Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

  1. #126
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Michael Carter-Williams was 1rebound shy of a triple double. Damn. Really want this guy as the Pacers backup point.
    Back up?
    Why so SERIOUS

  2. #127
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,453

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back up?
    Yeah. He's not gonna start right away. Hill is the starting pg. And backup pg is where the biggest weakness lies.

    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  3. #128
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,585
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Michael Carter-Williams was 1rebound shy of a triple double. Damn. Really want this guy as the Pacers backup point.
    I want CP3. We have about as good a chance at getting him as we do Carter Williams. That dude will be gone long before we pick.

  4. #129
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,453

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want CP3. We have about as good a chance at getting him as we do Carter Williams. That dude will be gone long before we pick.
    Right now, yes. Who knows what happens by the end of the season. I say if Hill or West go down for any extended time, this team could be on the edge of the lottery.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  5. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now, yes. Who knows what happens by the end of the season. I say if Hill or West go down for any extended time, this team could be on the edge of the lottery.
    We could package some picks plus a player to move up...teams are in the lottery for a reason and we could abuse one of those teams easily

  6. #131
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,453

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could package some picks plus a player to move up...teams are in the lottery for a reason and we could abuse one of those teams easily
    Plus, everyone keeps saying this draft is weak. Might be able to move up with little cost.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  7. #132
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Shabazz Muhammad vs mclemore is what I'm focusing on this college season. Hard to decide which player I like more as an nba prospect.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  9. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus, everyone keeps saying this draft is weak. Might be able to move up with little cost.
    Exactly moving up may be cheap.

  10. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shabazz Muhammad vs mclemore is what I'm focusing on this college season. Hard to decide which player I like more as an nba prospect.
    I like Ben more currently he is a special player. With that said I need to watch more of both players everytime I watch Ben I just come away more impressed he's a stud.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-01-2013 at 09:27 PM.

  11. #135
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. He's not gonna start right away. Hill is the starting pg. And backup pg is where the biggest weakness lies.

    Yeah I know, I guess that was just my way of saying I really like what he offers, and think he has very good potential, he has good defense as well as offense, his vision is really nice and with PG becoming a much better catch and shot option putting those to together I think would be a nice combination, he would also help out West in a similar way.

    But yeah Hill would be starting next year for sure
    Why so SERIOUS

  12. #136
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now, yes. Who knows what happens by the end of the season. I say if Hill or West go down for any extended time, this team could be on the edge of the lottery.
    If West goes down man that will hurt, I think he is really the main reason for our wins this season, PG as well, but West to me is the key.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus, everyone keeps saying this draft is weak. Might be able to move up with little cost.
    They say every draft is weak... I think this typically means there are guys with potential but not production, typically freshman, and the upper classman are just role type players.
    Why so SERIOUS

  13. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Bazz is finally getting in game shape will be intersting few months to see who goes #1 my guess is Bazz.


    I hate to me so blunt about a kid and his game by my god Steven Adams is the worst basketball player I have watched in some time. Looks and plays like Miles Plumlee literally look like twins out there if anyone wants to see what Plumlee played like in college watch Adams most overrated spect in some time.

    Im sure he will get drafted due to being "a great athlete" even though like Plumlee he doesnt show on the court. Larry Bird was a great basketball athlete even though he didnt jump well same with Rubio Joh Stockton ect. guys like Adams who can just jump are not at all.

  14. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    LeBryan Nash kills me with his mental breakdowns love his game but gotta deal with big flaws with him. Marcus Smart is really really good but Ok State is to talented to lose this game. They just had way to many mental breakdowns. Wont win that way especially vs a well coached K st team gotta give Weber props. However OK state needs to really clean up the mistakes Nash, Brown, and Smart should lose like they did today.

  15. #139
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Surprised that Harris is playing this good this early, he really did not seem to have a consistent 3 going into MSU, I was surprised to see what he did against Purdue from 3pt range, also I am with you with Muhammad, not really sure there will be any better options for the #1 pick, have not seen Adams play yet though.
    Why so SERIOUS

  16. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Ben McLemore's arrival happening tonight. Kid is so special has 32 banked in the 3 at the buzzer to send it to OT. Whoever gets him is a lucky team. Going to be a fun few months watching these kids. Ben is #1 on my draft board right now. Like I said a few weeks ago favorite wing prospect since Paul George
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-09-2013 at 10:32 PM.

  17. #141
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Yeah Mclemore is great. He is much smoother than Shabazz right now IMO. Better body control, very fluid going to the hole. Lots to like about him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #142
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So lets just trade up to get Ben, is that okay with everyone?
    I repeat, "Sol lets just trade up to get BEN, is that okay with everyone?"
    Why so SERIOUS

  19. #143
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I know he's not in this draft, but if the Pacers can't get Trey Burke, they should sign former Wisconsin point guard Jordan Taylor. He's 6'2, and he plays just like George Hill. He's tough, great defender, can shoot the ball, create his own shot. He would be great for the Pacers
    Smothered Chicken!

  20. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know he's not in this draft, but if the Pacers can't get Trey Burke, they should sign former Wisconsin point guard Jordan Taylor. He's 6'2, and he plays just like George Hill. He's tough, great defender, can shoot the ball, create his own shot. He would be great for the Pacers
    If Jordan Taylor is 6'2 then im 7 foot. I disagree about Taylor not a fan at all for the league.


    I wish Burke would of came out last year had him about 26th on my big board would of been a great steal dude improved so much in one off season.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  22. #145
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Burke is probably going to go too high now to be honest. Which in our hopeful situation is OK with me as it should force a value guy down the board.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burke is probably going to go too high now to be honest. Which in our hopeful situation is OK with me as it should force a value guy down the board.
    no doubt he is a top 10 pick now IMO, In part due to the class but he is really good regardless. Burke at 8 is so much better than Kendall Marshall at 13 last year though, Burke is a much better spect and I liked him much better than Marshall last year so who knows maybe a team like NO would of took him last year in the top 10 if they feel in love. The talent was there last year he just made so many mental mistakes that he cleaned up and now is a complete player opposed to a specialist/w the talent to become more and eventually maybe a complete player. Now he is a complete player with the talent to become much more which is a huge leap in one year that most dont make.

  24. #147
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I think he's absolutely going to be the first PG off the board this year. It's just a matter of how high he goes. The draft is a getting a little deeper than I expected in the fall. There should be some good value guys 18-30 if you are smart.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #148
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's absolutely going to be the first PG off the board this year. It's just a matter of how high he goes. The draft is a getting a little deeper than I expected in the fall. There should be some good value guys 18-30 if you are smart.
    I view Marcus Smart as a pg so I dont know it will be close..


    right now my order is Smart, Burke, MCW

    also I still love Archie Goodwin and would still try him at pg but I wont list him because he is really a naturally SG.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  27. #149
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Oh man I would not want to try and shoehorn Goodwin into a point guard spot. He reminds a bit of Jamal Crawford. He has the handles to play the point and some mgiht try him there, but he should really be the scoring guard.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. #150
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh man I would not want to try and shoehorn Goodwin into a point guard spot. He reminds a bit of Jamal Crawford. He has the handles to play the point and some mgiht try him there, but he should really be the scoring guard.
    LOL I think I could get him molded into a good scoring pg on offense. Problem for me is his PnR defense it's worse than Lances was coming into to the league. Literlly might be the worst PnR defender in a few years in college ball. If he could get his PnR defense into just average I could see him being a solid pg. However if he cant defend PnR which is ran 90% of the time in the NBA no shot. I think his offense can be cured with just reps. He has never played the position if you be patient he will be fine IMO. He is a smart kid just needs time. I think Cal agrees with me he said day one of UK camp on espn all access uk hoops he thought Archie could become a decent pg in the future if a team is really patient with him.

Similar Threads

  1. Who Stays? Who Goes? 2012-2013.
    By WhoLovesYaBaby? in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
  2. 2012 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
  3. International prospects for the 2012 NBA Draft
    By Nuntius in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
  4. 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
    By Trophy in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 10:32 PM
  5. Reach in 2012 or wait until 2013
    By Really? in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •