Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 551

Thread: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

  1. #251
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome to the twilight zone
    Props on the Twilight Zone reference, I freaking LOVE that show hahaha
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #252
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me get this straight. We got a scorer off the bench that also backs up Danny, a defensive big that could pair with Roy or West, and possibly a better distributor than DC and everyone is mad?
    **** it, I'll bite.

    We got a wildcard off the bench. Small contract, so really no risk, but hardly a guy you throw out on the court and know what you are going to get.
    We did get a defensive minded big who can pair with Roy or West in frontcourt, but we did it by trading a serviceable starting point guard and a decent veteran wing. On top of that, we supposedly used our first round pick to draft a guy to fill that exact role. So that doesn't make a whole lot of sense just yet.
    We haven't gotten Augustin yet, therefore I will not count him amongst my chickens. If we get him for Hansbrough, I'm a little more at ease, because as things stand at the moment, we have zero true point guards on this roster.

  3. #253
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,233

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Pacers got DC for nothing.

    I guess they figure they'd trade him for nothing.

    Ugh!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  4. #254
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    322

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sweet. layup lines and d-league.
    Yeah I'm not finding much other than :20 sec, single game highlights. Here's another of some Euro League play. There's layup lines at the beginning of this one too so skip to :24 in.

    http://www.videosurf.com/video/ian-m...ights-67674702

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:


  6. #255
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's because Darren Collison isn't better than George Hill that we're trading him, why he won't get a contract like Hill just did, and why he won't fetch a player like Leonard.
    Yes, exactly my point. San Antonio was savvy in getting rid of Hill when he was due to hit free agency and they did it while acquiring a nice player with upside and a rookie contract in the process. We bumbled ours a little bit more. DC doesn't have the same value that Hill did last year, but I have to think he had more than being a piece in a sign and trade for a role player whose team had zero interest in retaining him.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  8. #256
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I'm not finding much other than :20 sec, single game highlights. Here's another of some Euro League play. There's layup lines at the beginning of this one too so skip to :24 in.

    http://www.videosurf.com/video/ian-m...ights-67674702
    I watched him on synergy a bit. He seems pretty quick and likes to dunk. Set some decent picks.

  9. #257

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy is a Center. He averaged 5ppg/5rpg in 20 minutes...as a Starter for 25 mpg in 12 games...he averaged 7ppg/6rpg. What's more important is that I think that he's capable of playing both West AND Hibbert in the lineup.

    But this still baffles me as to why we drafted Miles.


    Bird drafted Plum Jam... Walsh/Pritchard this deal. Bird was leaving, and he should never have been allowed to be in charge of the draft.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  11. #258

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched him on synergy a bit. He seems pretty quick and likes to dunk. Set some decent picks.
    That's good. But isn't that what we got Plumlee for? Why give up 2 solid assets for the same thing? Especially when we could have just signed him.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:


  13. #259
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,740

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    The BIGGEST question that we have to deal with now is...

    Who gets #28? Barbosa or Mahinmi?

    >: )

  14. #260
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's good. But isn't that what we got Plumlee for? Why give up 2 solid assets for the same thing? Especially when we could have just signed him.
    I wasn't commenting on the trade, I was replying to the people who were talking about highlights.

  15. #261
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird drafted Plum Jam... Walsh/Pritchard this deal. Bird was leaving, and he should never have been allowed to be in charge of the draft.
    I made this point earlier, but I feel compelled to make it again: Bird did not go rogue there. He knew that was his last day. He's worked with KP for a year. Donnie and KP were in the room. There is a 100% chance that they had to sign off on the pick before it was sent in. Calling that on Bird is complete horse ****.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  17. #262
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,740

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    quote from friend who is a diehard Mavs fan (also disclaimer) - "All I can say is one thing - glad y'all value him more than we do. On a serious note, he's a solid center. Not superb, but no doofus."

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  19. #263
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,745

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Can't go wrong at 4mil per. He's 25 yrs. old with his size, length, foot speed, jumping ability and skill set. He will be able to work with Roy and get better skills. I really like the 2 of them for the next 4 yrs (better deal then I expected, love the 4 years). I think Ian is the best pick up for the Pacers backup center this off season and I'm not saying this just cause we got him. I've posted him in other thread in the last week or so.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  21. #264
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** it, I'll bite.

    We got a wildcard off the bench. Small contract, so really no risk, but hardly a guy you throw out on the court and know what you are going to get.
    We did get a defensive minded big who can pair with Roy or West in frontcourt, but we did it by trading a serviceable starting point guard and a decent veteran wing. On top of that, we supposedly used our first round pick to draft a guy to fill that exact role. So that doesn't make a whole lot of sense just yet.
    We haven't gotten Augustin yet, therefore I will not count him amongst my chickens. If we get him for Hansbrough, I'm a little more at ease, because as things stand at the moment, we have zero true point guards on this roster.
    I can't disagree with anything you just said. After we round out the roster I'll make the final call... No more changes is an iffy offseason (time would tell) but if we gain a solid backup Point that can start in a pinch it would be acceptable (could become good). Typical IN FO refuses to make the flashy move.

    I was born in the wrong state.

  22. #265
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I made this point earlier, but I feel compelled to make it again: Bird did not go rogue there. He knew that was his last day. He's worked with KP for a year. Donnie and KP were in the room. There is a 100% chance that they had to sign off on the pick before it was sent in. Calling that on Bird is complete horse ****.
    yeah to say that was Bird and Bird alone is stupid. One, why would Bird do that? Two, why would the Walsh/Pritchard allow that? They agreed on the pick.

  23. #266

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** it, I'll bite.

    We got a wildcard off the bench. Small contract, so really no risk, but hardly a guy you throw out on the court and know what you are going to get.
    We did get a defensive minded big who can pair with Roy or West in frontcourt, but we did it by trading a serviceable starting point guard and a decent veteran wing. On top of that, we supposedly used our first round pick to draft a guy to fill that exact role. So that doesn't make a whole lot of sense just yet.
    We haven't gotten Augustin yet, therefore I will not count him amongst my chickens. If we get him for Hansbrough, I'm a little more at ease, because as things stand at the moment, we have zero true point guards on this roster.
    We just traded our junk that had little to no value. We got a little back but gave up little.

  24. #267
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,996

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Did we just trade DC, a legitimate NBA starting PG, and Dahntay Jones, a solid backup....basically for Solomon Jones?

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  26. #268
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't go wrong at 4mil per. He's 25 yrs. old with his size, length, foot speed, jumping ability and skill set. He will be able to work with Roy and get better skills. I really like the 2 of them for the next 4 yrs (better deal then I expected, love the 4 years). I think Ian is the best pick up for the Pacers backup center this off season and I'm not saying this just cause we got him. I've posted him in other thread in the last week or so.
    At this rate I think Roy needs to open a skills camp to hold all the bigs we have that he needs to improve...

    I agree Mahimi is a good pickup though... I'm iffy on the trade-in price

  27. #269
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Mavs fan here. Just gonna offer up my thoughts on Ian. He was a real baller for us, and really shined the the first half of last season.

    He's very athletic and can run the floor well. His offensive game is raw but developing nicely. At the post he has adequate strength to gain ground for a layup or with a solid hook. Goes up very strong and is decent at drawing fouls (and he's an above average FT shooter to boot). His face up game is underrated, though he was usually closer to the basket in the Mavs' system with Dirk operating in the mid-range.

    I found his defense more lacking, though. He's a bit lacking in fundamentals. Needs improvement on staying straight up on block attempts, and will commit A LOT of dumb fouls. He draw 5 fouls in 8 minutes in one game, setting a record. Definitely needs work there. However, he will compete and doesn't shy away from the competition. Versatile in size and athleticism, but he suffered against really big bodies like Bynum. His rebounding is inconsistent. Sometimes he is surprisingly soft in getting them, but that's cancelled out by the occassional epic effort rebounds.

    Overall, he's more than serviceable for a backup big man.

    The Mavs were in need of a PG to replace Kidd and a wing stopper. How are Collison and Jones?

  28. #270
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,469

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did we just trade DC, a legitimate NBA starting PG, and Dahntay Jones, a solid backup....basically for Solomon Jones?
    I would go that far. This guy had a solid place in Dallas' rotation and is apparently a really solid defender. He seems to be an upgrade from Lou and much more of a true C.

  29. #271
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Honestly if this means Lance getting more minutes, I'd still be ok with trading DC. We got younger, longer and bigger. What is not to like?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  30. #272
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I like how DC has universally become a legit starting point guard all of a sudden.

  31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  32. #273

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    It's kind of like two different transactions here. One is the signing of Mahinmi, which the Pacers could have done regardless. Then there is the salary dump the Pacers did in conjunction with the signing.

    The fact the Pacers resorted to a sign and trade suggests that at least one of Jones and Collison at their contracts had no value to anyone in the league. If they each could have been traded for future second round picks, the Pacers would have much rather done that and signed Mahinmi outright. And since they were packaged together for a player that Dallas could have just let go, it suggests that one of them had negative value that the other one had to make up for. Since there have been rumors that Collison has positive value for a while now, the logical conclusion is that Jones must have had negative value around the league, and Collison was used to help get rid of Jones's salary.

    The only way that strategy makes sense is if the Pacers are planning to use almost all their available cap space on outside free agents/trades. Otherwise, they could have dealt Collison for a pick (he almost certainly could have gotten some sort of pick, although I don't know how valuable it would have been) and just kept Jones. So if they have a plan in place to use all but 1-2 million of their cap, then using both of them together as a salary dump was possibly the only option to fit it all in, and there were probably few teams who had room to take on both of them. In that case, they used the trade value of Collison, but just in a different way than normal. If they don't use that much of their cap and had room to keep Jones, then they wasted whatever positive trade value Collison had (whether it was a little or a lot, I don't know).

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:


  34. #274
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    So with DC being out, and Pendy being brought here partially due to their relationship.....What does Pendy's future look like with the Pacers??

  35. #275

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly if this means Lance getting more minutes, I'd still be ok with trading DC. We got younger, longer and bigger. What is not to like?
    That we got worse in terms of basketball skills.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Dahntay and DC for Mahinmi?
    By Sandman21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. Ian Mahinmi
    By MaHa3000 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
  3. Source: Mavericks, center Ian Mahinmi agree to two-year deal [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
  4. Spurs exercise third-year option on Ian Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
  5. Spurs sign '05 first-round pick, French PF Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •