Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ian Mahinmi to Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hang on why the hell couldnt we just have signed Mahinmi for nothing he was a free agent?
    We probably wanted to lose a roster spot and gain a little cap room, or at least not have to deal with paying this guy and Dahntay and DC.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The guy is decent....on both ends...can play both pf and c....this looks like a total precursor to mayo....time will tell.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

damn i really like this move... Ian is a great i mean great defender... he's big strong... but i am going to miss DC and Dahntay... i say Mayo or Lee are coming now

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly....I think Tyler is on his way out the door.

Hibbert/Plumlee
    West/Mahinmi

Can we get in on some collateral benefit from a Dwight Howard 3-team trade now? I mean damn, couldn't even get Dallas to throw in a 1st round pick for Collison and DJ? I'm glad for DC though. He deserves another chance, and at least he wasn't sent to Charlotte.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

HC

Don't mind Mahinmi himself, he seems decent enough, probably much better than Lou, but without a FA signing to complement this we gave up a shitload to get this guy.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    damn i really like this move... Ian is a great i mean great defender... he's big strong... but i am going to miss DC and Dahntay... i say Mayo or Lee are coming now
    How do others feel about his defense?

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Don't mind Mahinmi himself, he seems decent enough, probably much better than Lou, but without a FA signing to complement this we gave up a shitload to get this guy.
    This. Mahimi's OK depth. But moving DC for him is just terrible value. I mean, it's gotta be.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think this is the last move we make before locking up George and Roy.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA
    Indiana is pursuing a trade with Charlotte for restricted free agent point guard DJ Augustine, sources tell Y! Sports.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

We're trying to get Augustine from Charlotte

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Indiana is pursuing a trade with Charlotte for restricted free agent point guard DJ Augustine, sources tell Y! Sports.

Hans for DJ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hang on why the hell couldnt we just have signed Mahinmi for nothing he was a free agent?
    I'm quite sure it was done to free cap space, not add more.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kmjohnson For This Useful Post:

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post

Hans for DJ?
    That would be highway robbery.

God I shudder to think of the contract Augustin will get...

I like Mahinmi. When it was still in doubt whether there would be a match on Hibbert, Mahinmi was a FA I mentioned in some random thread. He's a promising young dude.

HOWEVER, to drop both Collison and Dahntay to get him is a headscratcher. On top of that, we just drafted a back up C, so...??

But Mahinmi isn't a bum and will be worth his $4mil per.

Well, I am going to calm down here and wait for the inevitable flurry of other moves.

It's obvious they are coming. We aren't going into the season with Hill/Stephenson as our PG duo.

I will say though, I am bummed to see DC leave, I've grown to really like having him around.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Yes. He's a UFA. That means we just used DC to salary dump D. Jones. And that must mean we're planning to use the cap space for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    so..now we have no actual PG on the team. Good.
    Made me laugh. But yeah, haven't you heard that 2 combo guards = 1 real PG? Or at least that seems to be the Pacers' FO's theory.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Almost 100% of us knew Plumlee could not step in on day one & me a solid back up.

So now we flip out when the Pacers go out a get a vet to back up the 4 & 5 while Plumlee learns. This also pushes Tyler down the depth chart too.

There is sure to be another signing.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

The Spurs, who have been in need of bigs since like forever gave up on him before he went to Dallas who needed bigs. I too hope this leads to something else.
    Last edited by SycamoreKen; 07-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Naptown Born and Raised Blackhawk4's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ApNeDtRiEeW View Post
    Honestly....I think Tyler is on his way out the door.

Hibbert/Plumlee
    West/Mahinmi
    I wouldn't mind this, but Mahinmi for 16 million over four years seems a little bit much. I don't think he was overpaid by a mile or anything, but watching him (at least when he played against the Lakers) there was nothing that stood out about it in a good way. I'm going to try and view this with an open mind, but it's hard when I've seen him face Bynum and Gasol multiple times. We have to get Lee, Mayo or somebody to at least smooth this over cause people are not to happy about this...

Overview: A gifted, young, and athletic power forward who lacks the experience and polish to see significant minutes. Possesses good size and length for his position, and has packed on some muscle to his still somewhat skinny frame since entering the NBA. Displays good mobility and gets off the floor well. Nice athleticism for his size despite injury history. Intriguing physical tools along with rebounding and shot blocking instincts made him a prospect coming out of France. Spent two additional seasons in France after being drafted late in the first round by the Spurs. Showed some signs of improvement, a trend that has continued in his time playing with the Spurs’ NBADL affiliate, the Austin Toros. Still could develop into a nice roleplayer, but needs to stay healthy. Missed almost all of the 2008-2009 season with a bad ankle. Needs to get the development of his offensive game back on track and play minutes wherever he can in San Antonio’s organization.

Offense: Developing offensive player who shows flashes of potential. Gets most of his touches in the post or as a hustle player. Used to show extremely good lateral quickness that allowed him to create easy opportunities for himself on the inside and out. Time on the sidelines has hurt his explosiveness to a small degree and has generally slowed his development. Still able to use his speed to do some things in the post. Lacks the strength to consistently establish deep position, but shows a nice running hook over his left shoulder as well as developing turnaround and face up jumper. Displays very nice touch with his right hand around the rim across the board. Length makes his hook extremely difficult to block. Jumper is still a work in progress, looks capable when he has time and space, but lacks the mechanics to get good touch on every shot. Capable finisher around the basket who is able to do some damage on the offensive glass with his length. Gets to the line at a very good rate. Will go up strong when he has a lane to the rim. Needs to continue working on his post repertoire and left hand to take full advantage of the attempts he gets around the rim. Can put the ball on the floor with his back to the basket to get in better position to score, but is still a bit turnover prone. Will have to continue polishing his game from the midrange in to cut down on mistakes. Not much of a passer, but displays better vision than he did in his younger days. Has some obvious tools and potential, but definitely a work in progress on the offensive end.

Defense: Has very nice defensive tools, but still lacks the fundamentals to stay on the floor for extended minutes in an NBA setting. Length and athleticism allow him to effectively defend the midrange and contest shots, though his lack of physical strength hurts his ability to defend the paint against more experienced back to the basket scorers. Gets quite a few of his blocks defending the ball one-on-one. Needs to do a better job going straight up when he’s rotating over from the weak-side. Still prone to hacking shooters, leading to foul trouble. Got a free pass during his time in the NBADL, but will need to continue improving his discipline to help himself translate to the NBA level. Quick hands and feet for a big man, could stand to add weight to become a more complete package defensively and improve his ability to box out and battle for position on the block.

From DraftExpress.com

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Part-2--3307/
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 07-11-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Terrible trade. I posted this on the other thread:

In 21.8 MPG Tyler Hanbrough averaged 4.4 RPB
    In 18.7 MPG Mahinmi averaged 4.7 RPG

Essentially we are trading two very serviceable guards for a C who averages slightly more RPB than Tyler and half a block per game.

In a league going small is it necessary to give up two quality pieces for a guy who plays the same position as Hibbert and Plumlee? This makes no sense.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    How do others feel about his defense?
    Hes quite good...Im guessing most here dont really know about him or have seen him play much. If so...well. There wouldnt be the backlash. Hes your 1st big off the bench now. And could play alongside either West or Hibbert. And if such a thing is possible, is a decent complement to Tyler...meaning hes about as good as u can get to put alongside him...will be way better next to him than Amundson. I havent been superenthused about Mayo joining and deep down still have my doubts. But this really seems to lay the groundwork for him coming.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post: