Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The diff between Zeller and Miles is that Cody actually did stuff in college
    well duh lol. I bet he became #1 on our big board though only explanation why we drafted Plumlee in the 1st is because we loved his workout #s. Cody has lottery workout numbers and late lottery talent.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    well duh lol. I bet he became #1 on our big board though only explanation why we drafted Plumlee in the 1st is because we loved his workout #s. Cody has lottery workout numbers and late lottery talent.
    Yup, and this fixation with him being the next Jeff Foster, the pick is still a head scratcher, but I can not imagine them giving up on him anytime soon.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Cody Zeller went all Miles Plumlee today workout warrior. Put up some crazy numbers.

Larkin's max vert is insane

Tony Mitchell's vert was 38 I figured it would be 40+ he has crazy bounce.

Crabbe is so lazy the other two wshould be gone from what I have read. I like Crabbe ,but ill take a guy who plays hard over him he just plays way to soft IMO.

Schroeder must not have a promise he worked out today.
    Yeah, I am hoping that will change, I wonder if any of that had to do with the conflict with the coach, also I would think the players on this team would make sure he gets it together.

Question do players typically start going on private workouts the week after the combine?
    Why so SERIOUS

Although I mentioned that I believe we'll trade the pick this year, I never hope for that because I love trying to anticipate the new blood we'll select. This year I'm particularly intrigued by the idea of regarding players as "immediate contributors" or "developmental prospects." Larry clearly has preferred immediate contributors while Donnie tends to go for developmental types. This is a particularly young crop, so we (collectively) might do well to focus some of our discussion on the handful of possibilities who might be immediate contributors. At the moment, I have three in mind....
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    Although I mentioned that I believe we'll trade the pick this year, I never hope for that because I love trying to anticipate the new blood we'll select. This year I'm particularly intrigued by the idea of regarding players as "immediate contributors" or "developmental prospects." Larry clearly has preferred immediate contributors while Donnie tends to go for developmental types. This is a particularly young crop, so we (collectively) might do well to focus some of our discussion on the handful of possibilities who might be immediate contributors. At the moment, I have three in mind....
    Honest question: Which was Miles Plumlee supposed to be?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Honest question: Which was Miles Plumlee supposed to be?
    Plumlee seems to timid to me to be Jeff Foster.

In this years draft I would take Adams as a better option for that role.
    Legit 7' and 7'4.5" wingspan. Strong motor.

My list starting to come together.

Adams
    Roberson
    Kybongo
    Canaan
    Goodwin
    Schroeder
    Withey

Points and bigs and a couple shooting guards
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

What about letting Tyler walk and drafting Mitchell? Mitchell and Pendy at the 4 next season is not a drop off imo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    What about letting Tyler walk and drafting Mitchell? Mitchell and Pendy at the 4 next season is not a drop off imo

Adams
    Roberson
    Kybongo
    Canaan
    Goodwin
    Schroeder
    Withey
    Mitchell

Sounds good to me. What to do with Tyler will be a big off-season decision.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I want to see Schroeder play because his description sounds like the exact kind of point guard we need.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I want to see Schroeder play because his description sounds like the exact kind of point guard we need.

Larkin with 44" vertical today. :-0
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ng-peyton-siva
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Larkin with 44" vertical today. :-0
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ng-peyton-siva

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

According to Gery Woelfel's twitter Dennis Schroeder will work out for the Bucks, Rockets and Jazz. He seems to be out of range
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm pretty sure it was the Jazz who gave Schroeder the "promise" that they were talking about during the combine. It makes the most sense imo.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    According to Gery Woelfel's twitter Dennis Schroeder will work out for the Bucks, Rockets and Jazz. He seems to be out of range
    On potential alone he should be a lottery pick in this draft. I have only watched him in an all star game setting,but in this draft he is worth a flyer in the lottery. You just cant teach his size speed combo. He is going to be a nightmare on defense if he puts the effort in. He should be a lock down defender early in his career I love his tools on that end of the floor.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was the Jazz who gave Schroeder the "promise" that they were talking about during the combine. It makes the most sense imo.
    Is it normal for a Combine Player to get a 'promise' this early in the draft process?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Is it normal for a Combine Player to get a 'promise' this early in the draft process?
    Normally happens for one or two guys a year. Dion Waiters last year Reggie Jackson the year prior. I know I would do it if I was a GM. I put a lot more stock in tape than what a private workout can show me.

I think leaping is the most overvalued ability players can have. I'd much rather value long arms and height over leaping ability. Dwyane Wade is an example of a superstar who has little leaping ability.

Quickness, length, speed, strength, those are all important aspects. Not trying to hate on Zeller by the way. Just trying to put in perspective. Yeah he's a leaper. Who gives a ****. Gerald Green can leap, hasn't translated to good play. Now Zellers quickness and footwork is important. Those are what have always made him an intriguing prospect. His short arms are definitely limiting.

Also, he played like a woman in college. So not entirely behind him as NBA prospect.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    I think leaping is the most overvalued ability players can have. I'd much rather value long arms and height over leaping ability. Dwyane Wade is an example of a superstar who has little leaping ability.

Quickness, length, speed, strength, those are all important aspects. Not trying to hate on Zeller by the way. Just trying to put in perspective. Yeah he's a leaper. Who gives a ****. Gerald Green can leap, hasn't translated to good play. Now Zellers quickness and footwork is important. Those are what have always made him an intriguing prospect. His short arms are definitely limiting.

Also, he played like a woman in college. So not entirely behind him as NBA prospect.
    Say what about Dwayne Wade? He is one of the quickest leapers in the league lol. I wonder sometimes if I get different games on my tv then some of you.

a no step vert of 32 is pretty good. I dont look at max vert that is irreverent in basketball. Most of the time in hoops you dont have time to gather yourself. Tyler is the perfect example. He has a great max vert but terrible no step, and it shows. Quick leaping is one of the most important traits , its the reason Kenny Faried is a beast, length and quick leaping = .

Tyler and Faried have almost the same max vert. Faried has almost a 3 foot advantage in the no step area. Like i said it shows on tape that is the reason Tyler takes so long around the basket. He is such a slow leaper.

speed and quickness normally go hand and hand with being a quick leaper.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-18-2013 at 06:02 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Say what about Dwayne Wade? He is one of the quickest leapers in the league lol. I wonder sometimes if I get different games on my tv then some of you.
    No Wade is an average jumper. Not bad of course, but no where near the reputation he has, and no where near the leaper most of his superstar peers are.

He has the reputation of course, but Wade's leaping ability is highly overrated and basically is based on him being a superstar, and also his long arms make it appear he is getting up higher than he really is.

Mood

He has the reputation of course, but Wade's leaping ability is highly overrated and basically is based on him being a superstar, and also his long arms make it appear he is getting up higher than he really is.
    He isn't aging well but I was referring to his prime. I mean he and Westbrook had the same no step vert. Wade was one of the quickest leapers in the league, if not the quickest for a period of time.

He still is a pretty good leaper.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

By the way, and this is out of left field, it's a shame how Zeller's game has been developed.

He's been used as a big man his entire career and he's tried to become that type of player, but I think it has just been the wrong thing to work on.

He's so quick, has footwork, and he's so slender, had he worked on his shooting and ball handling, I think he could have been an NBA 3. Seriously. Weird for a me to say that about a 7 footer, but really he's every bit as quick as most 3's in the league, and if he had spent his time working on it, I have no doubt he could have been a strong ball handler.

As it is, it'll take while for him to develop the strength he needs to be an NBA post player, and his wingspan already hurts his effectiveness against other NBA bigs.

Anywho, I realize that sounds ridiculous but I've never been good at predicting NBA talent anyways. So that's probably the most ridiculous ****.

Speaking of my terrible ability to predict NBA prospects... See I think Victor Olidipo is a guaranteed NBA all-star. I just love his game, and I think he's going to be a stud. But then watch him be an NBA fringe bench player or something lol

Mood

Speaking of my terrible ability to predict NBA prospects... See I think Victor Olidipo is a guaranteed NBA all-star. I just love his game, and I think he's going to be a stud. But then watch him be an NBA fringe bench player or something lol
    He measured almost exactly what I thought he would. Some posters said he is undersized, but watching him live he is far from it. He and Jamaal Franklin both measured how they played super long active defenders.

Hardaway measured smaller than I though he would. I figured he had a bit long wingspan. I think that could help us land him.

I loved what Tony Mitchell had to say in his interview with DX. He views himself as a 4 and wants to play the 4. I have always viewed him that way. He also said he wants to go somewhere that will develop his skills. If he truly means that and will put the time in he has the talent to be the best player in the class. I would take him if he is there. His 38in vert surprised me I figured he would have a 40+ in vert lol he has special talents. He can be a much better Kenny Faried but he is a huge gamble dude takes so many plays off. He is the quickest leaper I have seen at his position.

Speaking of Franklin he is one of my favorites in the class for one reason. He gets to the line at will a skill we really need. He is like my prototypical wing I love him for whatever team gets him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-18-2013 at 06:24 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

He measured almost exactly what I thought he would. Some posters said he is undersized, but watching him live he is far from it. He and Jamaal Franklin both measured how they played super long active defenders.

Hardaway measured smaller than I though he would. I figured he had a bit long wingspan. I think that could help us land him.

I loved what Tony Mitchell had to say in his interview with DX. He views himself as a 4 and wants to play the 4. I have always viewed him that way. He also said he wants to go somewhere that will develop his skills. If he truly means that and will put the time in he has the talent to be the best player in the class. I would take him if he is there. His 38in vert surprised me I figured he would have a 40+ in vert lol he has special talents. He can be a much better Kenny Faried but he is a huge gamble dude takes so many plays off.
    Think the Pacers would take him at 23 if he was still available?