Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
Results 1,601 to 1,619 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if Bennett slides far enough I hope Pritchard gets on the phone to see if there's a way to get him that makes sense. Our culture'd be great for him and he could easily be West's eventual replacement.
    That'd obviously be amazingly awesome, but given the Pacers history..it's pretty unlikely.

Pritchard has worked magic before though. I'd enjoy the fact of knowing he at least tried...IF Bennett were really to slide

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    That'd obviously be amazingly awesome, but given the Pacers history..it's pretty unlikely.

Pritchard has worked magic before though. I'd enjoy the fact of knowing he at least tried...IF Bennett were really to slide
    Right, not saying I'd be upset or anything if it didn't happen, just a "man, that'd be sweet" scenario.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Why can't there be news of CJ McCollum slipping? sheesh I really want the Pacers to get him.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Why can't there be news of CJ McCollum slipping? sheesh I really want the Pacers to get him.
    Start leaking out stories that he and Aaron Hernandez are bros.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

This is my top 30ish BPA list, I left out a few guys(mostly Euros that I didn’t have enough to make a conclusion on like Dennis and Antetoukounmpo. I also left out a lot of Americans some that I like a ton (like a Deshuan Thomas) and that I would be interested in drafting or signing, some I didn’t get to watch. Only two I left out due to total skill who may be a huge shock is Olynk and Steven Adams. Adams plays like he is 10 steps behind. Most mechanical player I have ever watched on tape. Terrible skill level, and he has a terrible motor. I wouldn’t touch him with a 10ft pole hope he proves me wrong really funny kid. Olynk probably plays as a backup, but I just hate his game especially if I was building a team he is a player I wouldn’t want. Been a great season ready for the draft though!!

Ben McLemore- I love this kid’s game. He does lack maturity and confidence at times. With that said. He has the best two way potential in the draft. He is already the best shooter in the draft and combine that with his defensive potential he can be special if a team develops him right and he has good work ethic. I think he becomes a better ball handler, and even if he doesn’t he will be an elite defender with elite shooting, and every team in the NBA would take that.

Victor Oladipo- Victor and Ben are very close. Victor has a motor that never stops, and the character you want in a player. If I was a team lacking heart and toughness I would take Victor over anyone in the draft. He is a franchise changer IMO with just how hard he plays and the type of work ethic he will display for a franchise. While he may not have the skill that Ben does he has the motor and the desire. For that reason I wouldn’t be shocked if he was the best player in the class he just works so hard.

Anthony Bennett- I really like his game. He is automatic from mid-range and even has a few post moves. I hate the fact he drifts and shoots the 3. I would prefer him playing within 15ft of the basket even though he has range. He is just a mismatch. I do worry over the motor, he boards on the offensive end very well, really reminds me of Zbo in that aspect of the game. I think he has the poental to be an average defender he just needs a lot of work. I think what we have here is a guy with legitimate 20 and 10 skills. He will really excel in PnR basketball. I am just glad he is away from the Rebels that was a bad situation IMO. He played on a very selfish team.

Otto Porter- He is just a really solid 2 way player. I came into the year calling him overrated due to preseason hype. I come out of the year calling him underrated. He may be the most polished player in the draft. He also has more upside than he gets credit for. He cuts so well without the ball. He was a perfect fit for what the Hoyas do. The NBA needs more guys who can affect the game without running a clearout or a PnR. I think he bring a lot to a team, and would be a great fit just about anywhere.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope- maybe my favorite guy in the draft. He has one of the best motors in the draft. He also has one of the best shooting forms in the draft. I love that he is a two way player he really gets after it on defense and is a menace in the passing lanes. He is quicker than fast and he is pretty fast. He has a lethal first step that in time should help him attack closeouts and even create a bit in ISOs.

C.J. McCollum- I read the comparisons to Lillard and I laugh. He just doesn’t have the feel for the game as Damian Lillard did in college. What he does have is an elite skill set to put the ball in the hole, and at the NBA level that is very valuable. I love how he finishes left and will go left. Many players are one way guys and CJ is not. Very crafty due to his ability to go both ways mixed with a very quick first step. I love his jump shot, and I love his interviews seems like a really good guy for any team. I do worry about his decision making in the paint though. With that said he should be a starting two guard in the league or an elite combo guard off the bench. Who knows maybe he proves me wrong and plays pg I just don’t like his instincts

Nerlens Noel- Hated his motor in HS games I watched. It became my favorite part of his game. He is a solid defender. Needs help on perimeter defense. It should improve in time, but really his only current NBA skill is playing hard and the weakside help. I think he would struggle 1v1 on decent players. I like him long term as a defender. His jumper and his offensive game really scares me. I must say he really surprised me due to how hard he plays. I will be rooting for him.

Trey Burke- I loved him as a freshman, but wow did he improve as a sophomore great decision to come back. I love his intangibles and leadership. I do think he takes way to many bad shots and question his lateral quickness.

Cody Zeller- Love him as a Horns high post big man for an NBA team. I think that is where he makes is money at the NBA. I hate that he gets put down due to staying in school and getting over exposed to scouts. To me he is what he is a semi athletic guy who will give you a ton of offense, not just scoring but passing and movement. He has a motor. He isn’t physical, and isn’t very long. I think long term that hurts him on both ends especially on defense. I loved his outlet passing and his help defense. He just makes a lot of plays that a winning player will make. I don’t see him with much upside, but he should be like a Patrick Patterson a guy who just plays smart, and is better than he gets credit for.

Jamaal Franklin- I love his motor. First he was on a team where he had to do it all. He led his team in everything. I like him in the NBA especially in a role where he doesn’t have to do it all. I do worry about his jumper. It is ugly Sam Young ugly. Not sure it can be fixed to. However he is so good going to the hope he can overcome that if drafted to the right team. He has defensive potential of an elite wing, and with his motor he could be special on that end with more coaching. He attacks the rim, and scores mid post like very few draft prospects I have watched can. I love watching him hit the glass, and then take it coast to coast al Lance Stephenson. I think he just does so much well, and has the work ethic that he will succeed at the NBA level. His ball handling check, passing check, and shooting well work in progress.

Alex Len- He is the most intriguing big man I have watched, and personally I believe I should rank him higher. He has such touch around the basket, and shows glipses of a great facup game and a backup game. If I interview the kid and liked his makup he would be in my top 5. I just feel he is a bit risky. I think I still gamble on him because he has talent you just don’t see. Great defense, and great offense(at times still developing and not always playing hard like so many big men are)

Archie Goodwin- I love Archie’s game and in 7 years could be a top 3 player in the class. He brings instincts and effort to both ends. I love his attacking style to both ends. He is so skilled going right. I project that in 3-5 years he will be almost unstoppable penetrating both ways. He will be a terror in transition again very Lance Stephenson Eric Bledsoe esq. His ball handling top notch at times and others he is shaky. I think it is a maturing process that is needed. Now the bad, his decision making in the paint needs work. We are talking about totally fixing his broke jumper. He realsticlly needs 2 years in the Dleague, but with the light at the end of the tunnel if I had a good support team and developmental staff I would love to draft Archie into the program.

Erick Green- Really he has no weakness on offense. He makes great decisions and attacks all game. With his high realease and solid handle he can do anything he wants on the floor. He is such a tough guy to guard. He played with the worst big men in the nation. I feel his assist numbers are deflated. He is a much purer pg than the numbers indicate. He is a pg in my mind no doubt about it. What I do worry about is
    his defense. Not sure he will be good on that end.

Reggie Bullock- He never makes a mistake. Your prototypical defense and 3 point guy. Not a lot of upside, but should be a plug and play guy. I love his motor and the way he plays the game on both ends.

Isaiah Canaan- Just a pure scorer. He does struggle with finishing with contact in the paint, but must do. I would hate him as my lead pg, he makes some really poor decisions IMO and he has some tunnel vision. With that said he is a great PnR guy, and can stroke it with ease. He did come off as a bit of a me guy on tape, but all he did is win at Murray State so I am not sure if that is true. I like his frame strong as an ox. I think what we have is a very good energy spark plug scorer off a bench in the NBA. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is a 15ppg in a few years in the league.

Shabazz Muhammad- Bazz is a one handed scorer who doesn’t defend. If you force him right he can be taken out of a game. If he plays hard all the time could become a nice 6th man. I just don’t like how one dimensional he is. He was a bit of enigma to me. Is that because of the situation or is that just who he is?

Tony Mitchell- He didn’t play hard at all this year, and was a huge disappointment. I liked him so much last year, and though he would improve over the summer and he didn’t he got worse. That normally means a kid hates basketball. I would take a flyer on him here, but if my job was on the line I would be scared.

Tim Hardaway Jr.- Lock down shooter, I like him playing in a system like the Spurs in the Danny Green role. He works his tail off and will be one of the hardest working guys on the team that drafts him.

Ray McCallum- First I’ll start with the negatives. He really needs to keep working on his jumper it was better last year, but still needs work. I love how he plays though. He uses pace, and is a really solid pg. He should be an NBA pg for a long time. I think he has starters upside, but much more likely he is a backup. Deceptively athletic he looks bulky, but plays fast.

Glen Rice Jr.- Talent alone he could go higher. I think he is so versatile on offense. If I was his coach I would put him in a ton of different places on the court. He also defends and rebounds. He is more skilled than most know, and also has a nice stroke. His backround scares me at this point in the draft I take a flyer on him.

Michael Carter-Williams- He is a love hate kind of prospect. I liken him to a bigger TJ Ford. I just don’t like my pg being such a terrible shooter combine that with the terrible, and when I say terrible I mean terrible, decision making I really do not like his game. Instincts are a tough thing to fix and his basketball instincts are not very good IMO.

Jackie Carmichael- another motor effort guy. I love his defensive skill and his rebounding. He put up good numbers in the Valley I don’t project those to translate. He doesn’t have much skill. He has a soft touch to 15ft and defense. I project him to be a good 3rd big someone a fan base falls in love with as does his coach.

Gorgui Dieng- Not a sexy pick. He is still raw on offense, soft touch though and good passer. He should be a solid defender, and a really good helper along with being great at helping the helper. Picking here getting a solid backup big is pretty good value.

Alex Abrines-I actually forgot he was draft eligible before I saw him in a mock the other day. He is really the only euro I feel like I know their game well. I left the rest of them off the list due to that. FC Barcelona is one of my favorite clubs overseas. What is not to like Narrvo is a magician and he has a pretty good player playing behind him in Abrines. First, this is a guy who stands out. He is a much better athlete than most in his league. He also handles the ball a ton when he gets PT. I project he becomes a ball dominate SG who can really help score off an NBA bench. He is still really raw. I would bring him over right now. I don’t think playing behind Narrvo will do much good for development. He may need a year in the D-league where he can play heavy minutes, but in a few years should be a solid rotation guy. He has the tools you look for great jump shot mechanics and a nice handle. He just needs time to learn the game. But then again stashing him overseas is a more cost effective development.

Tony Snell- Another D and 3 guy. I don’t like his feet, and really don’t like his movements. He is pretty timid and looks like he is going through the motions at times. I want to like him he has a ton of defensive tools(love his body), I am just not sure how he carves out his niche. He was really lazy on the boards and lacked the toughness most great D and 3 guys have. It is never to late to play hard so I won’t totally write him off he has shown flashes. I just hope he goes to the right team

Allen Crabbe- Crabbe is a terrific player off screens and shooing off the catch. He is a really bad defender both in help and on his man. He plays really high and looks stiff while playing. Shooters normally find a niche in the league though.

Mason Plumlee- Not much skill, and pretty soft in general. He is a solid screen, but struggles with contact. He may be best as a high post screener who boards a bit. He did score in college off garbage and some post up settings along in ball screens. I see him struggling with length. He should be a backup 5 again that has value in the league.

Jeff Whithey- Solid defender who really understands how to play. He won’t bring offense but should rebound block shots and protect the rim a bit.

Andre Robertson- Love his motor and effort. He doesn’t have skills outside of rebounding but I would take a flyer and hope you can develop him a bit more. If not you have a great defender who boards that has value in the league. Best comp I have is Aminu from NOLA.

Myck Kabongo- On my list based on defensive tools alone. Bad decision maker and jump shot is pretty broke. I also question his love for the sport . I do the same with Tony Mitchell. I hope this kid proves me wrong. He sure has the tools too.

Shane Larkin- I really only added him because I loved the way he played in college. I don’t think he is a NBA starter or even primary backup. The thing that really hurts him for me is size but more importantly how he hates contact. He will be a liability on defense, and I can’t see him being able to offset that on offense. He won’t be able to see the floor, and he will struggle in just about every area of the game. This is for me the hardest one to do, because I really love Shane Larkin. He made Miami my favorite team to watch all year.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

war woom's a go

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

war woom's a go
    Wow, wooks weawwy weady!
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Best case scenario: Pacers draft Giannis, trade up into second round and take Green or Canaan if available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

I say select Dieng at 23 if he's there. Can never have enough low post defense.

Buy the Nuggets pick at 27 and take Erick Green.

boom! Then look to trade Plums probably.

That would be Christmas early for me!!

Oh gosh, are we really going to have to listen to Bill Simmons all night during the draft?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    Oh gosh, are we really going to have to listen to Bill Simmons all night during the draft?
    yes, him and Rose are on the panel

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This is my top 30ish BPA list, . . .

. . . Archie Goodwin- I love Archie’s game and in 7 years could be a top 3 player in the class. He brings instincts and effort to both ends. I love his attacking style to both ends. He is so skilled going right. I project that in 3-5 years he will be almost unstoppable penetrating both ways. He will be a terror in transition again very Lance Stephenson Eric Bledsoe esq. His ball handling top notch at times and others he is shaky. I think it is a maturing process that is needed. Now the bad, his decision making in the paint needs work. We are talking about totally fixing his broke jumper. He realsticlly needs 2 years in the Dleague, but with the light at the end of the tunnel if I had a good support team and developmental staff I would love to draft Archie into the program.

Erick Green- Really he has no weakness on offense. He makes great decisions and attacks all game. With his high realease and solid handle he can do anything he wants on the floor. He is such a tough guy to guard. He played with the worst big men in the nation. I feel his assist numbers are deflated. He is a much purer pg than the numbers indicate. He is a pg in my mind no doubt about it. What I do worry about is his defense. Not sure he will be good on that end. . .
    Both you and Tbird say the same thing Green and Goodwin. Maybe the Pacers get an extra late 1st round pick and get the guys you both want.

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

war woom's a go

Is this the Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Is this the Pacers?
    Yes
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Yes
    Just saw the Indiana sign in the background

Mood

Watched the USA game yesterday held the Icoast to 29 points. They couldn't score on Payton and Smart in the backcourt that is a hell of a defensive duo.

Dante Exum is something else kid is ridiculously long.

China's big man is legit love this dues passing. Qi is going to be an NBA player if he keeps working. I want to see him play men though.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-28-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Sports Logo

Watched the USA game yesterday held the Icoast to 29 points. They couldn't score on Payton and Smart in the backcourt that is a hell of a defensive duo.
    I was in disbelief when I saw Ivory Coast's roster. It has to be one of the worst rosters I've even seen. 2 PGs, 5 PFs and 5 Cs. And 3 PFs that are 6'2. I mean, seriously??

China's big man is legit love this dues passing. Qi is going to be an NBA player if he keeps working. I want to see him play men though.
    China will play Ivory Coast tomorrow, right? Qi could easily drop 40 & 20 on such a small team.

I'm still unable to watch those games, though
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Dante Exum is something else kid is ridiculously long.

Might get to watch a lot of Dante. Seems to be an IU lean.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Can we start the thread for 2013-2014 prospects or is it too early?
    "We want Miami"