Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Am getting caught up on some players watching Ben McLemore and was literally about to post he reminds me of a better athlete version for Brandon Rush. Then Fran Fraschilla brought it up on the broadcast. They really do remind me of each other both terrific shooters who's handles are suspect with silky smooth jumpers and smart players. But man on defense is where they look like clones. Ben a gamer like Rush love watching this kid play.

I think Ben will end up much better offensively he has some more tools than Brandon(his quickness is insane).

15+ppg(he should be able to do at the NBA level in a few years) and great defense is not to shabby. He defiantly he my kind of player a gamer.

Doug McDermott against California...

34 points on 10-17 shooting and 10-10 FT's and 9 rebounds.

He is a junior.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could get on board with LeBryan Nash his versatility would really make our 2nd unit better. I would probably plug him in as the backup 4 from day one. I think he can play both the 3/4 at the NBA level but he really intrigues me as a face up 4. His handle would give us so many options offensively I really love his power post game. He would fit what we do.
    Thought he was more of a 2/3 than a 3/4, at only 6'7" seems like it would start a lot of matchup problems, has he been playing a lot better this year, I know last year he was really struggling early on.... badly
    Why so SERIOUS

I think Victor Oladipo will be a solid pro, not worth a lottery pick or anything but an early second. He's small but he plays good D, is very athletic, and actually hit a shot against Butler. He's a good guy to have on a bench. I'm not high on Cody Zeller at all though.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I think Victor Oladipo will be a solid pro, not worth a lottery pick or anything but an early second. He's small but he plays good D, is very athletic, and actually hit a shot against Butler. He's a good guy to have on a bench. I'm not high on Cody Zeller at all though.
    I would draft Victor in the 20s of this draft maybe even sooner. He is one of thoes guys who's game fits the NBA better. Plus with his work ethic and what not that is what you want on your team. Skills wise I love the way that kid plays basketball. MCW got caught shoplifting how stupid can one be?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

In my opinion if Oladipo goes pro, and he is there when the Pacers draft you draft him. He might not be a lottery pick, but he is too good to pass up in the range the Pacers should be drafting.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I could get on board with LeBryan Nash his versatility would really make our 2nd unit better. I would probably plug him in as the backup 4 from day one. I think he can play both the 3/4 at the NBA level but he really intrigues me as a face up 4. His handle would give us so many options offensively I really love his power post game. He would fit what we do.
    Woah wait there is a guy with that name. That is like combining LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Steve Nash all into one. Probably won't be able to live up to his name though.

Mood

McCallum vs Carter Williams is on espn2 right now 2 of my favorite pgs. McCallum versus the cuses 2-3 wont be pretty for him wish he had a better cast around him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...fting-incident

I just cant believe how stupid you have to be to do that when you are about to be a lottery pick. Royce White did the same thing just beyond stupid IMO.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Woah wait there is a guy with that name. That is like combining LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Steve Nash all into one. Probably won't be able to live up to his name though.
    He has Lebrons hops, Kobe's length and shape, and nash's well last name...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

McCallum vs Carter Williams is on espn2 right now 2 of my favorite pgs. McCallum versus the cuses 2-3 wont be pretty for him wish he had a better cast around him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...fting-incident

I just cant believe how stupid you have to be to do that when you are about to be a lottery pick. Royce White did the same thing just beyond stupid IMO.
    Yeah MCW is a unique player, he has a real good game, I wonder what his reasoning for doing it was, as well as why the coach did not suspend him for the game.

It will be interesting to see him in the league, he has really good vision and plays well in the zone, wonder how he does in man situations though.... oh yeah u never responded to that Nash post.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Thought he was more of a 2/3 than a 3/4, at only 6'7" seems like it would start a lot of matchup problems, has he been playing a lot better this year, I know last year he was really struggling early on.... badly
    He has been really solid this year. He wasnt awful last year many just expected so much more since he was so highly touted. I love him as a 4 he has a Kwai Leonard type body (little bit better body than Leonard though IMO Leonard plays harder though)

However I view him as a 4 because the mis matches he can cause at that spot. He has a very solid post game and would really fit in the Pacers power post method of ball. He also is very good off the dribble for his size would probably be one of the best on his team at getting his own shot.

I just question his intelligence at times he takes a ton of bad shots and has questionable decision making. When kids are so good physically it kills me to see them take bad shots. His shot selection must improve.

But the game is changing small ball is the wave of the future and he really fits what a PF needs to do in the NBA IMO. Again he probably starts at the SF but if I am his coach I would play him at the 4 many nights.

But I see him as a Thad Young or Terrence Jones(however he is much more athletic than Jones especially laterally) type guy. A guy who you put at the 4 on certain matchups and at the 3 for others. He isnt a tweeaner either. He has the skill on offense to play the 3 or 4 this isnt Derick Williams or what not who has no ability off the dribble and cant guard due to his beyond bad lateral quickness. He is really skilled and I really like his game for our team. OK State plays a style a lot like the Pacers they love to find mis matches in the post and post that player up.

Alex Poythress is a tweaner currently he is built a lot like Nash however he doesnt have near the skill. However he can makup for his lack of skill with his motor and athletic ability which Derrick Williams doesnt have. That is the reason I was never high on Williams dude was lazy in college with no motor. He also wasn't very good off the dribble. he was a great shooter and decent post man but I didnt like him for the league. I like Nash better than Williams for the NBA like I said a lot more skill just needs to learn how to play.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-17-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Mood

MCW is insane gonna be a special one just love how he plays. Hope he keeps his nose out of trouble and works to be great because he has stuff you cant teach.

Like me some Nick Johnson from Arizona. Dude's a stud shooter, if he comes out, he'd be a steal with a late pick.
    Last edited by Doddage; 12-17-2012 at 08:44 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Mood

He has been really solid this year. He wasnt awful last year many just expected so much more since he was so highly touted. I love him as a 4 he has a Kwai Leonard type body (little bit better body than Leonard though IMO Leonard plays harder though)

However I view him as a 4 because the mis matches he can cause at that spot. He has a very solid post game and would really fit in the Pacers power post method of ball. He also is very good off the dribble for his size would probably be one of the best on his team at getting his own shot.

I just question his intelligence at times he takes a ton of bad shots and has questionable decision making. When kids are so good physically it kills me to see them take bad shots. His shot selection must improve.

But the game is changing small ball is the wave of the future and he really fits what a PF needs to do in the NBA IMO. Again he probably starts at the SF but if I am his coach I would play him at the 4 many nights.

But I see him as a Thad Young or Terrence Jones(however he is much more athletic than Jones especially laterally) type guy. A guy who you put at the 4 on certain matchups and at the 3 for others. He isnt a tweeaner either. He has the skill on offense to play the 3 or 4 this isnt Derick Williams or what not who has no ability off the dribble and cant guard due to his beyond bad lateral quickness. He is really skilled and I really like his game for our team. OK State plays a style a lot like the Pacers they love to find mis matches in the post and post that player up.

Alex Poythress is a tweaner currently he is built a lot like Nash however he doesnt have near the skill. However he can makup for his lack of skill with his motor and athletic ability which Derrick Williams doesnt have. That is the reason I was never high on Williams dude was lazy in college with no motor. He also wasn't very good off the dribble. he was a great shooter and decent post man but I didnt like him for the league. I like Nash better than Williams for the NBA like I said a lot more skill just needs to learn how to play.
    Thanks, yeah haven't got to see much of him this year, saw some of him in high school and some in college, he plays big, I just wonder how that translates. But yeah last year he often looked lost on the floor and not sure what he should be doing, near the end it seemed like he started getting it together more and I was hoping that would translate to this year. I could certainly see him on the board when we draft actually, but the season is young.

To me Derrick Williams is a player that plays with energy when he wants, but that makes him inconsistent, he had one of the highest PER's when he was in college and was a stat stuffer, he also seemed fairly athletic, maybe I read him wrong, but to me it is kind of shocking that his NBA career so far has not been more successful.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Thanks, yeah haven't got to see much of him this year, saw some of him in high school and some in college, he plays big, I just wonder how that translates. But yeah last year he often looked lost on the floor and not sure what he should be doing, near the end it seemed like he started getting it together more and I was hoping that would translate to this year. I could certainly see him on the board when we draft actually, but the season is young.

To me Derrick Williams is a player that plays with energy when he wants, but that makes him inconsistent, he had one of the highest PER's when he was in college and was a stat stuffer, he also seemed fairly athletic, maybe I read him wrong, but to me it is kind of shocking that his NBA career so far has not been more successful.
    I didn't see him play with energy very often to me he was one of the laziest guys I watched all year. He played a ton of minutes and had to carry the team offensively so that probably played a part but damn was he lazy. At least 10 times per game probably more he just wouldn't get back on defense like a player should. I wish he would play hard all game it would really make a difference, but some guys just aren't wired that way I guess. Will be a reason he is just a rotation player and maybe not that with some coaches. I know if I coached him I would have a hard time playing him he would frustrate me.

Ben McLemore is my favorite SG prospect is several years maybe since PG24(even though I liked him better as a SF so probably since EJ). I mean I liked guys in the past because they did a few things really well like Klay Thomson or Alec Burks Kid but they had holes. This kid just plays the game the way it should be played and is a complete player the opposite Derick Williams lol. Once he spends a summer working on his handle he is going to be unstoppable.

Mood

He still looks lost at times and takes bad shots just not as often. I doubt he will ever turn into a guy known for good shot selection but it should become live-able.

also one more than on Williams he really isn't as athletic as he looks he is kind of like McRoberts really bad laterally. I was never impressed with his athleticism it was avearge at best imo.

Mood

I didn't see him play with energy very often to me he was one of the laziest guys I watched all year. He played a ton of minutes and had to carry the team offensively so that probably played a part but damn was he lazy. At least 10 times per game probably more he just wouldn't get back on defense like a player should. I wish he would play hard all game it would really make a difference, but some guys just aren't wired that way I guess. Will be a reason he is just a rotation player and maybe not that with some coaches. I know if I coached him I would have a hard time playing him he would frustrate me.

Ben McLemore is my favorite SG prospect is several years maybe since PG24(even though I liked him better as a SF so probably since EJ). I mean I liked guys in the past because they did a few things really well like Klay Thomson or Alec Burks Kid but they had holes. This kid just plays the game the way it should be played and is a complete player the opposite Derick Williams lol. Once he spends a summer working on his handle he is going to be unstoppable.
    Yeah,seemed like he carried his team so much, had the highest PER his last year in college, I could imagine that at times he was winded.

But, I will agree with you his lateral quickness is not good at all, and I guess that will really bother him, hard to guard someone when they can beat you to the side in most situations. I guess from that prospective he might as well just stick to the 4, better chance for him to succeed there, also that is probably where he would create the most match up problems.
    Why so SERIOUS

Trey Burke is my dream prospect for the Pacers. I love watching him play and run a fast break.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Trey Burke is my dream prospect for the Pacers. I love watching him play and run a fast break.
    Yes, exactly what I was thinking. He would be a great backup to Hill. We'll probably release Augustin and who knows about Ben Hansbrough. Burke could be a great NBA point guard
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

I think I'd rather trade the pick along with a bench player or two if we can get a quality back-up PG that can run the second unit, not urn the ball over, pass well and score some when needed.

Mood

So lets just trade up to get Ben, is that okay with everyone?
    Why so SERIOUS

Not old enough to see him play but Fran Fraschilla says Marcus Smart from Oklahoma State is basically Quinn Buckner 2.0. Thought that was interesting.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not old enough to see him play but Fran Fraschilla says Marcus Smart from Oklahoma State is basically Quinn Buckner 2.0. Thought that was interesting.
    same havent seen QB play but if QB did everything on the court than he is right. Smart reminds me so much of Rondo does everything pretty well on the court and is all over the place. I guess another good comp is Lance Stephenson Marcus is just a good all around basketball player doesn't do another really great but does a ton really well.

Really? there is no way we can trade up for Ben IMO would cost far to much talking PG + IMO. I am all for getting that kid favorite wing in a few years but dont see a way.

Mood

Kevin Pangos =NBA player. Crazy quick release makes up for some limitations. Can't think of a better triangle pg very smart and just gets the job done. Also has a good handle. Gonna make a soild player once he graduates.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Michael Carter-Williams was 1rebound shy of a triple double. Damn. Really want this guy as the Pacers backup point.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!