Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

How Russ got the refs to give him 10 free throws a game the first 5 games of the tourney I will not understand, but it certainly unnaturally inflated his draft stock.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Amazing what point guards have become anymore and that guys like Russ Smith and Trey Burke can be thought so highly of. No thanks to any "point guard" who is going to dribble for 15secs of the shot clock and then either take on 3guys at the hole, or hoist up a 3 from 5ft behind the arc. Ball dominant point guards irritate me to no end.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

Not that this site is the end all be all, but in the past it has been relatively accurate. FWIW they do not have Russ Smith going in the draft period.

Mood

Granted he is an underclassmen, but most are factored in here if they are good enough.

Russ Smith's basketball IQ is just as bad as Gerald Green's. No way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing what point guards have become anymore and that guys like Russ Smith and Trey Burke can be thought so highly of. No thanks to any "point guard" who is going to dribble for 15secs of the shot clock and then either take on 3guys at the hole, or hoist up a 3 from 5ft behind the arc. Ball dominant point guards irritate me to no end.
    As much as I agree with this sentiment, that's 90% of the PG position nowadays. The game has changed, and unless you have a ball dominant wing, chances are you're gonna have this type of PG starting for you (obviously with a few exceptions)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

J7F

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dieng is the player I have wanted the Pacers to target for a while now. He is a long defensive force, with enough touch to garner some offensive prowess. He is a better jump shooter than I realized even, which makes me that much more high on him. I doubt he gets to us now unfortunately.

Russ Smith I want no part of.

Trey Burke I would love to get, but I'm partial. Here's the thing with Burke. Some NBA team is now going to draft him in the top ten with huge expectations for him to be some game changer for the franchise. That is terrible for him. He is a modest guy who works hard and is very mature. He would fit in great with a more mature team where he can fit in a role and work on his game over a couple of years. He's played himself onto a worse team that will likely not have many veterans and he will be asked to be more than what he is. I love the kid in the second half of the draft, hate seeing him in the top half.

Peyton Siva is a kid I would take a chance on in the late second round, sure. But he's still got too many holes in his game as a prospect to be anything other than a late flyer.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

After last night I'd love to see Billy Keller ... er ... Spike Albrecht
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...rst-mock-draft

Ford's first mock draft.
    Has the Kings taking Shabazz which would create the biggest dumpster fire of a roster anyone has ever seen.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...rst-mock-draft

Ford's first mock draft.
    Has the Kings taking Shabazz which would create the biggest dumpster fire of a roster anyone has ever seen.
    Any way you can post the whole list? No longer an insider here.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Ford's first mock draft.
    Oh god. I cannot see this ending well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    Dieng is the player I have wanted the Pacers to target for a while now. He is a long defensive force, with enough touch to garner some offensive prowess. He is a better jump shooter than I realized even, which makes me that much more high on him. I doubt he gets to us now unfortunately.

Russ Smith I want no part of.

Trey Burke I would love to get, but I'm partial. Here's the thing with Burke. Some NBA team is now going to draft him in the top ten with huge expectations for him to be some game changer for the franchise. That is terrible for him. He is a modest guy who works hard and is very mature. He would fit in great with a more mature team where he can fit in a role and work on his game over a couple of years. He's played himself onto a worse team that will likely not have many veterans and he will be asked to be more than what he is. I love the kid in the second half of the draft, hate seeing him in the top half.

Peyton Siva is a kid I would take a chance on in the late second round, sure. But he's still got too many holes in his game as a prospect to be anything other than a late flyer.
    I wonder if Dieng has better hands than our current backup center? I think he would be a reasonable pick at 23. Adams would be ok. Wolters would be reasonable also. If trading up I would go after Oladipo and MKG.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I wonder if Dieng has better hands than our current backup center? I think he would be a reasonable pick at 23. Adams would be ok. Wolters would be reasonable also. If trading up I would go after Oladipo and MKG.
    You wonder if he has better hands than Ian? Edward scissorhands has better hands than Ian.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Mood

It's gonna be great to see how many guys get overvalued and end up being busts.

Trey Burke is a perfect example. Ball dominant guard that is a so-so decision maker, terrible off the ball, a feast or famine 3 point shooter, and so-so speed. He's a great college player, but I don't see how his particular style/needs will fit with an NBA team. Just don't see it at all. He feasts on inferior teams, then typically struggles against good teams (The last 10 minutes of the Kansas game and last nights game are 2 huge exceptions).

