Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been interested in Mozgov for awhile now. Walsh brought him to the Knicks then he was part of the Melo trade. He started for the Knicks at one time. He's stuck on the bench in Denver. "IF" Mahinmi could truly play PF, I'd like to get Mozgov as the b/u 5. From what I saw of him last season, he is big, rebs, plays decent "D", and I even saw him put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket which surprised me. I believe he's in a QO year at around 3.5 mil.

Pipe dream, Green for Mozgov with Iggy possibly leaving. Salaries match, and both Green and Mozgov would be playing in better systems for their games. If it would get a deal done, hrow in a future 2nd and the infamous Stanko, JMOAA
    Mozgov is nice. He has some post moves and can hit the occasional jumper. He is not as good of a finisher as Mahinmi, though, and his jump shot is worse than Ian's as well. But he's a real ox. He is big and strong. He is not particularly fast or nimble, though. Not a particularly good passer and a bit turnover prone. He is a rebounder that can play good D, though, and that's always good to have.

Hoopshype doesn't indicate a QO. His contract for the last season was $2,794,621 so a QO at 3.5 mil seems logical.

I'll tell you what. A back-up combo of Ian - Timofey with Miles as the 3rd (well, 5th in reality) big would be one of the biggest that the league has ever seen.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Mozgov is nice. He has some post moves and can hit the occasional jumper. He is not as good of a finisher as Mahinmi, though, and his jump shot is worse than Ian's as well. But he's a real ox. He is big and strong. He is not particularly fast or nimble, though. Not a particularly good passer and a bit turnover prone. He is a rebounder that can play good D, though, and that's always good to have.

Hoopshype doesn't indicate a QO. His contract for the last season was $2,794,621 so a QO at 3.5 mil seems logical.

I'll tell you what. A back-up combo of Ian - Timofey with Miles as the 3rd (well, 5th in reality) big would be one of the biggest that the league has ever seen.
    Shamsports has Mozgov down for $3.9M (see details in rollover):

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...es/nuggets.jsp
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    Shamsports has Mozgov down for $3.9M (see details in rollover):

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...es/nuggets.jsp
    Interesting. I went by Hoopshype. Thanks for the info
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I don't get this neg attitude about OJ who now has a year under his belt for Hardaway who has never laced up a set of sneakers on a NBA court. Too many are underesimating OJ for a nice new shiney draft prospect.
    I'm not saying OJ isn't good enough, but Hardaway would be a very nice pick for us. I want us to get Larkin, but he'll probably be gone earlier
    "We want Miami"

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post

Interesting. I went by Hoopshype. Thanks for the info

Wrong place to get the best info on salaries. Shamsports IS THE PLACE to get salary info.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Muscala barely shoots 50% from 2 point in the Patriot League. He was awful against Butler in the tourney. No thanks.
    he gain easily gain more strength. Thats his only major weakness.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Well, they do share the same agent (Bouna Ndiaye). Ndiaye also represents Batum, Fournier, Seraphin, Beaubois, and Mozgov.
    I really wasn't sure at all but I was thinking less about playing together due to age and more about Ian going to events and being supportive of young French players because we know he does follow those teams/players. He's mentioned stuff on Twitter.

So I was picturing him being at an event where maybe Gobert was playing, maybe even visiting with the agent (now that I know they share the same one) where they make a casual acquaintance.

As a player his length and hands make him really interesting despite his horrible lower body strength. I wouldn't stash him, I'd get him over to the NBA training staff and start developing his body as much as possible. I'd play him in the D-league obviously.

I don't believe in simply teaching tall guys. Rudy does show athletic ability for his height. Still it would be a gamble, and he'd never shoot like Smits.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    He definitely feels like someone we could grab in the second round. No reason to reach for him with our 1st round pick.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    He definitely feels like someone we could grab in the second round. No reason to reach for him with our 1st round pick.
    The Cavs could easily take him #31 or #33. Or OKC at #32. He's a skilled defensive big who's only major weakness is to gain strength. That doesn't come along very often.

The Cavs could easily take him #31 or #33. Or OKC at #32. He's a skilled defensive big who's only major weakness is to gain strength. That doesn't come along very often.
    We would certainly have to trade up in order to get him in the 2nd round, but we have shown the willingness to do so for players we want.

I could definitely see OKC potentially looking at him. His lack of any type of strength at all, combined with his lack of competition somewhat scares me.

He definitely has the size and some skills though. I would definitely prefer him over Olynyk thats for damn sure.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He is already 24 adding the strength he needs on that frame might not be possible. He has a really bad frame IMO. I don't think it will take much more weight. He is skilled, but I don't think he will be able to over come his strength to be a big time player in the paint. His post game will probably be negated at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He is already 24 adding the strength he needs on that frame might not be possible. He has a really bad frame IMO. I don't think it will take much more weight. He is skilled, but I don't think he will be able to over come his strength to be a big time player in the paint. His post game will probably be negated at the next level.
    He's actually only 21. He's extremely young for his class, so he has some time. But I agree, it'll be a little difficult to add the type of strength he needs while maintaining the fluidity and mobility that he currently has.

