Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am REALLY starting to like Erick Green and Isaiah Canaan, would love to draft either one of them
    Started liking Green a while back, dude is nice...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

A Rockets draft rumor:

Marc SteinSome draft scuttle: Rockets have been offered chance to shed contract of PF Thomas Robinson for first-round pick in next Thursday's draft

ESPN reported in April that Rockets, widely seen as leaders in Dwight Howard chase, planned to shed Robinson so they can offer Dwight max

Rockets, I'm told, have eyes on fistful of international players they'd draft with a first for Robinson to keep overseas and avoid cap hit

I'm no @chadfordinsider, so hope I'm getting these names right. Players on Rockets' radar: Adetokunbo, Gobert, Karasev, Nogueira, Schroeder
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Started liking Green a while back, dude is nice...
    Never really watched tape on him until today, very good looking player, and I would feel confident with him or Canaan as our back-up PG next season

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I'm not sure I'm following your thinking. What can you really get when Lance makes less than a mil? Maybe some picks, but not much in a returning player.
    Where do you get that thinking from, he does not make much money, he showed a lot of promise, he played next to a strong group and was not really the focus of other teams defense, which could change if someone on our team gets hurt this season. Soon he will get a new contract so it is harder to make contracts work.

If you are going to trade him now would be the time.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    A Rockets draft rumor:
    Wonder which team it is?

Mood

Wonder which team it is?

Well they would need cap space available, and be a team not saving the cap space to compete for the top FAs... I have no clue.

Mood

rickbozichWord is that @PeypeySiva3 will workout for Indiana Pacers next week. Pacers have picks 23 and 53 in NBA Draft on June 27.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

rickbozichWord is that @PeypeySiva3 will workout for Indiana Pacers next week. Pacers have picks 23 and 53 in NBA Draft on June 27.
    I would definitely draft him at 53

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd be good with an all Louisville draft, Dieng 1st & Siva 2nd. Although I'm really starting to like Canaan.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Mood

A Rockets draft rumor:
    If West were to leave that would not be too bad of an option...
    Why so SERIOUS

Well they would need cap space available, and be a team not saving the cap space to compete for the top FAs... I have no clue.
    Suns and no.30 would fit the description.

Canaan as B/U PG and Siva in Bens role would be a nice start to the bench
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

DeShaun Thomas at pick #23. Speaks volumes to what the NBA has become when you have projects like Adams and Len being talked about as possible top 5 picks while players with the skillset of DeShaun are talked about as 2nd rounders...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Siva's shot is a problem, but his athletic ability and motor are solid
    Smothered Chicken!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    DeShaun Thomas at pick #23. Speaks volumes to what the NBA has become when you have projects like Adams and Len being talked about as possible top 5 picks while players with the skillset of DeShaun are talked about as 2nd rounders...
    By your logic the Pacers should have never drafted Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    By your logic the Pacers should have never drafted Paul George
    Go back and check that draft thread because I was one of the first on here to call for George to be selected. Athletic bigs who leave early before developing their skill set rarely become anything and only water down the league. All Len and Adams can do at this point is dunk. Unless you prefer a Blatche, McGee, or Jordan as opposed to a Gasol, Duncan, Hibbert...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Go back and check that draft thread because I was one of the first on here to call for George to be selected. Athletic bigs who leave early before developing their skill set rarely become anything and only water down the league. All Len and Adams can do at this point is dunk. Unless you prefer a Blatche, McGee, or Jordan as opposed to a Gasol, Duncan, Hibbert...
    You are 100% on Adams, but Len can do a lot more. He is a lot better than the tape showed. Playing with Dez Wells and the other selfish teammates didn't bode well for him. No doubt he is a project, but he is much much better than Steven Adams. I like him quite a bite.

On BCC reporter friend. You do realize the scouts and GM care a lot more about the tape than the workout right?? Your friend really has no clue what our board looks like if he is going on workouts. If we drafted on workouts we would of drafted MarShon Brooks(MG said he had the best workout ever basically). Thank god the FO watched his tape just like I did and decided he is awful and passed.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Siva's shot is a problem, but his athletic ability and motor are solid
    Tell you what, Siva looked A LOT better this season than he did the season prior. I remember seeing him in his (junior season, I think?) and was like wow...this guy is a MESS! He seemed to be a really good playmaker this past season and played a lot more controlled - I'd be very happy with him in the 2nd round.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I've gone back several pages but couldn't find it. Did anyone talk about the strong rumor that went out a few days ago that an NBA team has made a draft promise to one of the Euro players probably in the 2nd half of round 1?

I say this because DraftExpress and NBADraft.net both now have Rudy Gobert going to the Pacers. Has Gobert been in workouts for any teams? The tie in with that rumor was that you would look for which player shut down his workouts at that point, but then for some of the Euro guys they might not come over here anyway for workouts.

I have no opinion on this pick, just putting two different items together that would seem to make some level of sense. Then add to it what Sav and Justin said on page 54
    I mentioned yesterday about the possibility of a trade since the Pacers weren't working out 1st rd picks. Maybe we are on to something.

I wouldn't have a problem with Blake as a b/u PG, but I don't see the Lakers willing to take Green. Plus, surely the Pacers can draft a player at #23 with more potential for the future than trading the pick for Blake.
    Maybe they stopped looking at guys once they settled on a Euro they felt strongly about being able to get.

Also there is the obvious French connection with Ian. Not only would another Frenchman be on the team, but Ian would also be in touch with Rudy's development in France and I assume might even know him from basketball circles over there.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 06-22-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I've gone back several pages but couldn't find it. Did anyone talk about the strong rumor that went out a few days ago that an NBA team has made a draft promise to one of the Euro players probably in the 2nd half of round 1?

I say this because DraftExpress and NBADraft.net both now have Rudy Gobert going to the Pacers. Has Gobert been in workouts for any teams? The tie in with that rumor was that you would look for which player shut down his workouts at that point, but then for some of the Euro guys they might not come over here anyway for workouts.

I have no opinion on this pick, just putting two different items together that would seem to make some level of sense. Then add to it what Sav and Justin said on page 54

Maybe they stopped looking at guys once they settled on a Euro they felt strongly about being able to get.
    I'm really surprised that you haven't been doing more of your regular Scouting on the prospects like you usually do at this time of the year.

As to your rumor of some Euro Player getting some Promise.....is it possible that it's the Mavs...who not only wants to minimize the amount of Salary on the books for this upcoming season but is rumored to either trade out of the draft completely or trading down ( based off of rumors that they may trade down to the 19th spot while dumping Marion to the Cavs....which would put them in the 2nd half of the draft in the 1st round )?

Also...it's not like the Pacers haven't worked out Tony Mitchell and Canaan ( whose slated to go in the late 1st )?

Last edited by CableKC; 06-22-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

FWIW, Indy Cornrows talked with Gobert a week or so ago, and this is what he reportedly said:

http://www.indycornrows.com/2013/6/1...ut-for-indiana

After briefly speaking with Rudy Gobert, center from France (Cholet), he told me that he will not workout with the Indiana Pacers before the draft. If a prospect is not worked out by Indiana, that normally means there is a very, very small chance they will draft them. Since Indiana did not reach out to Gobert's agent, Bouna Ndaiye, you can easily tell the Pacers are not interested in drafting Gobert.

Gobert's draft stock has slipped by the week for the last month now. He was a high lottery pick before thedraft lottery, but now he is expected to be taken anywhere from 12-26. His range is one of the biggest for any prospect in this draft. If he is there at 23, it sounds like Indiana will pass on him. Rudy has worked out for Dallas, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Minnesota so far.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Not only would another Frenchman be on the team, but Ian would also be in touch with Rudy's development in France and I assume might even know him from basketball circles over there.
    I don't think that Ian knows Rudy. Gobert began playing professional basketball in 2010 and Mahinmi went to San Antonio in 2007.

Also, the chances that they met due to their NT are slim. Mahinmi played in the French NT in 2009 and 2010. Gobert started playing pro basketball in 2010 and played for their under-20 NT in 2011 and 2012. Gobert was called in by Collet (their NT coach) to help the French NT prepare for the 2012 Olympics and played in 2 friendlies. But Ian didn't play in that team.

They didn't play in the same teams either. Gobert played in Cholet while Ian played in Le Havre and Pau-Orthez.

There is only one possible link. Both Gobert and Ian were born in Northern France. Gobert was born in Saint-Quentin, Aisne which is located in the region of Picardy. Ian was born in Rouen which is located in the region of Haute-Normandie (Upper Normandy). Haute-Normandie borders with Picardy in the East. That's the only possible link that I can think of.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Well, they do share the same agent (Bouna Ndiaye). Ndiaye also represents Batum, Fournier, Seraphin, Beaubois, and Mozgov.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Well, they do share the same agent (Bouna Ndiaye). Ndiaye also represents Batum, Fournier, Seraphin, Beaubois, and Mozgov.
    Hmm, you're right. I didn't know that so thanks for the info. That means that they probably do know each other.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I would assume that that is a result of their nationality (all of them) except Mozgov
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!