Mclemore, from Kansas, is another guy that'll likely go too early. He isn't very aggressive, disappears for long stretches, is a great shooter, but is otherwise reasonably limited. Yet, he'll go in the top 10 along with Burke.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    It's gonna be great to see how many guys get overvalued and end up being busts.

Trey Burke is a perfect example. Ball dominant guard that is a so-so decision maker, terrible off the ball, a feast or famine 3 point shooter, and so-so speed. He's a great college player, but I don't see how his particular style/needs will fit with an NBA team. Just don't see it at all. He feasts on inferior teams, then typically struggles against good teams (The last 10 minutes of the Kansas game and last nights game are 2 huge exceptions).

Mclemore, from Kansas, is another guy that'll likely go too early. He isn't very aggressive, disappears for long stretches, is a great shooter, but is otherwise reasonably limited. Yet, he'll go in the top 10 along with Burke.
    Look who is in the draft. I mean how many guys would you draft ahead of Burke and McLemore?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Look who is in the draft. I mean how many guys would you draft ahead of Burke and McLemore?
    That's a great point. This draft blows.

Said this before but, I think Kentavious Caldwell-Pope would be a good fit. A big athletic SG with deep range who can hold his own on D. Isn't going to take over a game but, around this group he'll get alot of open looks. Really what we've been missing from the second group.
    I'm a Beast

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    You wonder if he has better hands than Ian? Edward scissorhands has better hands than Ian.
    Watch Hanner Perea of IU sometime. No joke, he makes Ian seem sure-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    Said this before but, I think Kentavious Caldwell-Pope would be a good fit. A big athletic SG with deep range who can hold his own on D. Isn't going to take over a game but, around this group he'll get alot of open looks. Really what we've been missing from the second group.

Why do the Pacers need another young SG? They already have Lance and Juice, not to mention Hill and PG can play the SG as well. Other than Green, who you can't count on, wouldn't drafting a SF be more important than drafting a SG? Or another BIG with possibly Hans and Pendy not being re-signed?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post

That's a great point. This draft blows.
    This is why I've said this is a good year to trade out if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This is why I've said this is a good year to trade out if at all possible.
    It's a terrible draft if you are picking in the top ten, sure. But what would we get for dealing a late first round pick in a weak draft? Take a player and keep him for a few years on a rookie contract.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I think Burke will be a pretty good pro. Maybe not elite, but he'll have a long career along the lines of at least a Jarret Jack type. He's definitely worthy of a top 10 pick, especially in this weak draft.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Wolters in the 1st rd would be a terrible pick IMO. With Adams I would say its terrible because he cant play but I could at least see the POV the FO is taking. Wolters at #23 would make me puke.

On who is better than Burke in the class? IMO plenty of guys. He isnt even the best pg in the class IMO. Smart is head and shoulders a better pro prospect and it isnt that close IMO. Burke and MCW are the two that should be grouped together in that next tier IMO.

Smart? You mean the guy that can't shoot or pass? Sure.

I love how the guy with the top A/TO rate in the country makes bad decisions....
    Last edited by Kstat; 04-09-2013 at 08:41 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

It's a terrible draft if you are picking in the top ten, sure. But what would we get for dealing a late first round pick in a weak draft? Take a player and keep him for a few years on a rookie contract.

Why do people, not directing this at you in particulaar, ask what can you get? My answer is, if the #23 pick is packaged with a player or 2 then something of possible greater value for the future. If your goal is another Plumlee at #23 to fill out a roster on a cheap rookie contract by all means keep the #23 pick. If your goal is to not improve the roster, then by all means keep the #23 pick.

My good gracious, lets not try to improve by trading a #23 pick in a very weak draft for a player who can help the Pacers going forward. Lets just keep the status quo as it is and be losing to the freaking Cavs by 20! Why try to improve the roster when you can get a super dooper player at #23 in a weak draft who likely won't contribute for a # of years?

Again, I'm not singling you out I just feel the Pacers need an up[grade and this is a way of doing it. Plus I'm flipp'n upset being beaten by the Cavs. grrr