Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walsh said he didn't take Lance when he ran the Knicks because of the NY kid pressure. I kind of think he would use the same approach with Zeller. If Oladpo is available then it's a different story.
    Obviously it's not going to happen, but I don't see how those two are even remotely comparable. He wasn't worried about Lance being anointed a savior in NYC, he was worried about all the off the court baggage that would follow him around. First of all, Zeller doesn't have any of that baggage. Second, Zeller wouldn't be looked at to be a savior--this team is already a title contender. He would just be a piece. I don't think Walsh/Pritchard/Bird/Simon/whoever would have any sort of problem drafting Cody Zeller.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm honestly curious how many people here have seen Tony Mitchell play basketball.
    I haven't.

Zeller would be a great fit on this Pacers team actually and I know Roy likes his game, he's tweeted about him at least once or twice, but I just don't see it happening. I think it may surprise a lot of people how high Zeller ends up going in this draft.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm honestly curious how many people here have seen Tony Mitchell play basketball.
    Watched him play over 20 times. I was hoping he declared last year. He can play he just doesn't always try, it's really weird. But Lance was the same way at Cincy. If I hadn't watched him play this year he would easily be a top 10 pick in this draft . The new system they ran just did not fit him or his game. Last season he played inside a lot more. When he played on the primer he did it in a face up style and demanded a double(which he passed out of pretty well. although it looked like he was locked into where he was passing like it was pre decided). This season he drifted a lot more than his freshmen season and again didn't play hard a lot so many wasted opportunities(his transition D is some of the worst I have every seen he is so lazy getting back). The biggest difference this season was his terrible decision making. He was a solid passer last season and this season his passing was beyond bad. With that said I love his help side defense and his future as a defender in the paint(when he guards to far from the basket though he starts getting lost) and rebounder at the next level. However he needs to explain himself for this season and take to coaching if he wants to be successful coming into the NBA. I think he won't be a rotation player next year, but depending on where he goes could develop into a good shooting garbage man down the line if he plays hard. Like Fran F said the other day. When watching Lance in HS you never would of though he would play hard and become a hustle guy. That is a skill that is never to late to learn. I am just not sure he will get it. No offense to him, but he doesn't seem like the smartest guy.

Like I said last year in the 2011-2012 thread. He is one of the more gifted players I have watched. Now I am not so sure after this season. I may have to credit the coach of NT who used him so well as a Freshmen. If you are getting the Freshmen version of Tony Mitchell with a few fixes in his game that he should clean up in time. He is a lottery pick. If you are getting last season's Tony. I am not sure he stays in the NBA long.

EDIT: With how our team is setup and if Dwest gets a 3 or 4 year deal he would be perfect as a developmental guy. I think West and Hibbert would do him wonders. In then in 3 years he would hopefully be ready to take West spot as a starter.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-06-2013 at 02:18 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

The savings from #13 to #23 is about 600K. From just over $1M to just over $1.6M. I doubt that will be enough to get Dallas to trade. There might be a shot at next year's #1 for this year's #13 though. Just a guess, but Dallas will be getting several offers of this type. They have to guess which team will have the better pick next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I am enamored with the idea of giving up #23 plus our second rounders this year and next for the Mavs pick at 13.

Their goal is to clear the salary of the #13 pick from the books to get a little extra money for an offer to Dwight. The question is whether the dropoff from pick #13 to pick #23 in the slotted salary scale saves them enough to make sense for them. They may just want a #1 next year plus multiple #2 picks.

I know that next year's draft is better, but I'd do it in a heartbeat to get Dennis Schroeder at #13, or if he fell somehow, Cody Z (unlikely I know).

The Blazers are looking to trade the #10 pick for a center, not to move down. I doubt Ian is good enough to get that pick from them.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I am curious how you would rank your picks at 23 that might be there and fit with the Pacers. I really like what Mitchell brings to the table.
    He would play power forward and replace Hans and not have the limitations that Tyler has. Plus he is another power player to guard Lebron. I would go Mitchell,Dieng,Rice,Bullock, and then Withey. One or several of those players will be there. In the second McCallum.
    It all depends on who falls. I am not sure any of the guys you mention will be there. They could all be gone(not likley I would guess one at least one of them will slide). I think Bullock will be there, but I am not sure he makes it. He doesn't have a ton of upside, but a guy with his defense and shooting tends to get drafted high. He is one of the safest picks.

I will do a list when we get closer to the draft

BJ Young or Goodwin(if he slides) are the two guys I love in the 2nd. I have heard Goodwin is sliding because he can't shoot in workouts. I like him as a developmental guy. I hope he keeps bricking and stinking up workouts so he will slide

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Tyler has zero post game and no jump shot. And I was a big fan of his. He just has not developed any game since entering the NBA.

A player evaluated on draftexpress.com I was not aware of but sounds interesting.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...michael-19449/
    Carmichael is one of the few guys in this class I have never seen play.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    The Blazers are looking to trade the #10 pick for a center, not to move down. I doubt Ian is good enough to get that pick from them.

Yeah....they could just draft a Center that's probably better than Ian. There are a few projected for the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Zeller would be a great fit on this Pacers team actually and I know Roy likes his game, he's tweeted about him at least once or twice, but I just don't see it happening. I think it may surprise a lot of people how high Zeller ends up going in this draft.
    Really? I think he'd be better off on a running team. Same goes for Hansbrough, wherever he ends up landing, actually. I think both will struggle in a 'smashmouth' kind of environment, but both can be punishing in an uptempo and/or fastbreaking environment.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Yeah....they could just draft a Center that's probably better than Ian. There are a few projected for the first round.
    Rockets will sign Howard and they'll trade Asik to the Blazers for the #10 pick. That makes the most sense.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Rockets will sign Howard and they'll trade Asik to the Blazers for the #10 pick. That makes the most sense.
    Rockets are a team to watch for sure.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Interesting. I like that trade for the Blazers for sure. They would be a playoff team next year and a pretty solid group.

The draft is before free agency. I really doubt they trade Asik. Asik and Howard would be a nightmare for the other team to score on. I think Morey has a bigger man crush on Asik than I do. I don't think he will trade him. Especially without 100% assurance Dwight is coming and that isn't possible.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    The savings from #13 to #23 is about 600K. From just over $1M to just over $1.6M. I doubt that will be enough to get Dallas to trade. There might be a shot at next year's #1 for this year's #13 though. Just a guess, but Dallas will be getting several offers of this type. They have to guess which team will have the better pick next year.
    On a related note....how much would be looking at when it comes to paying a Player at the #23 spot and whoever we get at the 2nd round?

Total of around $2.6 mil for both Players adding to the 2013-2014 Salary Cap?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Really? I actually think we would be a detriment to Zeller because his elite speed for NBA big men wouldn't be utilized on this roster.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Interesting. I like that trade for the Blazers for sure. They would be a playoff team next year and a pretty solid group.

The draft is before free agency. I really doubt they trade Asik. Asik and Howard would be a nightmare for the other team to score on. I think Morey has a bigger man crush on Asik than I do. I don't think he will trade him. Especially without 100% assurance Dwight is coming and that isn't possible.
    IMHO....I think that it isn't logical to have 2 Starting Quality Centers being paid that much. Paying Asik ( a Center that is paid $8+ mil a year ) to be a Backup Center to play 15-18 mpg behind Dwight isn't feasible nor smart roster management...unless you have Asik playing the PF spot and Dwight the Center ( which is unlikely ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-06-2013 at 03:39 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

ESPN's Chad Ford is hearing that Dario Saric is leaning toward withdrawing from the NBA draft.

Saric is a possible lottery pick if he stays in the draft, but Ford reports the 19-year-old forward would like to get another year of experience in Europe. This isn't new considering Saric said previously he would try to stay in Croatia even if he's drafted in the first round in order to improve his game. Saric has until June 17 to officially withdraw.

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/...04117661196289

Saric has been mocked often to Dallas, who likely would be fine with him staying put in Europe, giving them the extra money they need to try to woo Dwight.

No Saric might mean a higher chance of Dallas trading #13 for a future pick.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 06-06-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    IMHO....I think that it isn't logical to have 2 Starting Quality Centers being paid that much. Paying Asik ( a Center that is paid $8+ mil a year ) to be a Backup Center to play 15-18 mpg behind Dwight isn't feasible nor smart roster management...unless you have Asik playing the PF spot and Dwight the Center ( which is unlikely ).
    Dwight at the PF and Asik at the C spot is more than do able. I would think that would be a dream scenario for Morey. Then bring in Dontas off the bench to space the floor when need be.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

On a related note....how much would be looking at when it comes to paying a Player at the #23 spot and whoever we get at the 2nd round?

Total of around $2.6 mil for both Players adding to the 2013-2014 Salary Cap?
    No, less than that. About $1.6M. Just over $1M for #23 and a min salary for the 2nd round pick. OJ was paid just over $500K.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

I don't understand why more people aren't talking about trading up for a lottery pick that could help push us over the "championship hill" right away. Full disclosure: Many of you know from speaking with me during the season or reading my tweets (at XLevelOnline) that I'm a huge IU and Oladipo fan.

That being said, I don't think many could argue that the Defensive Player of the Year, a high % shooter from 3, FG, & FT, a Hoosier (ticket draw), high energy, athletic freak, who could start and eventually be a star in the NBA would be a bad fit. Even if we didn't go after Oladipo, Trey Burke would also be a perfect fit. Most importantly, he's a true point. He shoots a decently high % from 3, FG, & FT, and can play or even possibly start right away.

If we couldn't get high enough to get either of those guys, we could move up slightly to snag my third choice in Shane Larkin. Shane Larkin is like a mix of Oladipo and Burke in that he's still a true point, defends well, and shoots a high percent. While he doesn't get to the line like the other two, he still has a great upside and can learn that part of the game. Especially, if he has Reggie Miller to guide him in the art of picking up fouls. (More on this in another thread.)

Before anyone starts talking about how difficult or expensive it is to move up in the draft, take a look at recent history. Also remember that this is considered to be a "down" or "weak" year in the draft which should make it easier/cheaper. I think we can pull it off without losing any major stars.

I think we could also address shooting very cheaply by signing a guy like Jordan Hulls who will not be drafted and can be our "Kyle Korver." He comes in and fills it up from 3 & shoots FTs both at an extremely high % all for league min.

Here's my depth chart.

1 Hill / (Burke/Larkin/Oladipo) / Hulls
    2 George / Stephenson / Johnson
    3 Granger / Young / Green
    4 West / Pendergraph / Marion
    5 Hibbert / Mahinmi / Plumlee

Yes, I have Oladipo as a 1. He has proven he can learn and adapt to anything. We're not really running a true point now anyway. Any of those guys have the potential to be starters or even stars within the first or second year.

Sports Logo

Dwight at the PF and Asik at the C spot is more than do able. I would think that would be a dream scenario for Morey. Then bring in Dontas off the bench to space the floor when need be.
    Neither of them IMHO are PFs...nor should they be. I'm suggesting that in today's CBA...that Teams can't afford to have an asset like Asik earning $8.3 mil a year while playing 12 to 18 mpg for the next 2 seasons.

IMHO, it's not smart roster management given the likely $$$ that they would devote to Dwight ( if he signs there ) and Harden. As someone suggested....if Dwight goes to Houston....they should shop Asik for whatever assets they can get. IMHO....Teams would pay a pretty penny for a high quality Starting Defensive Center like Asik that is earning a paltry $8+ mil over the next 2 seasons.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    No, less than that. About $1.6M. Just over $1M for #23 and a min salary for the 2nd round pick. OJ was paid just over $500K.
    Even better......that's another million that can go to a Free Agent.

Mood

Neither of them IMHO are PFs...nor should they be. I'm suggesting that in today's CBA...that Teams can't afford to have an asset like Asik earning $8.3 mil a year while playing 12 to 18 mpg for the next 2 seasons.

IMHO, it's not smart roster management given the likely $$$ that they would devote to Dwight ( if he signs there ) and Harden. As someone suggested....if Dwight goes to Houston....they should shop Asik for whatever assets they can get. IMHO....Teams would pay a pretty penny for a high quality Starting Defensive Center like Asik that is earning a paltry $8+ mil over the next 2 seasons.
    If they had both on the roster they both would play 30+ MPG. They can play togeth IMO. I am sure I am not the only one with that opinion. That would also be my ideal FC. I would trade Asik for Hibbert, Noah or Gasol for my dream froncourt. I think you can win with Asik and Howard especially with Harden on the team.

One note on small guards who can score. I really like Momo Jones out of the guys in this class as a spark plug 2/3rd pg(I . I don't think he is much more than that. I think he fits a Nate Robinson role perfect. Just bring him in and let him be aggressive and go get it. He is a massive upgrade over Ben IMO and would actually be ready to play a bit from day one. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the IT from this class. He plays so hard and can fill it up. Richard Howell and Momo would bring so much heart and toughness as 2nd rd to undrafted players.

I also saw that Durand Scott is coming in for a workout and we worked out Mouhammadou Jaiteh today just another tidbit.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-07-2013 at 12:41 AM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I also saw that Durand Scott is coming in for a workout and we worked out Mouhammadou Jaiteh today just another tidbit.
    Interesting. Thank you for this info.

By the way, DX uploaded a Muscala work out.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 06-07-2013 at 01:25 AM.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Interesting. Thank you for this info.

By the way, DX uploaded a Muscala work out.
    Ya I am guessing we worked him out in Italy before addi camp which starts tomorrow. Dante Exum has a stress fracture he won't be playing in games that bums me out.

Was watching some more tape tonight mostly of Isiah Canaan(haven't watched him all season I watched him 15+ times last season figured that is when he was coming out)

I am starting to watch some Jackie Carmichael tape right now. I am surprised I have never seen him play. I watch his conference all the time but I never watched him in his 4 years.

EDIT: Started with Wichita st huge mistake. I should have know that their guards wouldn't be able to get the ball up the floor on their pressure D. I am going to switch it to Creighton. I know Creighton's team well and Ill St shouldn't struggle as much dribbling the ball up.

Guys like Ian Clark of Belmont I feel so bad for(only watched him play Isiah 8 times total now). The kid has more heart and game then most and will never be able to make the league due to being a poor athlete. He should be a terrific player in Europe for many years fits the style perfect. I just feel for him. He is so skilled, but has a terrible frame. He is the typical small school kid who is projected undrafted that a lot of people get excited over by looking at his numbers. it just sucks I wish the players like Robert Swift who hate the game could get that body and athlete abilities lol. Why does it have to be the kids who work hard at the game.

The main difference I noticed about Canaan this year was his role. He played on the ball so much more than in the past. I don't really like it much. His eyes are still not where they should be and he still has the same weaknesses overall.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-07-2013 at 06:49 AM.