sandman21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. Ian Mahinmi
    By MaHa3000 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
  3. Source: Mavericks, center Ian Mahinmi agree to two-year deal [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
  4. Spurs exercise third-year option on Ian Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
  5. Spurs sign '05 first-round pick, French PF Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •