Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the Pacers would take him at 23 if he was still available?
    Who? I dont think Franklin or Mitchell will be there. I would hope they would be high on both and snatch up if they fall.

Hardaway could be there. I hope we draft lower than #23 though. Franklin is a perfect for us "smashmouth" is his game. He would bring much needed skill to the team. I see us drafting someone like him that. I just dont know if we go D and 3 like a Reggie Bullock who I really like. Or a guy with a lot more skill like Franklin who also defends, but lacks the shooting. I am still debating this issue we really need both. I think OJ can be the shooter if he takes the next step so I am leaning toward a guy like Franklin if we go wing.

Erick Green is really another guy I think the Pacers will love due to our system. He is almost a perfect fit for what we want a pg to do. I wouldn't be shocked if he is the pick. Still to early to tell though.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-18-2013 at 06:38 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Who? I dont think Franklin or Mitchell will be there. I would hope they would be high on both and snatch up if they fall.

Hardaway could be there. I hope we draft lower than #23 though. Franklin is a perfect for us "smashmouth" is his game. He would bring much needed skill to the team. I see us drafting someone like him that. I just dont know if we go D and 3 like a Reggie Bullock who I really like. Or a guy with a lot more skill like Franklin who also defends, but lacks the shooting. I am still debating this issue we really need both. I think OJ can be the shooter if he takes the next step so I am leaning toward a guy like Franklin if we go wing.
    I meant Mitchell, just realized I didn't say who-

See I want the Pacers to get someone raw. I think they have a spectacular coaching staff right now that can really improve players and allow them to reach their potential. Which means the Pacers are prime to to snag a "steal of the draft" if they go for someone with a lot of potential.

I don't think Lance would be who he is now in almost any other organization except the Spurs for example... The Pacers can make raw potential realize its self if they go for that...
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

and I don't want the Pacers to go wing, I want point or big. If I was the Pacers I'd cross my fingers that both Orlando and Granger solve our wing problems. Meaning Granger is healthy next year for a championship run and Orlando/Lance make a badass wing tandem off the bench.

I mean that's asking a lot but I could see it happen. I like Orlando, and it is conceivable that Granger could get healthy again. Maybe not. We'll see.

Regardless, the Pacers are going to need a point and big.

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Mood

See I want the Pacers to get someone raw. I think they have a spectacular coaching staff right now that can really improve players and allow them to reach their potential. Which means the Pacers are prime to to snag a "steal of the draft" if they go for someone with a lot of potential.
    I would draft him if I was the GM. Unless the scouts just told me no, due to the red flags. I would still likely gamble on him unless they told me there is no chance he will take to coaching. he just has stuff that doesn't come along very often. If there is a 10% chance that Vogel and the team can get the best out of him I would take him no questions ask. I think the rewards is worth the risk.

Speaking of Green he just compared himself to George Hill in his combine video and that is so funny. He gave me that vibe the whole season watching him. Like I said I think the Pacers will like him and he is a perfect fit for what the Pacers want in a pg. Ray McCallum and Green are really the only two pgs I think we consider. I like them both as a fit for our system. The pg class will be all about fit IMO and those two fit what we do.

Kabongo is the one wild card pg wise. I like him on defense and I could see the Pacers drafting him. However he is a long term guy and may fizzle out. He would be the one pg who would solve the need of a defensive minded quick guard.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-18-2013 at 06:54 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I don't think Lance would be who he is now in almost any other organization except the Spurs for example... The Pacers can make raw potential realize its self if they go for that...

How much more raw do you want than Plumlee?

Why take on another project to develop? How many projects are you expecting the Pacers to try and develop at a time. Just remember Juice is still a project too.

I would like to trade out of the draft, but I'm not sure you could find another team willing to trade for the Pacers #23 unless it's part of a larger trade. Maybe #23 and Plumlee to move UP in the draft. Not sure if Plumlee has any value other than to Bird.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Regardless, the Pacers are going to need a point and big.
    I agree.

I'm just not comfortable counting on Granger next year, and I don't really see any SF that would be available that excites me. IMO, the FO had better cover their bases this off season by getting another SF, b/c you can't count on Granger again for next season and definately not Green. You need more than Sam Young as a b/u SF.

Sports Logo

On potential alone he should be a lottery pick in this draft. I have only watched him in an all star game setting,but in this draft he is worth a flyer in the lottery. You just cant teach his size speed combo. He is going to be a nightmare on defense if he puts the effort in. He should be a lock down defender early in his career I love his tools on that end of the floor.
    Agreed. He definitely should be a lottery pick on potential alone. Same with Antetokounmpo. I was just hoping that the US media would forget about the international class and thus they would fall.

It doesn't seem like Schroeder is going to fall after the combine. Thankfully, Antetokounmpo has not participated in a combine yet.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Speaking of Green he just compared himself to George Hill in his combine video and that is so funny. He gave me that vibe the whole season watching him. Like I said I think the Pacers will like him and he is a perfect fit for what the Pacers want in a pg. Ray McCallum and Green are really the only two pgs I think we consider. I like them both as a fit for our system. The pg class will be all about fit IMO and those two fit what we do.
    Watching the DX video on Green at the moment. I think that I'm sold.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Watching the DX video on Green at the moment. I think that I'm sold.
    Doesn't he weigh like 140 lbs at 6'2?
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

~Ahmad Rashad~

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hinds View Post
    Doesn't he weigh like 140 lbs at 6'2?
    He weighted in at 178.2 lbs. He also measured at 6'3 with shoes (6'1.5 without).

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Speaking of my terrible ability to predict NBA prospects... See I think Victor Olidipo is a guaranteed NBA all-star. I just love his game, and I think he's going to be a stud. But then watch him be an NBA fringe bench player or something lol
    I think he's going to be an average contributor in the league. A nice player but nowhere near a star. I think Oladipo and Zeller are both over-rated a bit.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Portland is considering to trade up in order to select Oladipo:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...elect-Oladipo\

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I think he's going to be an average contributor in the league. A nice player but nowhere near a star. I think Oladipo and Zeller are both over-rated a bit.
    I doubt Zeller is overrated anymore. If anything he's taken a beating from most everybody about his ceiling. Lucky he destroyed the athletic testing so that should give him some better looks.

And if Oladipo can get picked up by Portland, he will have an extremely bright future.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

~Ahmad Rashad~

I doubt Zeller is overrated anymore. If anything he's taken a beating from most everybody about his ceiling. Lucky he destroyed the athletic testing so that should give him some better looks.

And if Oladipo can get picked up by Portland, he will have an extremely bright future.

Wishing both of them the best. Good kids!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Oladipo would be nice on Portland. They need depth.

Maybe Oladipo is going to make Wesley Matthes expendable? He is a good player.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Oladipo would be nice on Portland. They need depth.

Maybe Oladipo is going to make Wesley Matthes expendable? He is a good player.
    No, 2 Oladipo's on portland wouldnt make Mathews expendable. Their bench was the worst bench in the history of basketball last year. They need at least 3 more great players before any of their starters can be expendable. Good thing about Portland is they have 4 good starters and a potential 5th but no one else(Barton made strides but he has a ways to go) . They have a need at every position, so BPA makes sense.

Sports Logo

No, 2 Oladipo's on portland wouldnt make Mathews expendable. Their bench was the worst bench in the history of basketball last year. They need at least 3 more great players before any of their starters can be expendable. Good thing about Portland is they have 4 good starters and a potential 5th but no one else(Barton made strides but he has a ways to go) . They have a need at every position, so BPA makes sense.
    Yeah, you're right. Their bench was extremely awful.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    How much more raw do you want than Plumlee?

Why take on another project to develop? How many projects are you expecting the Pacers to try and develop at a time. Just remember Juice is still a project too.

I would like to trade out of the draft, but I'm not sure you could find another team willing to trade for the Pacers #23 unless it's part of a larger trade. Maybe #23 and Plumlee to move UP in the draft. Not sure if Plumlee has any value other than to Bird.
    Um. I mean, go for someone who they think can be really good, versus maybe a known quantity.

Plumlee I don't think is raw so much as he just sucks lol

Read it and weep:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Withey,Bullock, E Green are my realistic top 3. If Mitchell falls (someone always does) then the Pacers need to snatch him.

I doubt Zeller is overrated anymore. If anything he's taken a beating from most everybody about his ceiling. Lucky he destroyed the athletic testing so that should give him some better looks. . .
    Yeah, I expect Zeller to start sliding up the draft order. He has skill, size and now athleticism. At some point between now and the draft someone is going to see that as a good thing.

Oladipo will be interesting. Very nice athlete. Great defender. But a tad undersized for a guy with those as his main selling points. But he does have great upside. Be interesting to see where he goes.

This is the most undersized draft I've seen in a while. I would expect some full sized guys to get drafted earlier than they might just because.

I can see CLE draft McClemore with the #1 pick. They have Tyler Zeller and they don't need to draft Noel
    Smothered Chicken!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I disagree with your take on the combine helping Zeller. Anyone who watched him at IU could see how athletic he was. His problem is playing smaller and nothing at the combine changed that. Combined just confirmed what was known. That is true for almost everyone. Trey Burke for examples confirmed he is as fast as anyone. He also confirmed my main knock on him he moves awful laterally. The #s really are irrelevant anyone who watched these players know how athletic they play that is far more important. Adams for example doesn't play like he tested, but he is so raw he is a guy who you can see playing more athletic with season he is still a huge gamble. I think the only guy who surprised me # wise was MCW. I went back and watched more tape. He is a lot more athletic than I projected. His tools are off the chat. I think the Cuse system is what confused me on hom. Never get to see man defense and he seattled a lot I think he will be draft super high maybe top 5.

Pacers got...nothin to give

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    I can see CLE draft McClemore with the #1 pick. They have Tyler Zeller and they don't need to draft Noel
    I agree both fit the mold of drafting to beat the heat. Thinking of a Irving McLemore bc is scary. Would be more exciting than Curry and Klay. I can't think of a better fit for Ben playing with Irving would help him early in his career. I still worry about Noel's frame but the motor he lacked he proved he has now tough call.

Maybe they'll just want a couple of future picks?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)