Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 551

Thread: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

  1. #276
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Honestly, They took Jones and his 2.9mil, he isn't going to give you a value trade. Dallas took him to have DC. It allowed Pacers to sign G2.
    Look at the trade as DC and Jones for Mahinmi and G2, damn good trade!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  3. #277

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly if this means Lance getting more minutes, I'd still be ok with trading DC. We got younger, longer and bigger. What is not to like?
    Can't get my mind out of the gutter so I can't respond.

    Seriously though did we get much better if at all? Is Ian much of an upgrade over lou? I'll give you the green pick up but thats it so far and if you add in Plumlee then thats 2 strikes for a single IMO.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  5. #278

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So with DC being out, and Pendy being brought here partially due to their relationship.....What does Pendy's future look like with the Pacers??
    Actually I think it was his relationship with Kevin P that got him to Indy. KP drafted him in Portland.

  6. #279

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly if this means Lance getting more minutes, I'd still be ok with trading DC. We got younger, longer and bigger. What is not to like?
    Can't get my mind out of the gutter so I can't respond.

    Seriously though did we get much better if at all? Is Ian much of an upgrade over lou? I'll give you the green pick up but thats it so far and if you add in Plumlee then thats 2 strike outs for a single IMO.

  7. #280
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,537
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So with DC being out, and Pendy being brought here partially due to their relationship.....What does Pendy's future look like with the Pacers??
    Ole "Pendy" looks like garbage during summer league, yes, SUMMER LEAGUE. If you want to see him in a uniform after this contract I suspect you will have to buy a plane ticket....

  8. #281
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by MavsFanForLife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mavs fan here but I mean you all no troll.

    Just letting you know about Mahimni, he has shown small flashes here and there, but never consistantly. He is a foul machine, I've seen him foul out in 6 minutes once.

    Not real sure what you're GM was thinking. Mavs have been crapped on this summer by missing out on Deron and losing Jason Terry so this is being considered a positive for us. Personally I am glad to see Jason Kidd go because he'll be 42 when his contract ends. Like Collison's upside.
    Thanks for stopping by and weighing in. I think you'll be moderately satisfied with DC.

  9. #282

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Mahimi Trade indicates that the Pacers are obviously clearing cap for something.... but its rough to see that all they got for both Collison and Jones was Mahimi.


    They wanted the cap for the upcoming Blair trade.

  10. #283
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's what I really don't get about this whole thing: The sales pitch to the fan base after they drafted Plumlee was that he was a backup to Roy. Now they trade for Mahinmi to do the same thing. Explain.
    I'm going to assume he'll actually be our backup PF and Plumlee remains the backup 5. Plumlee is 7'0" and 250lbs, Mahinmi is 6'11" 230lbs. A much bigger, more athletic second unit front court than Tyler and Lou.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  12. #284
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,402

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to assume he'll actually be our backup PF and Plumlee remains the backup 5. Plumlee is 7'0" and 250lbs, Mahinmi is 6'11" 230lbs. A much bigger, more athletic second unit front court than Tyler and Lou.
    I'll assume this as well. Who's scoring in that frontcourt? I know Tyler and Lou weren't exactly setting the world ablaze with their offense, but at least Tyler was a modest threat to put the ball in the hoop. Is one of them going to be paired with a starter (Hibbert/West) at all times?

  13. #285
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to assume he'll actually be our backup PF and Plumlee remains the backup 5. Plumlee is 7'0" and 250lbs, Mahinmi is 6'11" 230lbs. A much bigger, more athletic second unit front court than Tyler and Lou.
    I doubt that, Plumlee can step out and hit the 15, 17 footer and has good foot work for a PF. Mahimni is for sure backup center.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  14. #286
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,629

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to assume he'll actually be our backup PF and Plumlee remains the backup 5. Plumlee is 7'0" and 250lbs, Mahinmi is 6'11" 230lbs. A much bigger, more athletic second unit front court than Tyler and Lou.
    The problem is that I thought that one of the keys that we were looking for in our Backup Frontcourt was to have some reliable scoring from the PF or C backup positions......neither Mahinmi nor Miles does that.

    I really like that we got Mahinmi....I advocated doing so awhile back......but now that we have Miles....who appears to have a similar skillset ( as in a Mobile Big Man that can be a decent Backup Center )....you have to wonder why did we just commit so much $$$ and Playing Time to 2 Players that would serve similar purposes on the roster.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #287
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Is Mahinmi going to be playing in the Olympics this year?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  16. #288
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,749

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Mahinmi going to be playing in the Olympics this year?
    Not according to Wiki

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_...asketball_team

  17. #289
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    You guys do recall when Hibbert was resting that Miami dominated the boards....yea, that's not going to be easy for them now!!!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. #290
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys do recall when Hibbert was resting that Miami dominated the boards....yea, that's not going to be easy for them now!!!
    Only thanks to Plumlee.

    Mahinmi is not a good rebounder.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  19. #291
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll assume this as well. Who's scoring in that frontcourt? I know Tyler and Lou weren't exactly setting the world ablaze with their offense, but at least Tyler was a modest threat to put the ball in the hoop. Is one of them going to be paired with a starter (Hibbert/West) at all times?
    I think they're both guys who, once in a blue moon, will score with their back to the basket or on a wide open 15footer, but mostly dunks and layups off of rebounds and dimes.

  20. #292
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll assume this as well. Who's scoring in that frontcourt? I know Tyler and Lou weren't exactly setting the world ablaze with their offense, but at least Tyler was a modest threat to put the ball in the hoop. Is one of them going to be paired with a starter (Hibbert/West) at all times?
    If we somehow lucked into the Brand amnesty things would become easier. We'd have a contingency plan in case Roy were to be injured too.

    This is a reach but giving away Hans could then help us afford a backup point. Pipe dream I know but that would finish the offseason nicelh.

  21. #293
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Here's a thought... What if Dallas has promised not to outbid us for Brand too? They are the only other team I can remember reading about being interested in him besides us... I'm grasping at straws here but that would make me feel 10x better about that trade...

    I would feel good going into the season with

    C- Roy/Ian/Miles
    PF- DWest/Brand
    SF- Granger/Green
    SG- PG/Lance/OJ
    PG- Hill/DJ

    Dahntay and DC... Thanks for your service!

    Ian... Welcome... Make me regret my current frustrations!
    Last edited by J7F; 07-11-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  23. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I expect us to go small and athletic with the second unit, I don't expect us to play Mahinmi and Plumlee at the same time.

  24. #295
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,446
    Mood

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Every team needs big bodies. If this guy is a true center and can play along either DW or Roy then I think we did good there. I know we drafted the Plum-man, but you can never have too many bigs in this league. I will miss DC and Dahntay, but time goes on and we are developing a nice and young team but still having proven veteran leadership.

  25. #296
    Member Handoverfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    171

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    So who would you compare Mahimi too? A poor mans Serge Ibaka?

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:


  27. #297
    Member habart30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalamazoo
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Collison and Jones were not long term options for us anyway. Although it was smart to ship them out I believe waiting until the end of Free Agency this year might have been smarter. Teams that miss out FA's might have gave up more to get a guy like Collison. It's also possible part of this trade was panic mode after seeing what Plumlee's bum *** is doing in summer league.

  28. #298
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this setting Lance up to fail even more ?
    no
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  30. #299
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's a thought... What if Dallas has promised not to outbid us for Brand too? They are the only other team I can remember reading about being interested in him besides us... I'm grasping at straws here but that would make me feel 10x better about that trade...

    Dahntay and DC... Thanks for your service!

    Ian... Welcome... Make me regret my current frustrations!
    If that was what this trade was based on, we just got SUPER Pritch-slapped. Cuban will still outbid if he wants. He is one of the owners who will **** over everyone to get his was.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  31. #300
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by habart30 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collison and Jones were not long term options for us anyway. Although it was smart to ship them out I believe waiting until the end of Free Agency this year might have been smarter. Teams that miss out FA's might have gave up more to get a guy like Collison. It's also possible part of this trade was panic mode after seeing what Plumlee's bum *** is doing in summer league.
    What has Plumlee done to make you say that?

    Quit talking out of your a**. Plumlee has been extremely solid in summer league.

    I get you dont like him, but you look foolish when you bash a guy whos been playing quite well.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Dahntay and DC for Mahinmi?
    By Sandman21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. Ian Mahinmi
    By MaHa3000 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
  3. Source: Mavericks, center Ian Mahinmi agree to two-year deal [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
  4. Spurs exercise third-year option on Ian Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
  5. Spurs sign '05 first-round pick, French PF Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •