Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Even Cal gave up on him at point though lol.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I view Marcus Smart as a pg so I dont know it will be close..

right now my order is Smart, Burke, MCW

also I still love Archie Goodwin and would still try him at pg but I wont list him because he is really a naturally SG.
    Would love for the Pacers to just get 1 of those 3 pgs. I'm even high on Pierre Jackson. Dude has athleticism and is just a winner. Only huge knock is his size.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Would love for the Pacers to just get 1 of those 3 pgs. I'm even high on Pierre Jackson. Dude has athleticism and is just a winner. Only huge knock is his size.
    and decision making + terrible shot selection at times...

but no way we get any of those 3 pgs. Also no way we can trade up for Ben Mclemore dude would cost us PG24 at least IMO. If he only cost Danny and picks then yes I would do that without thinking twice. That would solve our money issue and we would get a perfect fit and player for what Frank Vogel does.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Yeah, not a Pierre Jackson fan.

Mood

I would love to see Victor Oladipo on the Pacers, however I see him as a perfect fit for the Thunder who I could see taking him with the Raptors pick. They will likley look for a big with that pick but I cant think of a more perefct player for the Thunder's team. I love that kid's game fell in love with what he can do at the Knox Pro am a few years back and now is a complete player. He defends and now has range to go with it and he also has a pretty nice handle combo that with the work ethic he is gonna be a very good Brandon Rush type guy at the next level. Just a good basketball player who is so efficient and plays his role to a tee, kids just a winner.

I would love to see Victor Oladipo on the Pacers, however I see him as a perfect fit for the Thunder who I could see taking him with the Raptors pick. They will likley look for a big with that pick but I cant think of a more perefct player for the Thunder's team. I love that kid's game fell in love with what he can do at the Knox Pro am a few years back and now is a complete player. He defends and now has range to go with it and he also has a pretty nice handle combo that with the work ethic he is gonna be a very good Brandon Rush type guy at the next level. Just a good basketball player who is so efficient and plays his role to a tee, kids just a winner.
    would be a great addition and fits the personality of the team. i think one thing he'll be good at is getting to the rim whether off pick and roll or breaking his man down off the dribble. theres just not a lot of space in the college game.

i think we need a long athletic pf, david west just looks slow

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mrknowname View Post
    would be a great addition and fits the personality of the team. i think one thing he'll be good at is getting to the rim whether off pick and roll or breaking his man down off the dribble. theres just not a lot of space in the college game.

i think we need a long athletic pf, david west just looks slow
    I agree with the getting to the rim thing. I have always said he is more of an NBA player than a college player for that reason, and he has become a hell of a college player.

Lance and Victor would be a fun duo for us to mix and match with would make us even better on defense and more versatility on offense,

Mood

I view Marcus Smart as a pg so I dont know it will be close..

right now my order is Smart, Burke, MCW

also I still love Archie Goodwin and would still try him at pg but I wont list him because he is really a naturally SG.
    I like Goodwin as well, but his decision making sometimes is questionable, but good thing is that if he did play for the Pacers we could rotate him between the 1 and the 2 and just add to our depth, but again we will not have a shot unless we are in the lottery, also I know MCW has made some silly decisions, but I still have him as my #1 PG
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    I like Goodwin as well, but his decision making sometimes is questionable, but good thing is that if he did play for the Pacers we could rotate him between the 1 and the 2 and just add to our depth, but again we will not have a shot unless we are in the lottery, also I know MCW has made some silly decisions, but I still have him as my #1 PG
    MCW is good but his #s are a bit inflated IMO my ranking isn't based on background either . Ill take Smart and Burke easily over MCW. I just don't like him quite as much as some do for the NBA. I do like him as a potential starter but his numbers are a bit inflated.

although it doesn't hurt that scouts say Smart has franchise culture changing makeup. He has great work ethic and is a true leader and great teammate from the reports based on unbiased scouts.

