Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 551

Thread: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

  1. #226
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,080

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    ^ championship pedigree! ....right?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    I actually like Mahinmi. He has a presence on the court; I'm shocked his block numbers are as low as they are. To everyone wondering, he plays much more like a center than he does a power forward. I assume he can take the court with Roy, but he's more of a center.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  5. #228

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Bob Kravitz‏@bkravitz

    Don't know what inspired Collison trade, but can't imagine he was really happy after the Hill resigning. Sees self as a starter.


    Interesting point.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  6. #229
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Still can't believe that with teams that still need pg help like Houston (who also have 20 PFs), the Pacers couldn't get anything for DC. *sigh*
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  8. #230
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE.
    On the bright side, he can afford more Burberry ties now.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  10. #231
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bob Kravitz‏@bkravitz

    Don't know what inspired Collison trade, but can't imagine he was really happy after the Hill resigning. Sees self as a starter.


    Interesting point.
    Didn't DC tweet something like he was ok backing up Hill and just wanted to win. Or was that just PR bullcrap he was typing?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  11. #232
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still can't believe that with teams that still need pg help like Houston (who also have 20 PFs), the Pacers couldn't get anything for DC. *sigh*
    right you'd think that they would have made the most sense as a trading partner, dealing with cuban hardly ever works out in the other teams favor with nash being the exception to that rule

  12. #233
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    The key to the trade:
    ZachLowe_SI10:31pm via WebWhat's the difference b/w SAS swapping Hill for a cost-controlled player at position of need and IND swapping Collison for same?

  13. #234

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still can't believe that with teams that still need pg help like Houston (who also have 20 PFs), the Pacers couldn't get anything for DC. *sigh*
    I still can't believe this happened at all. These are the reasons the Pacers stay stuck in noncontender land. Absolutely no excuse for trading away assets for marginal players at best.

  14. #235
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still can't believe that with teams that still need pg help like Houston (who also have 20 PFs), the Pacers couldn't get anything for DC. *sigh*
    Houston is about to acquire Howard I doubt Houston is looking to give up any bigs right now.

  15. #236
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,080

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Houston's not trading for anything not named Dwight Howard right now

  16. #237

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The key to the trade:
    A lotto player who fell to the Pacers and has done more for the Spurs in one season than Ian's whole NBA career.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  18. #238
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Let me get this straight. We got a scorer off the bench that also backs up Danny, a defensive big that could pair with Roy or West, and possibly a better distributor than DC and everyone is mad?

  19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:


  20. #239

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ZachLowe_SI10:31pm via WebWhat's the difference b/w SAS swapping Hill for a cost-controlled player at position of need and IND swapping Collison for same?
    Something of value coming back...?

  21. #240
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    We're addressing needs, just from that $5 DVD bin in Wal-Mart I can't help but dig through... I'm interested to see the results

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:


  23. #241
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The key to the trade:
    Here's the difference: Darren Collison probably isn't going to get a contract like George Hill just got. Oh, and Kawhi Leonard's ceiling in the NBA isn't "slightly above average backup."

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  25. #242
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me get this straight. We got a scorer off the bench that also backs up Danny, a defensive big that could pair with Roy or West, and possibly a better distributor than DC and everyone is mad?
    Welcome to the twilight zone

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  27. #243
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me get this straight. We got a scorer off the bench that also backs up Danny, a defensive big that could pair with Roy or West, and possibly a better distributor than DC and everyone is mad?
    Welcome to PD in the offseason. Especially during a drought.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  28. #244

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're addressing needs, just from that $5 DVD bin in Wal-Mart I can't help but dig through... I'm interested to see the results
    Just spend 10 more years of these type of signings and you'll get it..

  29. #245
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    322

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Here's a small mix:


  30. The Following User Says Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:


  31. #246
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,080

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    sweet. layup lines and d-league.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  33. #247
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default

    Ugh.

    Mahinmi is a below average center.

    Dallas has to be laughing their a**es off.

    What a miserable trade.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  35. #248
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    4 mil a year for a strong, athletic backup 4/5 seems pretty reasonable.

    Trading DC straight up for him? I'm not sure I get that. I thought his value was higher.

    I really liked Jones as a player... But I never could shake the feeling that we were a worse team when he was on the floor. I don't know why, but we often just seemed "out of sync" when he was in, even when he was playing well.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  36. #249
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,740

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugh.

    Mahinmi is a below average center.

    Dallas has to be laughing their a**es off.

    What a miserable trade.
    They are. I have a friend who's a hardcore Mavs fan from Dallas. I haven't heard the end of it all night.

  37. #250
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's the difference: Darren Collison probably isn't going to get a contract like George Hill just got. Oh, and Kawhi Leonard's ceiling in the NBA isn't "slightly above average backup."
    It's because Darren Collison isn't better than George Hill that we're trading him, why he won't get a contract like Hill just did, and why he won't fetch a player like Leonard.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Dahntay and DC for Mahinmi?
    By Sandman21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. Ian Mahinmi
    By MaHa3000 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
  3. Source: Mavericks, center Ian Mahinmi agree to two-year deal [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
  4. Spurs exercise third-year option on Ian Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
  5. Spurs sign '05 first-round pick, French PF Mahinmi [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •