Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the Spurs and especially the Heat I saw better team quickness. It was very evident on the defensive side.
    With that said I believe the Pacers need to add some quickness to the team especially at the point guard and at one of the pf,sf or sg spots if they want to have a shot at a title. I am not sure you can win a title with the plodders the Pacers have without addressing this issue.
    I somewhat disagree. It was pretty clear that our "plodders" did not have overwhelming trouble defending quicker offenses, so I think our defensive system compensates for that. On the offensive side, passing is ALWAYS faster than the fastest player, so focusing on positioning and good passing fundamentals (and hitting open shots and free throws) can compensate on that end.

I would not mind having a quicker player, but shaking up 2 or more positions to basically go smaller in order to be quicker is throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    My bad that was a typo I meant Lance+Canaan isnt worth CJ( like Lance plus #23) IMO.

I personally would stay at #23. I think Lance plus Canaan is a lot more dynamic than just CJ. Like I said Canaan is the perfect guy to pair with Lance on the 2nd unit. I think the only area that CJ is truly superior to Canaan is ability to finish at the rim. We have Lance who excels in that area. I just like the idea of Lance and Green or Canaan a lot more appealing to me personally. I still think Green's ability to draw fouls will play a lot on the next level. The way he shoots combined with his penetration ability is really good IMO. I really like his decision making when he penetrates as well it is really solid IMO. He isn't that athlete though, I still like him should be a great backup pg in the right system even with the athletic weakness. I love him for Thibs system and for ours.

Also note I only watched one game of CJ this year. I watched the Baylor game where he went nuts for almost 40.(still have that game on the DVR) I am basing most of my assignment on last years tape which I watched a ton of. I figured he was coming out last year. He is only 21 I mean he could of improved a lot. Lillard made his jump after an injury. It could of been a blessing if he worked on his weaknesses.

I still like Erick Green+ Lance as option 1A. I do agree with Tbird Canaan is a lot tougher than most and is tougher than Green, but I love Green's skill set on offense for our squad. He is a scoring pg, but he is a pg who makes good reads. I wouldn't be mad with either one. I think both of them have pros and cons. I think Cannaan is the grittier defender and more physical in general, but I feel Green is better on offense especially in penetration. Green plays with pace that I was talking about earlier.
    Is the #23 spot too early to pick Erick Green? Most mocks have him drafted in the early 2nd round. Not

I like that he can get to the rim and FT line a lot. Wasn't Green top 5 in FTM and FTA last season? Add in that he has a clear knack for scoring and being somewhat capable of running the point.....I like him as our back up PG option.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Is the #23 spot too early to pick Erick Green? Most mocks have him drafted in the early 2nd round. Not

I like that he can get to the rim and FT line a lot. Wasn't Green top 5 in FTM and FTA last season? Add in that he has a clear knack for scoring and being somewhat capable of running the point.....I like him as our back up PG option.
    According to Chad Ford's tier article, after the first 12 players the next 30 can go in any order. It's really just up to what the teams value and want out of their pick.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Draftexpress has Schroeder going #21 to the Jazz. He is the exact type of player the Pacers need. A short quick point guard with a long wingspan who can guard other small quick point guards. He is in the very small minority of short point guards who has an exceptional wingspan. (Beverley and Rondo)

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    In the Spurs and especially the Heat I saw better team quickness. It was very evident on the defensive side.
    With that said I believe the Pacers need to add some quickness to the team especially at the point guard and at one of the pf,sf or sg spots if they want to have a shot at a title. I am not sure you can win a title with the plodders the Pacers have without addressing this issue.
    I wouldn't consider Lance, Paul, Danny (when he's back) to be plodders. I wouldn't consider West a plodder relative to Haslem. Hill is a plodder relative to a healthy Tony Parker, but so are about all but 5 PGs in the league. I think he can hold his own, athletically, relative to Chalmers.

I still think shotmaking without sacrificing defense is where we fall short, particularly with Lance, DJ, Tyler, Sam, Ian... the usual suspects.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I wouldn't consider Lance, Paul, Danny (when he's back) to be plodders. I wouldn't consider West a plodder relative to Haslem. Hill is a plodder relative to a healthy Tony Parker, but so are about all but 5 PGs in the league. I think he can hold his own, athletically, relative to Chalmers.

I still think shotmaking without sacrificing defense is where we fall short, particularly with Lance, DJ, Tyler, Sam, Ian... the usual suspects.
    I thought the Pacers were fast enough, but just had too many turnovers. especially under any kind of pressure.

I'm hearing the Pacers will most likely pick between Isaiah Canaan, Tony Mitchell. And Kelly Olynyk as their pick

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post

I'm hearing the Pacers will most likely pick between Isaiah Canaan, Tony Mitchell. And Kelly Olynyk as their pick
    I hope you are hearing wrong as to Michell and Olynyk, especially Mitchell. Canaan is one of the players I like.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post

I think when you put them all together you have a problem. I am advocating any back up players there quickness be
    taken into account. So obviously point guard is a huge issue. And one of three sf,sg or pf need to be more mobile.
    Shot making is another huge issue and you hope shooting % will increase from maturing and practice and execution.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Scott AgnessPacers workout group for Sat.: Matt Dellavedova, Angelo Sharpless, Jamaal Franklin, Zeke Marshall, Jeff Withey. http://on.nba.com/14nxCZi
    Two possible 1st rounders in the group.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Not anything against what you're saying, but how would you know this? I don't doubt you may know someone in the Pacers organization, but i doubt Pritch and Donnie are letting everyone who works there know their plans.

Althougj Id be happy Canaan just curious as to who would be telling you this.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Two possible 1st rounders in the group.
    Dellavedova, huh? I saw him on the Olympics. Interesting player. Good size and a good shot. I'd like him as a 2nd round pick
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Dellavedova, huh? I saw him on the Olympics. Interesting player. Good size and a good shot. I'd like him as a 2nd round pick
    Yeah me too.

Mitchell would be a Plumlee level pick possible even worse
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Agreed. We need bench help NOW. Mitchell wouldnt even be able to contribute for another 2 years at the minimum. Hes just so incredibly raw. Now if our bench didnt have to be completely re-done and wasnt the worst bench anyone could imagine, I wouldnt mind taking a shot on Mitchell.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

I'm hearing it from people, I don't have a link

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Not anything against what you're saying, but how would you know this? I don't doubt you may know someone in the Pacers organization, but i doubt Pritch and Donnie are letting everyone who works there know their plans.

Althougj Id be happy Canaan just curious as to who would be telling you this.
    Just from a friend of mine in the media who go off of what they hear from workouts. How well they preform, what they hear inside the Pacers organization etc. though just like any person, he could be completely off on this, and with someone like Jamaal Franklin coming in, he could easily change their plans

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

I think he's rated higher than what scouts are saying right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes top 20. He reminds me of Norris Cole, he could be an important asset on a winning team.

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    I think that Mitchell is more of a gambling/high risk type of draft pick. He's raw and has all the athelticsm and tools to be a very good player....but not enough brains to figure out how to use them.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I didn't think the Mavs would be able to get rid of Marion's salary without at least losing the pick altogether, but this makes sense. The Cavs could use a vet forward.

Sports Logo

I'm reading that the Mavs don't even want to have a 1st round draft pick.....even if they move from 13 to 19.....my guess is that a Team under the Cap that can send back a TPE will take on Vince Carter + 19th pick for a TPE+2nd round pick.

Also, sources tell SheridanHoops.com the Cavs are in serious discussions to acquire Shawn Marion from Dallas in a lopsided trade that would allow them to move up from No. 19 to No. 13 in the first round by relieving the Mavs of Marion’s $9.3 million salary, allowing Mark Cuban more salary cap flexibility to use on July 1.
    If this happens, I would love to trade for Dallas' #19. I think we're on the cusp of a high-potential player falling to us, but jumping up to #19 would seal the deal. Otherwise, I'd prefer to trade down (if not out, for a veteran) for two late first-rounders.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

I am REALLY starting to like Erick Green and Isaiah Canaan, would love to draft either one of them