Goodwin is also a good makeup guy from what I have read which is one reason why I would try him at pg some at the next level.

EDIT about to see what this UK team is made of the last 5mins at Vandy
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Sports Logo

Whose going to be available at the mid-20s that can contribute right away as a 7th-8th rotational Player?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

MCW is good but his #s are a bit inflated IMO my ranking isn't based on background either . Ill take Smart and Burke easily over MCW. I just don't like him quite as much as some do for the NBA. I do like him as a potential starter but his numbers are a bit inflated.

although it doesn't hurt that scouts say Smart has franchise culture changing makeup. He has great work ethic and is a true leader and great teammate from the reports based on unbiased scouts.

Goodwin is also a good makeup guy from what I have read which is one reason why I would try him at pg some at the next level.

EDIT about to see what this UK team is made of the last 5mins at Vandy
    Yeah, I just like his game more than his stats, I do notice a lot of zone from Syracuse though and I wonder how he will fare in man though, only got to see smart play once, and Burke I have seen him a decent amount, maybe I will checkout some more Smart, but of now I have MCW above Burke.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Yeah, I just like his game more than his stats, I do notice a lot of zone from Syracuse though and I wonder how he will fare in man though, only got to see smart play once, and Burke I have seen him a decent amount, maybe I will checkout some more Smart, but of now I have MCW above Burke.
    I have watched most of all 3s seasons(although a lot of Trey Burke's I haven't watched yet still on the DVR) I have MSG and YES network and they show most of the Cuse games that don't get shown on ESPN3. FS Oklahoma puts on a loot of Ok state games along with Foxs south and a few other channels in the 600s of my cable package.

Direct is really nice I get all the Root sports and almost every FSN hell I even get the Lakers new network. Only issue is I need a DVR that can hold more space gonna have to upgrade.

Anthony Bennett is a guy that is pretty intriguing. He will likely be like a Jared Sullinger or JJ Hickson type role player early in his career just a guy who dominates the glass and what not. I think after a few years he will develop into a Z-bo type player with more versatility he already has a very good handle for his size.

If you are looking for Marcus Smart games OK state has already been on ESPN3 10 times at least

The final 16 OK State games are on ESPN3 as well, College basketball in the last 4 years has got so much more accessible with espn3

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-state-cowboys
    Just click on the game and if it was on espn3 it will let you watch it.

EDIT: Also just found this new write up of his while getting the mock draft was done yesterday http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...cus-Smart-4061
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-11-2013 at 01:01 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Yeah Oladipo would work well on this team. He and Paul on the perimeter would be a terror. I agree that he would fit on OKC as well. Wouldn't be a bad fit on the Clippers either. Don't really know where he is going to go right now though. That story is still being written.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Whose going to be available at the mid-20s that can contribute right away as a 7th-8th rotational Player?
    still way to early to know

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/

If draft express anywhere close to being right I would trade up for Marcus Smart in a heart beat but no way in hell he is going #22. I don't agree very much with their rankings but it is to soon to really know how things will shake out but I dont agree with a lot on that mock.

P4E what do you think of Isaiah Canaan? He will be around during our pick and I am trying to decide how I would feel about him. Don't really know if there's any bigs that blow me away in the 24-30 range so I am looking at backcourt guys first.

still way to early to know

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/

If draft express anywhere close to being right I would trade up for Marcus Smart in a heart beat but no way in hell he is going #22. I don't agree very much with their rankings but it is to soon to really know how things will shake out but I dont agree with a lot on that mock.
    Smart at 22? Lol. No way. Dude should be a top 10 pick IMO. DraftExpress being crazy. NBADraft.net has him 6 right now. Really like him. I don't know that he'll ever be a superstar, but he is one of those guys that can absolutely buy into a system and be a 10 year starter and maybe sneak into 1 or 2 all star games.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    P4E what do you think of Isaiah Canaan? He will be around during our pick and I am trying to decide how I would feel about him. Don't really know if there's any bigs that blow me away in the 24-30 range so I am looking at backcourt guys first.
    I haven't really watched him play this year. I wasn't a fan really last year I watched him quite a bit then. I personally would pass unless he has improved quite a bit in the areas that plagued him.

I think he is a much better NBA prospect than Ben though

EDIT:I like Ray McCallum as the small school pg in this draft. He should be around in the 20s only name I can really give who I know for sure should be available but even then the kid could rise he is a really good player and talent.

I agree Marcus is a fringe top 3 pick in this draft IMO. I would look to draft him that is for sure.

This draft is going to be a roller coaster though IMO no clear 1 and a lot could change based on how the first few dominoes fall.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-11-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Also, another reason I hate the Plumlee pick...Jeff Withey. If you wanted to take a big to maybe use as a garbage pail guy, Withey is superior to Plumlee in every way and is a superb defender and will be there later in the draft this year. We could have looked ahead to that IMO, but now we can't do picks like that two in a row, and it's not like Plums is adding value this year anyway. Just a frustrating pick.

I haven't really watched him play this year. I wasn't a fan really last year I watched him quite a bit then. I personally would pass unless he has improved quite a bit in the areas that plagued him.

Would you take a flier on Kabongo? I haven't seen much of Kabongo at all. I think I would take Canaan before him though. There's a lot of depth on the wing in this draft, so maybe that's just where the P's shoudl look.

EDIT:I like Ray McCallum as the small school pg in this draft. He should be around in the 20s only name I can really give who I know for sure should be available but even then the kid could rise he is a really good player and talent.

I agree Marcus is a fringe top 3 pick in this draft IMO. I would look to draft him that is for sure.

This draft is going to be a roller coaster though IMO no clear 1 and a lot could change based on how the first few dominoes fall.
    This is an NCAA tourney draft IMO, meaning March will decide most if not all of the order of the draft, there's no Durant vs. Oden battle going on or even Rose vs. Beasley. Guys who show up in March can significantly help their standing.

Mood

Would you take a flier on Kabongo? I haven't seen much of Kabongo at all. I think I would take Canaan before him though. There's a lot of depth on the wing in this draft, so maybe that's just where the P's shoudl look.
    No not at all a Kabongo fan. He is out for the year also so I dont really know what will happen with him. He should of just came out as a freshmen I bet some NBA team would of drafted him in the 1st due to his athleticism even though he isn't good at all.

agree 100% on Jeff Withey I was pissed he didn't come out last year would of picked him. He is Miles Plumlee in terms of he can jump, but unlike Miles he can play love how he commands the KU defense he will be a solid rotation big for many years. He just has court awareness Miles could only dream of.

Mood

Interesting guy that I saw listed late in the mock is Deshaun Thomas, I may be in the minority, but I like him better than the guy from MSU last year, and if you can get him as a role player that late in the 2nd I would take that in a heartbeat, he has slimmed down some, and seemed to be hitting his 3 consistently. He would probably always be a bench guy due to his size and quickness, but he can score and knows how to put himself in position to grab boards.

But I will echo what you are saying it is still early and I can see their draft board changing a ton.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

I think private workouts will be key for this guy, for someone who did not get a chance to play this year and did not show much last year, his development will really only be seen in those workouts, I doubt he squeezes into the first, but would not be surprised to see a team take him early in the 2nd due to his potential.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

I think private workouts will be key for this guy, for someone who did not get a chance to play this year and did not show much last year, his development will really only be seen in those workouts, I doubt he squeezes into the first, but would not be surprised to see a team take him early in the 2nd due to his potential.
    but a private workout wouldn't tell me anything, i'm sure he will look great in a private workout. I want to see how he has improved playing 5v5 that was where he sucked as a freshman.

I like Thomas too as a bench scorer at the 3/4.

Not a big Thomas guy, he is lazy. Maybe our team could light a fire under his butt, but he's really lazy.