5 reps on the bench press is pretty pathetic for an NBA big
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 06-23-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Mood

He's actually only 21. He's extremely young for his age, so he has some time. But I agree, it'll be a little difficult to add the type of strength he needs while maintaining the fluidity and mobility that he currently has.

5 reps on the bench press is pretty pathetic for an NBA big
    My bad I could of swore he was 23. I just don't like his frame, but at 21 that 3 years of growth is a lot different. He is still a kid at 21 at 24 you are basically grown. I still question if he can add good strength, right now he can't play in the paint at the NBA level.

I also question his defense. I know he won DPOY in his conference (which means almost nothing for NBA defense). I just think he gets bullied on that end. I saw him get bullied quite a bit this season. Even in the games he played really well he was pushed around. He will make a GM look really smart or dumb on draft day. He is a guy I can't figure out in terms of if he will make it. But in the draft there is rarely sure things either way. I just think his case is even rarer than most. He has some tools , but he lacks in key areas needed to make the jump to the NBA IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    My bad I could of swore he was 23. I just don't like his frame, but at 21 that 3 years of growth is a lot different. He is still a kid at 21 at 24 you are basically grown. I still question if he can add good strength, right now he can't play in the paint at the NBA level.

I also question his defense. I know he won DPOY in his conference (which means almost nothing for NBA defense). I just think he gets bullied on that end. I saw him get bullied quite a bit this season. Even in the games he played really well he was pushed around. He will make a GM look really smart or dumb on draft day. He is a guy I can't figure out in terms of if he will make it. But in the draft there is rarely sure things either way. I just think his case is even rarer than most. He has some tools , but he lacks in key areas needed to make the jump to the NBA IMO.
    I agree that he is definitely either a big hit, or a big bust. He isn't my first choice, BUT the success (and presence) of Roy Hibbert could potentially pay dividends for Muscala. To be honest Roy is just now coming into his own himself as far as his body is concerned, but I'm sure Roy and the training staff could give this kid pointers on getting stronger.

The difficult part is the fact that he needs immense gains in both lower AND upper body strength. He's 234, so I would think the added muscle would push his weight towards 245-250ish. Can he still play with the skills he demonstrated at/around that size is anyone's guess.

I will say the more tape I watch the more I like him even though his lack of strength is quite noticeable against the good competition.

Mood

Some NBA officials were more than amused at a recent report that Sacramento, which has the seventh overall pick, was considering taking New Mexico’s Tony Snell. Most teams regard Snell as a late-first to early-second round pick. Racine Journal-Times
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#llAcPiKQQ0EU43eR.99
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Some NBA officials were more than amused at a recent report that Sacramento, which has the seventh overall pick, was considering taking New Mexico’s Tony Snell. Most teams regard Snell as a late-first to early-second round pick. Racine Journal-Times
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#llAcPiKQQ0EU43eR.99
    LOL there's no way...
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mood

I agree that he is definitely either a big hit, or a big bust. He isn't my first choice, BUT the success (and presence) of Roy Hibbert could potentially pay dividends for Muscala. To be honest Roy is just now coming into his own himself as far as his body is concerned, but I'm sure Roy and the training staff could give this kid pointers on getting stronger.

The difficult part is the fact that he needs immense gains in both lower AND upper body strength. He's 234, so I would think the added muscle would push his weight towards 245-250ish. Can he still play with the skills he demonstrated at/around that size is anyone's guess.

I will say the more tape I watch the more I like him even though his lack of strength is quite noticeable against the good competition.
    I have always loved his tape. The man is highly skilled, and has really a complete game. He has a solid motor plays hard shares the ball. He just can't do what he does in college in the NBA. He is just to little. I will be rooting for him to make it. I can't see him playing much until he adds a lot of strength. I can imagine him trying to guard Pekvoic or even Vucievic they are just to strong. His game actually reminds me a lot of Nic Vucievic. Nic just had an NBA body 7'4 wingspan 260lbs and NBA strength that is why he has become a good player. I loved Nic in college. He played hard and highly skilled great combo for a big.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

This draft seems to have more "yeah but" guys than I've seen in recent drafts.

So many guys that have obvious NBA strengths to go along with some glaring weaknesses within their game.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Since I did get an email from Canaan's agent Mark Bartlestein and Canaan posted on Instagram about being in Indiana, must be private workout

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Oladipo at 5 and Zeller at 10? I would love to see that.

Mood

also I got to that DJ Cooper tape on my PC, and I would pass so fast. Pass first pgs who can't shoot are a dime a dozen. I really don't like his game especially for us.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Anyone care to share their thoughts on Nate Wolters?

I personally dont care for him but Im interested what some of you think
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Not that high on Muscala. He wasn't very good against Butler. Granted Stevens defensive tactics have made NBA all-stars like Stephen Curry have bad showings, but I just didn't see a very good potential NBA big man.

I don't see us drafting anyone other than Isaiah Canaan or Erick Green