Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 67 of 67

Thread: Colts will black out if not sold out.

  1. #51
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    There are no experts when it comes to predicting the outcome of future sporting events. One does not need any sort of work experience, training, or certification. It is a crap-shoot, which is why there are so many surprises in sports every single season because the "experts" are throwing darts against the wall.

    Reggie Wayne had a great season with terrible QB play. The TE position has been improved. The o-line is no worse than it was last season. Jeff Saturday is over the hill and his loss is not significant.

    The QB position has been significantly upgraded which is by far the most important position in the game. The Colts were close to winning several games with Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter at QB. Luck will be able to make the plays to win a few more games. Improving on 2-14 won't take much.

    Oh, and did I mention that the head coach isn't a buffoon anymore? Game plans will be adjusted and the team will be prepared in every game.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 07-14-2012 at 08:16 PM.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are no experts when it comes to predicting the outcome of future sporting events. One does not need any sort of work experience, training, or certification. It is a crap-shoot, which is why there are so many surprises in sports every single season because the "experts" are throwing darts against the wall.

    Reggie Wayne had a great season with terrible QB play. The TE position has been improved. The o-line is no worse than it was last season. Jeff Saturday is over the hill and his loss is not significant.

    The QB position has been significantly upgraded which is by far the most important position in the game. The Colts were close to winning several games with Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter at QB. Luck will be able to make the plays to win a few more games. Improving on 2-14 won't take much.

    Oh, and did I mention that the head coach isn't a buffoon anymore? Game plans will be adjusted and the team will be prepared in every game.
    Two or less wins......

  3. #53
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    I think you're forgetting that olblu is the illegitimate son of Miss Cleo. He knows what will happen over the next 5-10 year period. In fact, he is not allowed to bet on teams any more due to his knowledge of the future.

    We are lucky that he is on here willing to share his infinite wisdom with the rest of us.

  4. #54
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,253

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're forgetting that olblu is the illegitimate son of Miss Cleo. He knows what will happen over the next 5-10 year period. In fact, he is not allowed to bet on teams any more due to his knowledge of the future.

    We are lucky that he is on here willing to share his infinite wisdom with the rest of us.
    I just wish he wouldn't spoil the season for us. Next thing he will go ahead and post game scores before they've been played...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're forgetting that olblu is the illegitimate son of Miss Cleo. He knows what will happen over the next 5-10 year period. In fact, he is not allowed to bet on teams any more due to his knowledge of the future.

    We are lucky that he is on here willing to share his infinite wisdom with the rest of us.

    Hey, my predictions on the out come of regular games is so bad that my friends call me Nostradumbass........

  6. #56
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,410

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    This is a really, really bad PR move by Irsay.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a really, really bad PR move by Irsay.
    I am in Florida and Tampa Bay has the same problem and they have elected to accept the NFL propossal and have all of their games televised. I agree with you that it was a bad PR move by Irsay but when has he ever shown the fans much respect? They are calling past season ticket holders like crazy trying to get them all sold. It is a big comedown from having a waiting list of over 5000. I think they will sell out most of the games but perhaps not if they start the season with a long losing string. People in Indy are spoiled and don't remember when they had real trouble selling tickets. Denver is sold out.......

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,331

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you that it was a bad PR move by Irsay but when has he ever shown the fans much respect?
    Compared to what other owners are doing what's the hate? May not sound like much but I can't remember other owners after a Super Bowl giving away real championship rings to fans. I watched Irsay give away 500 regular season tickets to fans in just one day during training camp. He's not perfect, but he sure isn't is dad either.

    P.S. One other thing.... maybe Peyton had a hand in not coming back. Once he found out Saturday was gone, Dallas Clark was gone, and others, just maybe Peyton wasn't as enthusiastic for a return too.
    Last edited by RWB; 07-16-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Compared to what other owners are doing what's the hate? May not sound like much but I can't remember other owners after a Super Bowl giving away real championship rings to fans. I watched Irsay give away 500 regular season tickets to fans in just one day during training camp. He's not perfect, but he sure isn't is dad either.

    P.S. One other thing.... maybe Peyton had a hand in not coming back. Once he found out Saturday was gone, Dallas Clark was gone, and others, just maybe Peyton wasn't as enthusiastic for a return too.

    Now there we disagee. If that had been the case, Peyton would have stepped and said so..... Irsay lied all season about Manning coming back until the deadline for season ticket sales passed. Then he dropped Peyton like a hot potato. I have no doubt he has done some good things but mostly I will remember the lies.......

  10. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,331

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now there we disagee. If that had been the case, Peyton would have stepped and said so.....
    Maybe, but you got the gray like me and have seen too much BS to be snookered by the (gee whiz, gosh almighty, gahlee) act by the angelic Peyton. Not saying Peyton is a fraud, but he can play an amazing game of deflection.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  11. #61

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Why would he say that he didn't want to be there when he could part ways as friends and have a great public image still? Nothing says I really didn't want to do this like tears/choking up at a press conference when parting ways.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  12. #62
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Who knows what Peyton actually wanted...

    Olblu does of course. He reads minds too

  13. #63
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,938

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Eh... It just means WISH TV (CBS Indianapolis) will be buying up the remainder of the tickets before the 6pm Thursday deadline. Just like they use to do because the ratings/advertisers will show that it is the thing to do. Yeah, the Colts as a team may not be worth watching, but eyeballs will be wanting to see how Luck is gonna do. The local TV station with the logo that looks like an "eye" will "pony" up to get those "eyes"!

    Wish 8 will be the ones really taking it on the chin... Or, in the "eye".
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  14. #64
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,276
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Honestly I think the remainder of the tickets will be bought, if only by scalpers. I don't think we will miss anything, but I, as well as lots of other fans who tried to stick around will be getting angry and turned away from the organization.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  15. #65

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    They wouldn't have turned down the 85% deal if they didn't think that they would sell out.

  16. #66
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by _The_Future_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just need some billionaire Colts fan to buy the rest of them
    How dare you call me out like that!

  17. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Colts will black out if not sold out.

    I agree. I don't think they'll fail to sell just 1,800 season tickets. But in a town like Indy, where fans are already fair weather to some extent, there is a danger of alienating the fanbase.

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD MY FARM!
    By Give Me A Break Larry!!!! in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 08:32 AM
  2. Colts now Rank 7th in Merchandise Sold
    By Frank Slade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •